LPA Monthly Mix-UP: September 2014: Winners

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Oct 7, 2014.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Last month, we challenged the ever-growing remix community with the monumental task of taking a free-for-all creative control of "Keys To The Kingdom" to create something as unexpected and unique as the original. We had an amazing turn-out with 24 very different entries. The entries last month varied from first timers to seasoned veterans with an array of remixes, mash-ups and a cover. Before the winners are announced, I speak on behalf of the staff here by saying we appreciate everyone who participated in our monthly competition! If your entry did not place, please do not be discouraged. We implore you to keep being creative and work at making your remixes the best they can possibly be. With that being said, the September 2014 Keys To The Kingdom Free-For-All winners are:

Winner:

Xefuzion took his remix this month and paired it with Charlie Chaplin's inspirational speech at the end of "The Great Dictator" and created this epic call to arms which the lyrics to "Keys To The Kingdom" pair quite nicely with. This powerful and impressionable track will both captivate and inspire you with stellar decision making and a fantastic usage of lyrical content to tell a story.

Runners Up:

Remember that one cover I was talking about earlier? Well this is it. MKH and Broman's entry this month starts off with Mike's first verse beautifully delivered by Maria Cecilia Jernæs accompanied by a piano. The cover then goes from there featuring everything from a Sammy Hagar-esque howl, live guitars and drums to an original rap verse and guitar solo. This unique and vastly different entry definitely stood out from the crowd. Thank you guys for thinking outside of the box.

RostaSliwka took this very off the wall idea of what a mash-up of George Gershwin and Linkin Park would sound like. The finished product comes out way better than anyone could ever expect. It is out of the box thinking like this which makes an entry stand out on its own two feet and forces you to take notice of it.

Cypher's Drumstep remix of "Keys To The Kingdom" takes the listener on this audible acid trip which starts off with a piano intro and takes a sharp turn filled with the highest of highs. It continues on and brilliantly mixes the very harsh vocals of the Chorus to "Keys" very well with the rest of his track to where neither are overbearing. This makes for a very pleasant audible adventure which leaves you Jonesing for more.

The Almighty Potato [Infamous Davy Fresh Cobra]: "Keys To McDaddydom"

This remix starts of with this very laid-back feeling intro which is reminiscent of the "hidden" track off of the Hybrid Theory EP. The Almighty Potato has a great balance in his remix with having a very aggressive song, but managing to keep it harnessed and fitting it into a less-aggressive setting.

Honorable Mention:

Silverstreet gets the honorable mention this month with his outstanding, pitch-shifting, roads untraveled-mashing remix that almost guarantees to leave you with "Tell me what's worth fighting for, when we know there's nothing more, Just to sell ourselves for this: The path we least resist" stuck in your head for days. The way that Silverstreet handled the vocals in both Roads Untraveled and Keys To The Kingdom was brilliant by changing the tone and feeling of both songs and making them work well together.

Congratulations to the winners from last month's competition! October's Monthly Mix-Up brings the fun of The Hunting Party's second track "All For Nothing" to the table in another Free-For-All! Good luck to those entering this month's competition and congrats to those who placed last month!

Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Congo to all.All were equally good.

Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

well done guys and well deserved :)

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Thanks, now its stuck in my head again :lol:. Amazing remix Silverstreet. And congrats to everyone.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Salute!!!

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Congrats to those who won!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Damn, I thought RostaSliwka's remix was the best until I heard Xefuzion's version. So much creativity in these 2 remixes and all the other ones for that matter. Great job guys. It was so refreshing to hear all these versions.

rostasliwka

rostasliwka RS

Wow! Thank you! It's a great honor to be runner up in this particular month. Congratulations to the winner, runners up and honorable mention!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yours was incredible as well. The entries this month were outstanding.

Xefuzion blew my mind as well.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I actually got runners up? Cool. I never listened to the Hybrid Theory EP so I don't know what "Hidden Track" sounds like :lol: Now it's time to remix the one song I don't like at all for this months MMU.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

High level stuff. Congratulations, this month is one of my favorites, probably the best one

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:lol: You're welcome!

[youtube]69Z3hJt_Gj4[/youtube]

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If there isn't a remix album put out for The Hunting Party then I don't know. We need this, Reliving Things was amazing, and the winner to this month's should be on said album.

Make this happen people. The speech used was on point and should have been on the original.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is probably the strongest month ever. Damn. Great job everyone.

6161 Well-Known Member

Cypher remix I like it

Andreina

A THP Remix album has to happen. And indeed this month's winner should be in it.

ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Since it appears that we're doing contests for all the tracks on the album, why not just put together an album from all the winners?

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Sweet! That's an awesome review, thanks! :)

Andreina

I think you underestimate the remix fanbase.. There are some fans who do massive stuff without participating on the MMU or at least not as often.. I'd let the guys who know stuff make a decision on that :lol: