LPA Monthly Mix-Up: November 2014: Winners

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Dec 8, 2014.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Last month, we challenged our awesome remix community by locking them into a theme where they had to remix any track in Linkin Park's repetoire into a Electro-House/Nu-Disco style. November's Monthly Mix-Up round turned out to be one of the most challenging ones to date for our remix community, and that challenge has brought out some truly great entries. We had a feeling from the outset that the quality of the remixes would be high and, eventually, we really did struggle to choose a winner. Here are the entries that we picked out:

Winner:

Intensity [DJIntensity]: "Final Masquerade" (Intensity Remix)

Last month, DJIntensity brought a great Depeche Mode-like homage to the table. This fun-filled, fast paced, glitchy "Final Masquerade" begs demands the listener to get up and shake their money-maker. The distorted guitar-like synth line that Intensity built this remix around makes this remix a little bit more inviting to those who aren't particularly a listener of this genre of music. This remix definitely deserves a (few) listens to fully appreciate the work that went into it. Great job this month, DJIntensity!

Runners Up:

Keeping true to the genre, DirtyBlup gave us this astounding instrumental that definitely kept us wanting more. This short-but-sweet take on "Given Up" keeps the listener's attention by commanding the driving beat with searing guitars, epic bass lines and some synth that wants to slap you square in the face. On a side note, I love how this sounds a bit like Rammstein at parts.

Decay: "Disorder"

Decay's profanity-laden take on "War" gives an alternate take to a song whose original was the opposite of what this genre stood for. Decay somehow turns this take-no-prisoners punk song into this sample-happy remix that is fun, uneasy and sometimes funny.

Xefusion brought this "bouncy" take on "Until It's Gone" last month. This "Futuristic" remix leads the listener through a sonic landscape filled with an awesome array of tone in the tom-tom drums, great build ups and ever-so-chill bass driven beats.

Congratulations to the November MMU winners and thank-you to all of you who entered! We'll be taking a break from the MMU for December, but, you can expect the MMU to return in early 2015!

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Muchos gracias! Congrats to the winner and the other runner ups, 'twas a very strong month!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Congrats, everyone! Looking forward to 2015's first MMU in Jan!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

By the way, your remix at 2:02 had me laughing uncontrollably.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'LL END YOU!

Congrats to the winners and runner ups.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Grats! Hopefully next time we do something it'll be in a genre I can do. :)

It'd be interesting to do orchestral, or just a general free-for-all. Perhaps a free-for-all limited to a particular album or something.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

Thank you! And congratulations to my pals :D

DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I had fun with that remix. Glad everyone picked up on the Enjoy The Silence reference.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Looks like my remix was..... All For Nothing

:kappa:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wrong round, buddy. :p