Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Dec 8, 2014.

?

Should we continue writing descriptions for the winners of the MMU?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2014.
  1. Yes. I enjoy reading them.

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No. I don't really care for them.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Hello. We were wondering if you guys enjoy reading the descriptions of the MMU winners each month. Should we continue moving forward with writing descriptions of why we chose the winning tracks, or would you rather just have us make a post listing the winners? Please participate in the poll and in the comments, let us know why either way. Also, if you chose the option with keeping the descriptions, should we (a) include descriptions for just the winner, (b) include descriptions for the winner and runner ups or (c) include descriptions for the winner, runner ups and the honorable mentions(current layout). Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time out to help us out with this. Thank you.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think it'd be nice to know why the tracks are chosen, and that includes runners up as well.

Though, I do have a suggestion that is extremely unlikely to be applied. :lol:

1. let the regular people who winning track vote on it. Multiply each vote by a certain agreed upon number such as 1.5 or 3.
    2. Allow all other forum members to vote as well.
    3. Add these votes and the member with the highest amount of votes wins.

This allows for the regular voters to have a more definitive say while also allowing regular members to actively take part in the voting cycle.

For example:

special mod/member voters vote

4 votes for A
    5 votes for B
    6 votes for C.
    etc.etc...

now regular voters

6 for A.
    14 for B.
    5 for C.

If you multiply only the special mod members vote by 3 there is

12 for A
    15 for B
    18 for C.

Now add the regular forum member votes to this but don't multiple anything

The final score'll be

18 for A.
    29 for B.
    23 for C.

As you can see, the special mod/member vote means more than the normal member vote yet the normal member vote still affects the outcome. Regularly C would have won with the mod/member vote but now B has won due to regular members voting as well. This can take some of the stress off of the mod/member votes and also help bring more interactivity to the cycle.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you for the feedback, Jesse. We are currently looking for ways to expand our judging system and appreciate your suggestion.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I disagree with Jesse's post just because not many regular members would listen through 20/30+ remixes each month, so it wouldn't be fair. Also, say there's a remixer who's really famous and someone who's really hated, everyone will vote for the famous one even though it's possible, however unlikely, the hated one has the better remix this month. This would also open the door to "please vote for me" PMs and so on. So in short, no from me to that idea.

As for why someone won - it should definitely be there. It also kinda sucks there's no post with all the remixes for each month anymore. I'd be open to doing this, btw.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I would do it , because i like all the remixes that are happening here , but as long i dont fix my Sound problem , i am not able to :/

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i totally like the description, and i think you're doing good at trying to improve the voting/MMU process. It'll definitely bring something fresh

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

It should always have descriptions. It's boring when it's just a list. I love reading the descriptions.