Why does it take a few listens to like new LP music?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Pay-per-cut, Nov 16, 2014.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol idk, you tell me because I don't really have that same experience. ATS was a grower because it was so different from everything else, but my poor reaction hasn't changed towards LT nor has my positive reaction to THP. I guess I had to hear THP in full before I liked the the stuff I heard pre release, but I don't consider it a grower. I loved that album at first listen and still do.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

I read the comments that you guys experience this no matter the artist, but wouldn't you think that because Linkin Park is one of your favorite bands, you would love whatever they produce a lot easier? Especially because you understand the groups motives for the song and influences.

As for you enjoy specific tastes, I must have a lot of tastes because I don't really hate any song. For me, certain songs go to certain times in my life. Like how I am feeling that day, or what is going on in my life at the particular moment. I'm sure a lot of us don't listen to My December when it is not December haha.

I also see responses that you cannot enjoy music on the first listen, but how many of us enjoyed The Rising Tied on the first listen. 9 years later now, it's still an amazing listen.

Just recently, my least favorite song from the hunting party was Until it's Gone, it wasn't until they added it in their setlist on the Carnivores tour and listening to it multiple times was it listenable. It has to be in my top 5 THP songs now.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, of course. :)

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Excuse me, yes I do, I thoroughly enjoy the guitar harmonics mixed with the piano and scratches.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[video=youtube;3D5tkAUNFa4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5tkAUNFa4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Their music is well-mixed usually and it is layered in such a way that with time their music grows on you, like mold in a damp place.