Pink Floyd - The Endless River [YES THIS IS ACTUALLY A THING THAT IS HAPPENING!]

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by RazorEye, Jul 6, 2014.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

It has been known that David Gilmour has been in the studio for the past year or so working on a new album. However, news from Polly Samson, Gilmour's wife and one of the many people behind the post-Waters Pink Floyd and David Gilmour, randomly posted on Twitter that Gilmour is indeed working under the Pink Floyd name. Durga McBroom-Hudson, one of the band's original backup singers on the Momentary Lapse and the legendary Division Bell World Tours, the set piece behind Pulse, also posted a picture on Facebook of her in the studio with David Gilmour, seemingly in unison with Samson.

Samson stated that the album is called The Endless River and is planned to be released in October of this year. Nick Mason is involved, prompting the release under the Pink Floyd name assumingly, and Andy Jackson, long time Pink Floyd engineer, is also involved. The album is based around sessions made around 1994, the same year of the release of the band's fourteenth and supposed final album, The Division Bell, with Richard Wright. Samson has described it as "Rick Wright's swansong", and Hudson had stated that the album was mainly created as a tribute to Rick, who died in 2008 due to an undisclosed form of cancer. His last work was on David Gilmour's 2006 album On an Island.

The big thing to note, however, is that there has been no official word on whether or not Roger Waters is involved. Although it is good to note that he has been working on new material for a while now, towards a new album tentatively titled Homeland. It is very unlikely that Waters is involved in any way, shape or form.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Name or not, it's not Floyd without Waters.

RazorEye

I still don't understand why people think this. Was Momentary Lapse and The Division Bell really that bad? :lol:

EDIT: Besides, this album (seemingly) is being made as a tribute to Richard Wright. You're kinda missing the whole point by bringing up the whole Roger Waters thing. Just sayin' :p

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

If it actually does come out, I'll wait until I hear it to judge. Water's lead era is my favorite, but I did like On an Island, and if it's similar to that I'll probably be okay with it.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I am most certainly an early era Floyd guy. I like the stuff before Gilmore much more that the stuff without Waters.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

David Gilmour is responsible for Shine On You Crazy Diamond's four note riff, therefore David Gilmour > Roger Waters

In any case, I doubt this would be putting this out under the Pink Floyd name, if it wasn't good. I, for one, am excited.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

David Gilmour is by some distance the most talented member of Pink Floyd and honestly I think Roger Waters is a bit of a dick, but this is pretty null and void if Pink Floyd are back without Waters.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Me and especially my father will be happy about this :)

RazorEye

Gibs

Gibs

[​IMG]

The Endless River will release on November 10th. Pre-orders are up now. There will be a standard CD, double vinyl, and a 2 disc boxed set.
    http://www.pinkfloyd.com/theendlessriver/

There is also an audio preview on the website. Very short, but it's there.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    RazorEye

Yes.

Gibs

It just occured to me that because of The Endless River, Pink Floyd might go on tour.

HYPE HYPE HYPE.

RazorEye

Can a mod drop the "[YES THIS IS ACTUALLY A THING THAT IS HAPPENING!]" out from the title? I didn't really think critically when choosing the thread title! :lol:

Doesn't really seem likely at all, but they haven't ruled it out... :awesome:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

that is one fuck-ugly cover.

Gibs

:wat:

RazorEye

>initiate 30 pages of rage :kappa:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

[video=youtube;UHtlwQNVQeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHtlwQNVQeo[/video]
    [video=youtube;doUm7viV9oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doUm7viV9oc&list=PL0SqtI95X6o2JtmjMNvqR6fvhbanLZCGS[/video]
    [video=youtube;QQocDfdtBco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QQocDfdtBco[/video]

:worship:

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Tasty as fck.

RazorEye

I really LOVE the third preview. It's great to hear something that's been roaming around the internet for a while in it's full studio-produced glory! :D