Linkin Park announce North American 2015 tour

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 3, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think I'm finding quotes of anywhere from 7-12 bucks for parking for Hershey. If true, that's leagues better than the 25 dollar parking in Camden last summer. That was ludicrous.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

GA for Orlando is only 91$ so its cheaper this tour for me than the one in Tampa.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I'd like to stop talking about ticket prices, but I might as well give my two cents before we find something else to bitch about for this AWESOME news.

I'll probably get the same seats I have gotten for the others at the Pittsburgh venue, left of stage, unless the pit is the section that is 50 dollars. It doesn't say which section is which price in mobile.

I'd have to guess the reason the ticket prices are so high are because it is 3 major bands, much like Carnivores. While RA and OM&M may not be as big as 30STM or AFI, all three of these bands have albums that have come out recently, while Mars and AFI were both supporting their year-old albums. We should expect large sets for every band, like Carnivores again.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Thats about the same I payed. I think My RA was a little cheaper but LP was more expensive.

Both shows were amazing and worth it though!

EDIT: What's cool about this tour is 5 of the cities they have never been to before. 7 cities they haven't been to since 2001 or before.

DOUBLE EDIT: Would drive to another state to see this show, but there's no show in surrounding states of AZ

TRIPLE EDIT: Does anyone feel like more shows might be announced? It throws me off that there are literally no West Coast shows. I know there are cities they rarely play at in the West Coast.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm not currently an LPU member so I don't have presale access and can't comment on the prices through that, but going off ticket prices on the Iowa Events Center page (which are presumably for the public on-sale date on the 7th), tickets for Des Moines are almost identical to what I paid for the Minnesota State Fair show, 80 bucks for pit. The only weird thing is that the 80 dollar price also applies to the seats closest to the stage, instead of there being a price that only applies to the GA tickets.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'll most likely be going to the Michigan one albeit it is like a 8 or 9 hour drive but that's what I did last time I went to the Chicago one. :D :)

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

I live in North-Easternish Illinois, but I'm hopefully going to be able to go to the Indianapolis show. My two favorite bands are playing together, and it would suck to miss this, haha.

Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

I'll have to see a setlist for what they are playing before I make a decision.

I went to see them when 30 seconds to Mars was playing and that was cool. But if the set-list isn't any different it's not worth my money.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

And not a single date was added for New Orleans. I still want them to come here on tour, it's way overdue.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Sweet, they're playing at Hershey. Might get pit tickets if I go again next year!

The only problem is that I liked the smaller venue that Bristow provided. Things just seem more personal compared to a larger crowd.
    Maybe I'm just crazy.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Since the tour is happening in late January - mid February, I'm not expecting a Grammys performance. :lol:

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Maybe one day they'll be in Voodoo.

RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Ugh that line up is way better for me personally than the Carnivores tour one. Shame there's no TX dates. Enjoy the face melting all who get to attend.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Just got my ticket for the 12pm presale today. I have a decent section, and I would have gotten GA, but those are the most expensive tickets. 74.35 for a nice section where I can see everything that's going on, and if it doesn't sell out (not a ton of LP fans in Pitt but a decent amount of RA fans), I can move around like I've done for the last few shows at this venue :p .

SO HYPE

Derek

If these ticket prices keep going up the way they have, it's going to make it near impossible for some fans to see the shows. I understand to some people that it's a drop in the bucket, but when you have a mortgage payment, a car payment, utilities and other things...it's pretty difficult to justify spending what will likely amount to 250-300 after taxes and fees for two tickets. I mean no band is worth that much. Especially when multiple shows I've gone to recently have had tickets in the 60-75 range.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. I remember when pit tickets used to be around the $50 mark... Also, you could find concert shirts for $15-$25. I really am thankful that there are no shows near me this time around. I cannot afford to spend another $130 for myself to go to a concert.

Derek

I mean for comparison, Projekt Revolution in 2007 was around 75-90 a ticket, which granted was high for that time...but you also got pretty much a full days worth of music (11 hours)! Not 3-4 hours and three bands.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I wanna look at my old ticket stubs to see how much tickets were back in the day.

Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

I know you guys are being all excited and no one would probably care about this but there's a misspell in the title of the post... The word "annouce", to be specific. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

"Linkin Park annouce North American 2015 tour"
    "annouce"
    "annouce"