Stereotyping-the new black?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by BloodOnTheDashboard, Feb 6, 2004.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I knew that... :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    sure you did babe.

:shifty:

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

:wub: [/b][/quote]
    Gee thanks. I feel so specail right now. :mellow:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

sure you don't mean stoned?

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

sure you don't mean stoned?[/b][/quote]
    No that'd be you. :whistle: :shifty:

/me runs :chemist:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

No that'd be you. :whistle: :shifty:

/me runs :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    that's not an insult, you know. :p

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

that's not an insult, you know. :p [/b][/quote]
    I know it's not. I suck at insults. :mellow:

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

[​IMG]

oh look Cassie just shot you :whistle: [/b][/quote]
    Wow, that's an interesting turn on my sig. :rolleyes:

Fortunately the people in my school are pretty open-minded so I don't get labelled that often. Only my friend has called me a "goth" once because I wear black nail polish and listen to all these heavy metal bands but she was only joking! :lol: I'm nothing like a Goth. Labels suck.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I think in my country, stereotyping in schools is not as heavy as what it seems to be in U.S. But I've made a statement to everyone to call me a rocker. At first they couldn't believe that I support heavy music because everyone thought I'm nothing but a simple, goody-goody nerdy girl.

They respect me for who I am.

Why on earth do people always associate heavy music with rebellion? Rock and metal are only awesome because they've got attitude and passion. Music should be for everyone, not just people who feel they have to fit in with a certain image.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I'm usually just the outcast really at my school. I never talk to anyone unless they talk to me first. I have a few friends, not too many though but I really don't mind. I've been labeled alot of things. Emo, Punk, Goth. Yes GOTH. Which is wierd to me really because I don't even wear clothing like it..nor Punk.

I'm just a regular geek who like's anything associated with Japan, collects Hello Kitty, listens to rock, get's laughed at for wearing unmatched socks, and get's through life by writing poems and songs.

Yup. Life is good. :p

dips

dips Banned

Goth

Raver

Skater

Graver

Punk

Uhmm.....

I think that's it.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

We have many labels at our school:
    Preppies - People who think they are better than everyone else. (These people will usually walk by me and my friends and just give us this really stupid "why the #### are you here?" look.)(I don't get along with them.)

Jocks - Pretty much the basketball, baseball, & foot ball players. We have volleyball, and bowling, and tennis, and swimming, and all that kind of stuff, but they just aren't considered jocks..I dunno why. (I get along with very few of them, but a lot of the girls basketball team are preps.)

Prissies - All the chicks who try to act better than everyone, even though usually they are ditzes and get there asses kicked.(also known as the bitches, i hate them)

Posers - People who act like they don't care what people say, but really they do. There was this one girl at our school, and she dressed all preppy (abercrombie shirts, and striped sweaters and ####, but shes hot..)and people would call her a prep and she got tired of it, so she started dressing in like B-Line, Kode Red, Stitch Label, and hot topic like clothing. Well one day someone came up to her and called her a farmer cause she was wearing these overalls. And she started crying and screaming #### like "Im not a farmer!". it was pretty funny.( i hate posers - why can't they just be themself?)

Punks - People who don't give a #### what people think, and aren't afraid to say something to someone. (Most of this "group" are my friends.)(Also known as "skaters")

Goths - Very misunderstood term. These are the people in the corner at lunch time. They usually seclude themself, and are made fun of often. Especially by preppy-ass girls who are all like "oh my god, is she ever gone wear RED lipstick" or something stupid like that. A lot of people who wear black all the time are considered gothic (like me). (A lot of the gothic people are friends of mine.)

Pimp/Player/Baller/Slut/Whore - These terms are usually used together. All basicly meaning they play someone, and they are just having fun while they are a teen. Usually they cheat on their girlfriend or boyfriend, and are hated by most everyone.

Loner - People who use others.

And then their are the people who just be themselves.

We have the dumbest labels in my school. They're usually reserved for the bitchy cliques of girls who hang out at the same place after school or on weekends. I don't like them (the girls) but it's kind of stupid to use labels like that. Labels suck.

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

i think this is the most interesting post on here ive read becuase im also very interested in the way people are labeled

i dont think anyone sees the real you what they see is label everyones put on you but everyone does it even if its unintentional.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I hate it when people start making cliques and stuff though. It's like, you're asking for a label. Take for instance, these girls at my school. They call themselves the "P-Unit" and make a big thing out of it. Now don't tell me you don't expect people to think its the "Popular-Unit" or something. It's so dumb :rolleyes:

P-Unit. :lol: Sounds like a cheap G-Unit rip-off. I generally dislike cliques, groupies and clans. They want to unite people but they end up alienating others.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

After reading that, I remembered im in a clique. We call it the D-Unit (i know, another rip off :p) and we represent the"D-Side" (one side of our 6th period english class :p). It's not like a serious street gang or anything, but its fun and stupid and highschool.

D-SIIIIIIDE!!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

What does the D stand for? ... :shifty:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

What does the D stand for? ... :shifty: [/b][/quote]
    lmao. :lol: Dragon. It's a totally different subject that I'll explain later :p