November 16, 2014 - Paris, France.

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 16, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Back in Paris with Linkin Park. This performance makes it the return of Linkin Park to Paris and the show tonight makes it the bands tenth time they've played there, other performances include four times in 2001, twice in 2003, 2007, 2008 and finally 2010. The last time the band performed in Paris was the day after the tenth anniversary of Hybrid Theory and the band pulled out a surprise at the show. For the first and only time on the whole A Thousand Suns touring cycle the band performed A Place For My Head. This was the last performance of the song until it opened the Rock in Rio performance in 2012. Take a look at the Paris performance of the song here below.

[video=youtube;BsYYWZ91tZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsYYWZ91tZY[/video]
    What can we expect for the 15th year anniversary? The pressure is on!

The last performance for the band was in Vienna. The show was a standard Set A, but the interesting thing about the show was not the show itself. It's what happened at the LPUnderground Meet & Greet. The LPU members in attendance was played a track from the upcoming LPU XIV CD. The song is a instrumental demo from 2002. There was also a rumored track list that surfaced, but it has turned out to be false. Too bad, since it "promised" us demos from all of the bands eras. Now, because I posted two videos of Points of Authority yesterday, showing the song throughout the years in Vienna, here is Points of Authority from yesterdays show too.

[video=youtube;9M2-3k551Ao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-3k551Ao[/video]
    Yeah! Surprisingly good audio, given where it was filmed.

The show today, can we expect a normal set, or will the band pull out something special? We're slowly but surely getting closer to the end of the tour and I don't think that anyone would mind if the band started to switch up the setlists a bit more. Will there be another surprise for the LPUndergorund members at the Meet & Greet, maybe another song being played? Let's hope, we all would like some more info.

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members.

After tonight the band has three final shows in Germany before moving on to England to close out the tour with three shows in three nights. Frankfurt on the 17th and then Berlin on the 19th, before closing out Germany in Bremen on the 20th.

Are you going to the show tonight? Will there be another surprise at the LPU M&G? Will there be a surprise in the set? Have you attended any shows on the tour or are you going to one? Come and discuss in our forums.

European Tour Schedule:

Nov. 16 - Paris, France @ Bercy |
    Nov. 17 - Frankfurt, Germany @ Festhalle |
    Nov. 19 - Berlin, Germany @ O2 World |
    Nov. 20 - Bremen, Germany @ OVB Arena |
    Nov. 22 - Manchester, UK @ Phones 4 U Arena |
    Nov. 23 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |
    Nov. 24 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |

SETLIST

01. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    04. With You
    05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened] (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only; Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
    07. Papercut [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    08. Rebellion (Ext. Intro)
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Numb (Numb/Encore False Start/Outro)
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Ext. Outro Transition)
    19. Lying From You (Dirt Off You Shoulders Intro/Bridge/Outro)
    20. Somewhere I Belong
    21. In The End
    22. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    23. Burn It Down [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus)
    24. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    25. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    26. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ Points of Authority rap)
    27. What I've Done (Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

So excited to see them tonight !! :D

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Wish I could have went. Would have been a great gift. :D

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I was in Paris.

I feel so close to the band right now. :cry:

:come2croatia:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

In this moment Chester is screaming : "FILIP, COME TO LINKIN PARK!" somewhere, because he knows your connection :kappa:

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

He's right,Filip.Chester can feel your past presence,since Zlaja told him about your existence :kappa:

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well that sucked... The show itself was great, but the people around me were assholes. I was standing second row at the barricade and from the beginning there were people around me fighting and pushing like crazy. I felt like I was going to sufficate at some points!

Then during the rap medley this girl started fighting with me, saying I took her place. Uhm first of all I've been second row from the beginning, second of all haven't you noticed all the pushing? Your place isn't exactly guaranteed at that point.. Eventually I let her have my place, because she and her friend were driving me crazy and I ended up several rows back not really being able to enjoy the show anymore. Meanwhile my friend and I were seperated and she got a place at the barricade where she shook Chesters hand and got Mike's guitar pick.. To say I was bummed is putting it mildly.

Can't say I'm a big fan if the French after this experience.. LP at Pinkpop in The Netherlands was SO much more fun! Everyone was just as excited, but there was barely any pushing and fighting.

Seeing the guys from second row was pretty amazing, but I'm not sure I will get standing tickets the next time.

Btw, if the rude French girl with the ugly tattoos on her boobs happens to read this: you suck donkeyballs and thanks for ruining my concert.

End rant.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Poor thing :/ - I've always wanted to be right up front because that's where I imagine all of the other fans are

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm sorry for that bad experience but don't make a generality. I've been to 4 LP shows in France, in the front row each time, and I've never lived that, it was awesome and friendly everytime. I'm very sorry for you, you just found some assholes.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

You Should of throw an drink at her head :)

PeterG

PeterG 2007 Prague, 2014 Vienna LIVE

@Lotus : My sincere sympathy though no one died, but can feel how they spoilt the fun and amusement from the show u have been waiting for so long/some time. This sometimes happens..:-( luckily I can't remember when regarding myself.. Expect Vienna show right before of Paris, where we were in seating sector for the first time and never ever. Better at the far end of the ground then among people nailed to seats for at aleast half the show :)) just check my report.. Luckily I saved the night by moving away from seats right after 1st song :)
    PS: I had always wondered how French sing these songs.. Maybe its ok, but working in my job with them its funny to listen to.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

It can be great wtih the right crowd. At Pinkpop I was standing 4 or 5 rows from the barricade and it was sooo much fun! Seriously one of the best nights I've ever had. And yeah it was really fun being surrounded by people who are just as excited about LP as you are. But at the Paris show it was just too much. People were pushing so hard that a few girls had to be pulled out of the crowd because they were feeling unwell. I also had absolutely zero space to move around, couldn't even jump up and down. And then there were the people fighting around me and actually getting into a fight with me.

All in all it was just not a great experience and I was so pissed and sad after the show. It was my first real LP concert and I'd been looking forward to it for months, so to have it end like that was kind of awful. BUT I did have eye contact with Chester for several seconds which was kind of a surreal experience and it was absolutely amazing seeing them SO close!

Maybe.. but I'm probably not going to a show in France again. Not just because I'm scared of having an experience like that again, but also because it wasn't really fun not being able to talk to people before the show because most of the people around us barely spoke a word of English..

Yeah seating tickets don't really seem great either, but at least you can enjoy the show without all the fuss going on around you. I don't know what I'll do the next time. Maybe I'll try standing tickets again, because it was so amazing seeing them that close. I'm just a bit scared of having a bad experience again!

PeterG

PeterG 2007 Prague, 2014 Vienna LIVE

I would like GC/FOS position too, but I can't predict how I may react in overcrowded situation, at present.. I did well in the past, but as years are passing by, things change too (in general). So better to stay behind it, optim in the middle next to sound center :), with great outlook either and almost perfectly balanced sound coverage. My tip.

Peter