November 22, 2014 - Manchester, England

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 22, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Time for England! Linkin Park finishes of their European tour with 3 back to back dates in England, and the first of these nights takes place in Manchester! The band are no strangers to Manchester, having performed here seven times earlier. three times in 2001, two times in 2003, 2008 and then in 2010.

At the September 15th show in 2001, the band brought back My December. The song hadn't been played since late 2000. That show also featured a new show intro being performed by Mr. Hahn. At the 2008 performance, there were plenty of noteworthy things. For Points of Authority, Mike rapped It's Going Down over the intro but the fans in the audience caused him to mess it up. He just laughed at it and hyped them up for the start of the song. Check that out here. This is one of the shows that were filmed for the live video of Given Up, and Mike even mentions that before they played In Pieces. Video of that will be below. On the intro of A Place For My Head someone distracted Brad by throwing things on stage, causing him to interupt the intro. Check out the performance of In Pieces here below.

[video=youtube;MHau6zKLq_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHau6zKLq_4[/video]
    "Hmm, let's just test if the guitar is on" - Brad

Last we caught up with Linkin Park, they ended their nine show German run in Bremen. The show featured a standard Set B but with a welcome change from Mike. He has mostly been rapping his two verses from Remember The Name over his medly on this tour, but at the Bremen show he switched it up and rapped verse one of High Voltage instead. This is the first time any version of High Voltage has been performed live since 2009. He switched it up because someone at the LPU Meet&Greet asked him too, so if you're going to one of those remember to put in your requests. Check out a video of the Mike Solo Medley and Lying From You here below.

[video=youtube;M1H0MZqV4hA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1H0MZqV4hA[/video]
    Please do this at the November 24th show. Please?

With only three shows left on the tour, what can we expect? Austin Carlile from "of Mice and Men" has been joining the band on stage for Faint on several shows on this tour. Can we expect him too come out on another song? Maybe someone from Linkin Park to come out in their set and play with them? Can we expect another verse to be added to the rap medley? Maybe a surprise song? You never know..

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members. Personally, I'll be at the show on the 24th in London.

After this show the band only has two more shows left on the tour with back to back nights in London on the 23rd and the 24th.

Are you going to any of these last three shows? Are you expecting a surprise in the set? Come and discuss in our forums.

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name hybrid verse)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint (Feat. Austin Carlile, Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    23. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1 Rap)
    26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

ben-jar-min

ben-jar-min New Member

Woooo

They were in Manchester in 2010 too - for the ATS tour xD :p I got a M+G then, didn't get one this time :'(. But I'm definitely going!! Will hopefully post some pics and videos :p

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

HIGHHH VOLTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on the whole song to be played again live though. ;(

Thanks for the surprise LP!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I'm going! Got a M+G pass too! It's going to be amazing!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Can't fucking wait!!!!!

JJ

Need this audio in my life right now...

ben-jar-min

ben-jar-min New Member

Last night was incredible!!! I don't think they're doing bootleg downloads anymore :'( correct me if I'm wrong.

JJ

No you're right but surely someone will have a 'fan' recorded MP3 somewhere?!?!

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Meet & Greet was great, finally got my guitar signed and the show was epic