Too soft?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by linkindrummerboy, Feb 8, 2004.

After listening to the album so many times. I have been thinking that 1 or 2 songs in Meteora do not sound like Linkin Park apart from Mike's rapping. If you look at Easier To Run, it sounds to calm. What about you?? Post your viewshere.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

What do you mean by "doesn't sound like Linkin Park"? It was Linkin Park, so therefore it has to sound like Linkin Park. It's just a more mature sound...

ForeverDelayed

ForeverDelayed Member

I agree with Neil.
    And I think its good that they dont sound the same all the time..

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Well, I'd rather different songs than everything sounding the same. Give the guys a chance to evolve instead of limiting everything to the exact sound.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Unless they're gonna follow limpbizkit's evolution from Significant Other to RMV.

Awful. :lol:

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! (w00t)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I think all of them sound "Like Linkin Park." Easier to Run is not a soft song. Maybe the verses are but have u heard the chorus? I like Meteora in that the band extends their type of samples but still maintains their "traditional sound"

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I don't think it's too soft at all. I just want a little more variety with the song structure, length, or number of songs. That's all I really care about. "Soft" to me is like My December. But I listen to other stuff way softer than that. Now Enya, that's soft.

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

It sounds too calm and that's way I like it! It's great! :joe:

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

ok so you think easier to run is too soft, what about my december?
    linkin park do occasionaly like the mellow there songs down, whats the point in ahaving the same structure on every song?......... its boring
    I like the fact that they change the mood of songs, i dont know what you complaining about :mellow:

FiGuRe#8

FiGuRe#8 Well-Known Member

I was thinking just the same!!!! :p

numbfuse

numbfuse Well-Known Member

ETR is one of the best songs on the album and it adds more diversity to Meteora.

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

usually a band progress depended much on how long it has been in the music scene... (usually...) now that they've been there for almost 3 years, they are supposed to bring their music into new landscape... ('though not necessary!) '"the journey" so far, i say, must be pretty is inspiring for them...

and it's actually good to know that they're not afraid of putting their music into the new level... putting the new vibe in the new album... (Meteora sounded more towards the 'rock' vibe rather than 'hip-hop' bounce heard on HT... personally, i think...)

and it's good to know that people, despite of their "radical-side", actually have the "calm-nature" on his/her insides... well, whatever u named it... so, i guess it's not legal!

the sound is maturing but it's the same old Linkin Park... (so i feel!!...)

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

never heared a disappointing song of them
    now maybe forword but still its cool
    LP had their own style
    their goal is to change music instrument or way of playing
    but keep it sound LP their identity stays and thats also great about them

LPBBBFan

LPBBBFan New Member

well...the first time i listened to Hybrid i found that it was alot different and Mike's rapping combined with Chester's voice and the "hardness" of the music fitted perfect. Although i can see your point when you think that Meteora was alot softer with the japanese theme of Nobody's Listening and Easier to Run is soft too. But as Chester said, " If we f*** up on the second album, we'll make up for it on the third." So i guess it's a win win situation. :D

Hybrid Element

Hybrid Element Member

People say that Meteora is too much like Hybrid Theory. In my opinion it is completely different, yes it does have it's similarities and those are basicly what make Linkin Park, Linkin Park. I listen to Meteora alot more than Hybrid Theory but I still listen to it occasionally. I guess you could say it was kind of a case of Out with the old and In with the new but not completely out with the old if you're catching on:D

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

I think maybe they reached a subject they described so well they didn't feel they needed Chester to scream it.
    Though I think he should have. :mike:
    Meteora doesn't sound like Hybrid Theory too much. It has some new elements and some developed elements of their sound.

CoMpLeTe INsaNiTy

CoMpLeTe INsaNiTy Member

I think some of the songs on meteora are to soft. like 'easier to run'.
    i just HATE that song. dont know why. :rolleyes:

warrust

warrust Well-Known Member

It was kinds of like my favourite one in Meteora now.
    When i first heard it, i was like "What the F***?" coz it was like that i was not the "one step closer" style...
    I love numb coz it's pretty soft, i thought that i can never hear a song that has such a pessimistic view, before i heard ETR.
    It was the best one in Meteora...(Well...Apart from Numb & LFY)... :D

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I don't know what's the big deal with meteora... why everybody is so surprised with the way it sounds? I think it's just the normal evolution; Hybrid Theory was a debut album, reanimation was, in my opinion, an experimental album so mix both together, add maturity and the logical result is Meteora!

And I don't think it's too soft: they just reached a point where screaming isn't the only option to let the 'main feeling' of the song being heard...