September 18, 2014 - Wheatland, CA

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Sep 18, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

The Carnivores Tour continues it's stride throughout California!

This time the tour stops in Wheatland, CA for it's third show there for Linkin Park. The band previously played here in 2001 and 2007. We know no information about the 2001 performance, so we'll stick to the 2007 show for all the trivia today. This was the second performance on the 2007 leg of Projekt Revolution, and if you know your Linkin Park history, you'll know that's the tour that started the rotating setlists, something that the band is still doing to this day. At this performance, it was the first time ever that the band opened a show the same way they did on Minutes to Midnight... with Wake/Given Up. Before this the band had opened all the "full show" performances of 2007 with One Step Closer. But check out the performance of Wake/Given Up here below.

[video=youtube;Dp6D6Dh8joc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6D6Dh8joc[/video]
    Then came the fun police and asked if the person recording was recording... hope he/she didn't lie about it.

[​IMG]

At the previous show the band played in Chula Vista where they played set B with the first verse of When They Come For Me over the rap medley. Sadly we did not see a reprisal of the show at The Hollywood Bowl where the band brought out Daron Malakian to play guitar on Rebellion and Austin Carlile to sing on Faint. They did however rock the set, and you can see a full demonstration of that in the video below, where the band plays With You.

[video=youtube;aP_l_nuLBlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_l_nuLBlw[/video]
    Missing a few seconds in the beginning... but still a good video!

This is almost it, people. This is the second to last show of the tour, and while Linkin Park finally did some surprises at the Hollywood Bowl show, can we expect anything more? Can we expect other surprises? Maybe a unplayed song? Another guest coming out? There has been no rumors or talk about surprises, but since we are so close to the end now, this is the time to expect it.

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members.

After this the band heads to Concord, CA for the FINAL SHOW of The Carnivores Tour. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.. :cry:

Are you going to this show? Can we expect any surprises from the band? Come and discuss in our forums.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

This is my show!!! My girlfriend and I are going. I'm so fucking stoked, this will be my third time seeing them, and her first.

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I'll be here! Bringing my children to their first LP show, and this is my sixth one.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

News post wkth Kevin breaking down. Priceless!

theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

I'll be there! 5th LP concert. Bringing a few friends who have never seen them to experience the magic.

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I really hope to see some familiar faces. Doesn't seem likely though.

thekyan

thekyan Member

I'm going to the concord show tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knows what time the gates open to let the general access people in?