LPA Monthly Mix-Up November 2014: Electro-House/Nu-Disco

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 2, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/081411-161806_lpamixup_stamp.png[/thumb]

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is an ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month". To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one lucky Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner". Now that we have that out of the way view this month's theme below.

Our official theme for the month of November 2014 is:

Electro-House/Nu-Disco

HA! You thought we were going to do The Hunting Party in order didn't you? Well you were wrong, because for the first time in many months we are bringing theme months back. Kind of like bringing sexyback, but with music. That's right, with this month being locked to a theme, we will be challenging you to remix any track in Linkin Park's repetoire into a Electro-House/Nu-Disco style. What does this mean exactly? Well, we'll leave you with two tracks by a well known Electro-House/Nu-Disco style group to give you an idea of just what is possible with these genres:

[video=youtube;_0-tWLi0Kp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0-tWLi0Kp4[/video]

[video=youtube;VKzWLUQizz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzWLUQizz8[/video]

Deadline is November 30th, 2014 11:59 PM PST.

Good luck. Please note that since this is not a free-for-all month, mashups will not be allowed this round. Winners for October will be posted in a few days.

OFFICIAL RULES

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

Fuck Yeah! finally themes. I LOVE Genesis, but i never tried to play this genre. Gonna practice

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I suggested this like 2 years ago. HYPE!

Derek

I remember :)

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

So, what sound determines a Electro-House/Nu-Disco song? Just a typical electro song with bass? Is there more specifics to the genre?

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

This should be interesting. Can't wait to see the entries roll in!

Captain-EO likes this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Oh my god.

I have no idea how I'll do, but damn if I don't try. I've never tried anything like this before. A genre I don't listen to... Hmmmmmm.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Delicious Dave

Can we do rhythmic music sometime? Or maybe experimental electronica.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Derek

Delicious Dave

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

You know, I commend this break in the pattern for LPA THP mix-ups, but I always feel like in any LPA remix competition there is a plethora of electronic/dance entries (including the THP ones so far) and hardly anything raw or different from other entries in that sense. I would really like to see people reinterpret LP songs towards that side of the spectrum more for a bit (its especially fitting seeing as LP released one of their heaviest albums this year).

Then again, having listened to the two tracks, I'm interested to see what the community can deliver this month. Also, is 'The Hunting After-Party' (remix album of THP) still possibly a thing that could happen now that the official instrumentals & acapellas are released?

DirtyBlup

i thought the same thing, when i started remixing some songs of THP (even song that i didn't release yet) i decided to make them as raw as i could and less EDM-ish,because The Hunting Party is supposed to be aggressive, so... what i can tell you, at least for me, is that you'll denifitely listen heavy things

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

What you did or didn't decide to do with the songs ... had no bearing on our decision regarding this month's theme.

DirtyBlup

What? How could it did? I'm not complaining, I'm not even talking about the MMU, just talking in general. I totally like this month decision

Derek

We always take suggestions on themes. If anyone has an idea for themes that are "less edm" and more outside the box we will always consider :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Then, I'm sorry to have misunderstood you. :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Do a trash metal one. See what people come up with.

I fully understand how horrible this would be, for many reasons.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Just because it isn't your taste in music, doesn't mean it will be horrible. I am admittedly not a fan of the genre of music that this month's theme is attached to, however, I respect the remix community enough to listen to each of their entries and place my vote on the best. I will not dismiss their hard work just because I'm not a fan of the genre. Hard work and creativity are welcome. Good luck to those who enter!

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I don't think Filip was trying to insult anyone's taste in music though. Maybe you misunderstood his quote(or maybe I did) but I don't think he means any offense :)

DirtyBlup

Don't worry :D. Btw i suggest some epic orchestral theme... or orchestral/rock or orchestral/Dubstep