September 10, 2014 - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Sep 10, 2014.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Tonight's show in Phoenix, AZ marks the band's fourteenth trip to Arizona and their first since February of 2011! This will be The Carnivores Tour's only stop in Chester Bennington's home state (as well as my own) of Arizona before finishing up with a string of tour dates in California and a brief excursion to Washington state.

The last time the band was in Arizona was in 2011 for the A Thousand Suns World Tour. If any of you would like to relive the experience that I unfortunately did not get the chance to experience, a video clip of "New Divide" from the concert is provided below!

[youtube]RVsnud7aC1M[/youtube]​

As you all know by now, setlists for The Carnivores Tour have largely remained unchanged, with minor tweaks from show-to-show. Fans can expect something very similar to what the band played in Englewood, CO a couple of days ago!

Are you guys attending tonight's show like I am? You can find out which fellow LPA members are attending your show by checking out the LPA Meet-Ups thread. If you do meet with a fellow LPA member, don't forget to tweet us a pic of yourselves to @LPAssociation! I will be there, so feel free to stop by and say hello! I will be in my blue LPAssociation shirt!

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Still waiting for the day Chester performs in Phoenix with a Suns jersey. :halfkappa:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I am here at the show. I bought Pre-order tickets but still ended up with Row 18. I'm not complaining. It's just surprising I'm so high up when I bought tickets the minute they dropped.

None the less, Im super excited! My first LP show!!!!!!!! Also my first 30STM show!!!!!! Now its time to get off and enjoy myself :)

Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

Here now, section 107 row 12. :)

Blake

Section 115 row 18 for me!

Blake

So I am here with a report of the show! This is the first Linkin Park show I have been too so naturally I decided to write a big long post about it.

I took the light rail to the stadium in hopes that the show would end on time to take the light rail back. This made the concert a lot cheaper. The concert was held at U.S. Airways Center, which is a nice venue for concerts. I have been to this arena two times before. Once for a basketball game and once for an Imagine Dragons concert. I walked into a side entrance where I ended up right next to a merch table. Normally, I don't splurge on anything when I go to concerts but this time I decided to buy a T-shirt. To this date, I have never owned a Linkin Park T-shirt or a Tour T-shirt. I ended up picking out the gray T-shirt that has the tour dates on the back.

Now onto the show. I was in row 18 which ended up being nice because there was a hot girl next to me as well as a hot girl in front of me who knew the people next me. I ended up talking to her for a bit. She was there for Linkin Park as opposed to the people in front of me who were there for 30 Seconds to Mars. She said 'The Hunting Party' had to grow on her but now she likes it. Also, while this may upset the online fanbase, I heard a lot of people talk about 'The Hunting Party' going back to their roots. Anyways, first up was A Fire Inside. I used to be A Fire Inside fan. However, after Decemberunderground, they fell off. When it came to their set, they sounded good but I didn't really know what they were playing as I stopped listening to them a long while ago. The last they played was 'Miss Murder' and that was all I needed from their set to be happy. So, Indeed, I enjoyed AFI's set.

Next came 30 Seconds to Mars. I am a huge 30 Seconds to Mars fan, but I have to be honest. I wold never go see a 30 Seconds to Mars show ever again. This was my first time seeing 30 Seconds to Mars and the only information I knew about their live sets were rumors I have heard over the years and one live stream I watched in 2010 I think. The main rumor is that Jared Leto only sings 50% of the words. The second is that they ignore their early work completely. ALL rumors came true. The first thing that I thought was weird was the outfit Jared was wearing. No offense, but it looked like I was at a Kanye West or Tokio Hotel show. Secondly, the rumor that he sings 50% of the time. This was SPOT on. He only sang 50% of the words. Yes, crowd interaction is good, but not in a way that is overkill. I come to hear you perform, sing your dang songs! Jared Leto, if you are only going to sing 50% of the words in your songs, you are in the wrong business. The third and fourth go hand in hand. This is that they ignore their first two albums. Do you want to know how many songs they played from their first two albums? 1. It was an acoustic version. They also act like no one in the crowd knows their previous music. Jared asked, "Do you guys know a song called Kings and Queens?" 'Kings and Queens' is not that old. It's from the album before their last one. As long as the person knows 30 Seconds to Mars, they will know the song. Stop ignoring your work unless you are literally ashamed of your past self.

Well, on to Linkin Park. They were amazing! I did not follow the setlist this tour because I wanted to be surprised. However, since I followed the European tour, I already knew what was potentially coming and a lot of stuff was familiar. Starting off the show was the best opening ever! Guilty all the Same into Given Up into Points of Authority into One Step Closer into Rebellion into Runaway with other little things thrown in! It was the best way to open the show! So in your face and heavy! The rest of the set was great too. I am very happy that Final Masquerade was played, it sounded killer! The whole band killed it. Chester, Mike, Joe, and Rob especially! It really was an experience to remember. Honestly, I thought they were one of the best live acts based on videos but this just cemented it. This was the best performance from any band or artist I have ever seen! If it wasn't for 30 Seconds to Mars, this would probably be one of the best concerts I have ever been too. However, because of 30 Seconds to Mars lack of a performance in my opinion, there are other shows this year that have topped it. But don't get me wrong, it was insane!

I will definitely go see them again if I ever get a chance!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Blake, you just summed up the Dallas show for me in a very precise, eloquent way. There were hot girls next to me, I got the gray shirt, and I feel the exact same way about LP. They absolutely annihilated Dallas. I'm so glad I got to see them, and I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!

Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

100% agree with you. 30 seconds to mars was a joke... linkin park was flawless, can't wait till next time

Blake

Can't agree more! It just pisses me off. This is your profession, do your fricking job!

Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

lol yep. It was ridiculous how often in the middle of a song he would stop singing and start talking