September 5, 2014 - The Woodlands, TX

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Sep 5, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

The Carnivores Tour kicks back up in The Woodlands, Texas on September 5th, and it's bringing with it the 11th LPU Summit!

This is not the first time Linkin Park has played in The Woodlands, with this show they are up in 6 in total. The shows in 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2008 and 2012 all had the stops at the same place, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion. This is where Linkin Park in 2008 played their last show for 11 months when they finished off that years Projekt Revolution. The band had six more shows planned for the year, including a five stop Asian Music for Relief tour. But due to Chester hurting his back and needed surgery those plans were scrapped and the band headed to the studio to work on A Thousand Suns. The 2008 tour ended with a bang, the band chose to end with One Step Closer and they had Street Drum Corps come out and join the band on stage, bringing even more bangs to the song to end the tour in a proper way. They also played here in 2012, check out Bleed It Out from that show here below.

[video=youtube;moUxUmBq5gY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moUxUmBq5gY[/video]

[​IMG]

Last we caught up with The Carnivores Tour they stopped in Clarkston, MI where they delivered an explosive set, playing Set A. The band havs been rotating between Set A and Set B during this tour, making it one less than what has been protocol since 2007 when they introduced three rotating setlists. For festival runs and similar tours they have usually kept to one setlist with minor modifications, but with headlining tours they usually rotate between multiple sets. With this being a return show from a tiny break, maybe the band will introduce Set C tonight? Check out a great video of the Caste of Glass Experience from the Clarkston show here below.

[video=youtube;ShN0A8tll5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShN0A8tll5k[/video]
    Courtesy of LPA member Fathom

This show is the host for the 11th LPU Summit, and we all hopefully know what that means. Prior LPU Summits have seen acoustic performances, sound checks, walks across the stage, as well as backstage and tour bus tours to name a few. An acoustic set, probably consisting of just Final Masquerade and maybe another acoustic rendition. Just me wishing for one of Rebellion? Check out the acoustic rendition of Final Masquerade performed by Brad and Chester here below.

[video=youtube;hmqsKtYBuuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmqsKtYBuuM[/video]
    For more information on LPU Summits and how you can attend one, visit LPUnderground.com for more details.

With this being the first show back from the mini 5 days break, the band will be well rested and on top of their game. There has been talks ever since the previous LPU Summit in New York that the band will bring out A Place For My Head, as it was originally on the setlist for New York to close the show. Will this happen today? We'll have to wait and see, but we all want A Place For My Head back in the setlist.

In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members.

After this the tour moves on to Dallas,TX on the 6th and after that it stops on the 8th in Englewood, CO.

Are you going to the show? Are you attending the LPU Summit? Will Linkin Park pull out a surprise in the set? Come and discuss in our forums.

Setlist:

LPU Summit:
    01.Final Masquerade (Acoustic)

Show:
    01. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    04. With You
    05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened] (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only; Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
    07. Papercut [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    08. Rebellion (Ext. Intro)
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Numb (Numb/Encore False Start/Outro)
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, When They Come For Me; Ext. Outro Transition)
    19. Lying From You (Dirt Off You Shoulders Intro/Bridge/Outro)
    20. Somewhere I Belong
    21. In The End
    22. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    23. Burn It Down [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus)
    24. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    25. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    26. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1)
    27. What I've Done (Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Nice post!

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Thank You :)

American_Idiot07

American_Idiot07 Member

Am I the only one that thinks they should stop closing out there shows with BIO. They've been ending their shows with that song since 2008 if I'm not mistaking. APFMH should now finish. That would be awesome.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Dallas is two days away :D Methinks I might die of awesome that night as it will be my first LP concert.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I'll be at the Summit today and the show of course. Looking forward to a fantastic day!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I will also be at the Summit today. Look for the Asian guy in the ATS shirt, and possibly a cap and scarf because why not?

Rezanator

A scarf? In this Houston weather? You have a death wish or something? :WTF:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

To be fair, we're all wearing black LP shirts to this thing most likely. We'll all be suffering. But I'll be suffering in style.

EDIT: Just kidding, my scarf doesn't match very well. Minimum style it is.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    Rezanator

Just wanted to provide an update on yesterday's LPU Summit and show at the Woodlands, TX. The Summit was great even though it started a bit late and it was very hot outside. We got to mess around with the band's gear on stage and everyone in the crew was super accommodating and informative. The band's Q&A was cool and even though the sound system didn't work great the guys went along with it. Mike actually got up a couple of times to fix the speakers himself since the sound guy was not there. Also, I was one of the raffle winners for the pit row photographer for the first 3 songs and I couldn't believe my luck! I never win these kinds of things and I was really excited at the opportunity to be right there in front of the stage to take pics of the band. They were literally less than 5 feet away and it was an amazing experience to see the band that up close and to be there with the professional photographers. The show itself was amazing and the band kept sounding better as they evening progressed. Many other things happened during the whole day but I don't want to make a long ass post about it. Lastly, just wanted to say that LPU members are awesome! Everyone helped each other out whether it was getting water or taking pictures and everyone was really friendly. I was kind of amazed actually. Also, Lorenzo from the LPU worked super hard to make sure we had the best experience possible so a BIG thank you to him and LPU team. I have videos which I will probably upload later.

10612591_10152389640131705_1012239911212333818_n.jpg
    I was so close!

10660285_10152389640226705_7916105331221417794_n.jpg

10689770_10152389640326705_1116949825111818912_n.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The setlist of the show was is the set with With You, Lying from You and Somewhere I Belong.