Darker Than Blood To Premiere April 13th

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Apr 10, 2015.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The song as a whole is pretty boring, it's nothing more than an average EDM song. Nothing special is to be found here.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I think ALTNC sounds like LP in New Divide mode (normal length song, catchy chorus, etc), mixed with some Aoki instrumentals. This song sounds like LP in Mark The Graves mode (really long song, not really catchy, artsy lyrics, maybe more comparable to Robot Boy [which I like infinitely more than MTG]), with only Aoki instrumentals. There's nothing dynamic about the song. It sounds darker than ALTNC, which I like, but there's just nothing going on. It needs a cool bridge or a rap verse or a scream or at least a different drop somewhere in there. It feels like there is big potential in an LP/Aoki collab, they just missed it here. I wanna hear LP going for something epic and huge like The Catalyst or ALITS, with some Aoki instrumentation on top. Imagine the Catalyst, with the second instrumental break after "where oceans bleed into the sky" with a huge Aoki drop. That could be cool (but not better than the masterpiece the Catalyst already is).

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Yup, this is an Aoki song featuring LP vocals. And I don't mind, really! Chester's vocals near the end were the best part of the whole song.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

While ALTNC giveme a good mood and make me wanting to jump and dance , this song .... dunno :lol: Its cool thought, bu there is something i dont like about Darker Than Blood. (EDM genius out. :kappa: )

And this.!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester's end vocals and the intensity of the final minute is great. It's just a shame the whole track couldn't match that final part.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yeah, the only good things about it are the vocals at the end and the pretty catchy chorus. The rest is just meh.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Who's ready for a full LP EDM album? I can't wait!!! Love this song

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I liked it. I don't know what you people expected.

The vocals are honestly the worst part.

And yeah, it's standard as shit, but still good.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. I actually prefer this one over ALTNC.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Even though Steve said in an interview that Neon Future 2 would be darker and less radio-friendly, I still expected something more radio friendly than this. The really long instrumental sections surprised (and bored) me. Also, I was expected something a little more aggressive, instrumentally and vocally. Even Mike's raps in ALTNC have more punch than most of this song (and his delivery on that song is really soft compared to others). I don't know why, I just expected it with all the talk about darkness, and since ALTNC already feels pretty light (for LP at least).

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I for one didn't expect much and my expectations were met. That's it.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Wow. I fuckin love this. The production of this track is top notch. The beats and instrumentation are amazing and tasty. I take my hat off to you, Mr. Aoki. The man is such a genius for creating this masterpiece.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

This song overall is very solid. At first the previews didn't have me too excited and upon my first listen I wasn't impressed at all. But it has grown on me.

The lyrics are very good (especially in that first verse). That first verse probably the best part of the song and I wish the whole song would have fit the mood of the first verse. The drop is pretty generic, but still good. It could have been so much worse (like the drops from the live version).

My only complaints are that the bridge should have been fleshed out more. Feels like it cuts out way too soon. Also the I feel like the oh's should have been replaced with actual lyrics, even it was just one new line repeated. The oh's just seem lazy to me.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of EDM, so naturally I didn't expect much. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I liked this track much more than I thought I would, it's very moody and dark, the title is very fitting. The lyrics are great, Chester sounds great, the only thing that threw me off was Mike's random "ahhs", I actually laughed during that part. I listened to ALTNC only a handful of times, it's a track I found fun, but ultimately forgettable. Here, I can definitely see myself coming back to this track every now and then. My only complaint is the ending sounds a little abrupt or anticlimatic, but I feel that's just me nitpicking on an otherwise surprisingly good song.

Also, that cover art is hilarious.

Zain

Zain Well-Known Member

For me, the chorus is catchy as fuck. The rest of the song on the other hand is pretty forgettable though :/

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

WOW! This song is so.......Meh!

ALTNC beats this shit out BIG TIME!

RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

That song and video is still dope! :CUMULUS:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I always loved We Made It. I thought it was awesome on Madden 09 before I knew who LP was :rofl:

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I like to turn off my brain when EDM kicks in and let my body take over. Whereas "A Light That Never Comes" came off as very 'try-hard' for me, "Darker Than Blood" seems like a far more natural edm-centric track. Good beat with a darker edge to it. I like.

[​IMG]