Top 5 Worst Songs on The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gibs, Oct 5, 2014.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

1. The Summoning - I usually don't dislike interludes but this one is quite annoying.
    2. Until It's Gone - This is not necessarily a terrible song, it's just not outstanding. It's kinda boring.
    3. Mark the Graves - I do see why many people love that song but it just won't grow on me. :hmm:
    4. War - Sure, this was a surprise when the album came out. A nice surprise, but no masterpiece. It just doesn't really work anymore after 4 months.
    5. Drawbar - No hate for Drawbar - I just prefer the other tracks that are left.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

1. The Summoning - Don't see the point of this interlude. I like interludes usually but mehh.
    2. War - Not really appealing to me. I like the song but it's not something I listen to often.
    3. Wastelands - Catchy but it lacks something.
    4. Until It's Gone - There are times I love this song and there are times I cringe when I hear it.
    5. Don't really have any problems with the other tracks.

To sum up, I don't hate any track. I like all of em.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

1. War - this song wasn't even novel when the album first dropped. It has to be one of the most forced Linkin Park songs I've ever heard. But it's not even that. The lyrics are so damn tactless and dull. It's the same message that god knows how many political bands have made songs about. And the lyrical content of the chorus (or lack thereof). Stop. This is the exact reason why Rebellion loses my interest after the novelty of Daron Malakian appearing on the track.

2. Drawbar - What is the point of even putting Tom Morello on this song? When people see that name, do they expect soft guitar arpeggios with piano? No, they expect things like freaking Killing in the Name's solo mostly. Besides that, I felt that they drew out this track too much. It wasn't a full-out instrumental, it was supposed to be a bridge between Mark the Graves and Final Masquerade.

3. Wastelands - I'm sorry Mike, I cannot, and do not think I ever will be able to get behind the line "A John with no Yoko". That has to be, in my opinion, the cheesiest and crappiest line on the album. Overall, I just felt like this song was rushed up until the bridge for some reason and felt a general incoherence between the verses and chorus. It needs something more. Maybe some other lyrics in the bridge? A better guitar intro? Maybe some Joe Hahn scratching or atmosphere? Maybe that's it. It sounded like it should've been an electronic-influenced song, maybe that's what I thought upon first listen. I just don't like the song in general.

4. The Summoning - Like Drawbar, it's a little too drawn out as just a bridge between songs. And the baseball game at the end? What the hell?

5. Rebellion - This is here simply because I like all the other songs too much to put them on this list. After Malakian does his guitar, the song becomes really boring, the entire chorus being them singing "Rebellionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn". Look, the song style doesn't match Malakian. Keep him off of it unless you intend you stay high-intensity the entire song, not for sections of it .

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Haven't heard this album since June.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

These top 5 or especially the top 5 worst songs lists for an album that has eleven true songs on it are kind of pointless imo. This would make more sense for an album that had more than 13 songs or so, but here goes (note that I really like this album, so I don't think any of the songs are truly bad):

1 being the worst, 5 being the "best" of the "worst:"

1. Until It's Gone
    2. Guilty All The Same
    3. War
    4. Wastelands
    5. Mark The Graves

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

1. The Summoning
    2. Mark The Graves
    3. A Line In The Sand
    4. Until It's Gone
    5. Drawbar

Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

3 of my favourite songs are on this list.
    Die.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

GIve this man a medle.
    :rofl:

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I'm hoping you mean Until It's Gone, Guilty All the Same, and Mark the Graves. Sincerely hoping.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

• Because they're bad:
    • "Final Masquerade"
    • "Until It's Gone"
    • "Wastelands"

• Because they aren't as good as the best tracks:
    • "All for Nothing"
    • "War"

Including "The Summoning" is pussying out, really. It's not a song.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

*eye twitches*

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol this.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Agree with everything here (except the fact War is one of the best songs of the year), but I would say the first 3 are okay, but I wish they weren't there.

Michele

The only song i could call really bad is Until Its Gone (its just boring after a whole time) and shortened just worse imo.

Wastelands --> Maybe typical Meteora, but damn it , so much energy live. --> Live >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Album
    War --> Its cool and i like this punk style, but there is something that disturb me a bit.

All other 8 ( - The Summoning) songs are really great and enjoyable in my opinion.

opazlevi

opazlevi Member

1. Mark the Graves
    2. A Line in the Sand
    3. Keys to the Kingdom
    4. All for Nothing
    5. Guilty All the Same

I always skip Mark the Graves. It's all over the place, and I get that's what they were going for but it feels like a chore to listen to. They could have done something different with it, like make it a Mike-verse Chester-chorus song like Wastelands. A Line in the Sand is right behind. I listen to it when it comes on but that's the only reason. It's uninteresting, boring even.. Takes too long to get to the point, and not worth the 6 minutes. But it does have a point, unlike Mark the Graves. Keys to the Kingdom was okay.. It feels too cheap, and the intro is eh. Also, Mike's lyrics are sub-par compared to the other songs. It just feels like it loses direction quickly. I like the concept of it but again, felt cheap.

These last two songs I actually like, but they're not as good as the rest of the songs. All For Nothing should have been with Chester. I don't mind featurings, but it had too much Paige Hamilton and not enough Linkin Park. I like him, just think it would've been more classic-LP if it had Chester. Guilty All the Same would be better without the long intro and without Rakim and with Mike. Nothing wrong with Rakim, I just wanted this album to feel more like Linkin Park than it does.

opazlevi

opazlevi Member

Drawbar is more of an "in between" track.. wouldn't really consider it a main one, just like the one before War.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

1. War
    2. The Summoning
    3. All For Nothing

Everything else I love.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Why people actually think Guilty All The Same would be better without the intro is beyond my comprehension. That intro is one of the most satisfying buildups in Linkin Park's ENTIRE discography to me. I'm not trying to single anyone out either, just in general I've heard a lot of hate for the intro which seems absurd to me.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah, hearing GATS for the first time on Shazzam was amazing. If they gave us UIG or FM, it wouldn't have had the same effect.

Michele

Yeah , the intro is amazing, especially live. You feel the "coming storm" who will rock the shit out of you. The way Brad kicks in the song is awesome. One of the best LP Intros ever.