Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2015: Who will be nominated for next year's induction and make the cut?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mr. Awesome, Oct 4, 2014.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

The nominees for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for next year will be revealed at some point in October. Who do you guys like to see get nominated and inducted. For me, I don't really want them to focus more on the 90's bands yet (maybe one per year won't hurt) and look back at the bands that were around in the 70's and most of/were completely around during the 80's.

Iron Maiden:

IM is one of the staples of New Wave of British Heavy Metal and one of Metal's biggest bands. They been creating their "purest" metal albums that stayed true to the genre at their best. A bit more than the 80's Judas Priest and way more than the 90's and Modern Metallica. Their live shows are awesome and their skills should not be questioned, technically. Even though they get no or only just little mainstream exposures. Maiden was lucky enough to get million of copies sold worldwide thanks to their fans and they get a lot of respect from them.

Judas Priest:

Black Sabbath wasn't the only band that created Metal back in the 70's. JP is a huge cog in Heavy Metal’s Evolution. Back in the 80's, they were considered the first and maybe the only band to create "radio-friendly" singles while staying true to the genre without alienating their biggest fans and their early albums laid a fabric for the Thrash sound that occurred years later. From the guitar attacks of K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton to Rob Halford's high pitched wail voice, they are nicknamed "the Metal Gods."

Slayer:

Musically and lyrically, Slayer is the most extreme Thrash Metal band compared to the rest of the Big Four (Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax). Their musical styles are known for their speedy alternate picking, double bass drumming, riffs with no or only little regular scales, shouted vocals, and of course graphic lyrics that made the critics riot. Metallica was inducted to the Hall of Fame back in 2009 and this does bring in a possibility for Slayer and other well known Thrash Metal bands.

Black Flag:

They're one of the first Hardcore Punk bands and a key influence on punk subculture in the United States and abroad. A band that influenced a lot of bands after them, both Punk and Non-Punk bands a like. Their musical styles were unique for a mixture of raw simplicity of The Ramones, atonal guitar solos, and frequent tempo shifts. Metal and Hard Rcok weren't the only genres they partly incorporated. Black Flag also added elements of Jazz, breakbeat, and classical music in their sound. They were an underground legend.

Dead Kennedys:

Like Black Flag, they were one of the earliest, and one of the most popular and influential Hardcore Punk bands. But the DK's took a different direction by adding elements of Surf music, Western, Psychedelic, Garage, and the earliest forms of 50's Rock music with some comical and satirical lyrics also along with the band's lead vocalist Jello Biafra's viewpoint on politics and society.

Motley Crue:

Despite being oftenly noted for their hedonistic lifestyles and the persona the band maintained, they are part of the first wave of Hair Metal/80's Glam Rock and the Crue also started the Heydays of the genre and were followed by other Hair bands that cited them as one of their influences. Even Marilyn Manson, Hinder, and Papa Roach loved them with a passion. Bon Jovi maybe the biggest Hair band commercially, but MC made the most impact than any other Hair band.

I need some more time to say about other bands that I'd like to see to get inducted to the Hall Of Fame and I'll add them here on this post.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I think Linkin Park should make it...

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Slayer in the RaRHoF is hilarious. And will never happen.

zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see linkin park inducted to rock n roll hall of fame someday just to see people pissed off :D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Won't happen until 2025

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

All I care about is NIN making it this year. And they well should.

I understand the arguments that older bands that are more deserving aren't in yet, but we know how the Hall of Fame is bullshit anyways.

With that said though, I really REALLY hope NIN gets in on his/their first year.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The RaRHoF is a joke.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I wasn't being serious.

Mr. Awesome

LP may not be eligible yet, but it'll happen a bit sooner than you think. They released their first EP back in 1997 under their first original name Xero before Chester joined the band.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Xero EP was not a commercial release.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

All of those bands' influence on music is is undeniable. I don't see the need for the RaRHoF to affirm this, them being a complete joke in the first place (though I am glad Rush made it in a few years ago).

Mr. Awesome

They don't count undergournd/self-releases? Then they should change that rule so they can make things fair for some artists who are eligible right now and and others who will be in the future.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Because if there's anything fair, it's the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Besides the first class, which wouldn't really count, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that made it First Ballot besides Nirvana.

And it's 25 years after first commercial release. So anything pre-1990 will be game.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I doubt it will ever happen, but Weird Al needs to get in.

Gibs

This year's nominees:

• Nine Inch Nails
    • The Smiths
    • Lou Reed
    • Green Day (lol)
    • Kraftwerk
    • N.W.A.
    • Jona Jett and the Blackhearts
    • Chic
    • Sting
    • The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
    • The Marvelettes
    • The Spinners
    • Stevie Ray Vaughan,
    • War
    • Bill Withers

(Source)

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I'm cool with nine inch nails, awesome. In fact, I'm mostly okay with the names i recognize on this list. But if green day gets in, I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

Gibs

It would make me extremely happy if NIN, Lou Reed, The Smiths, and Stevie Vay Vaughn made it in. The rest, don't really care. Green Day though..... no, just no.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Saw NIN, got hype.