LPU chat with Phoenix on VyRT - May 23rd

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 22, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Phoenix will be hosting a LPU chat over on the LPU VyRT channel on Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 at 9:15 pm CT.

In the chat you can ask Phoenix questions about their current tour, their upcoming China tour, what it was like recording The Hunting Party, what is going on with Fort Minor, how is A Line In The Sand to play live, is Brad playing at the show or whatever question you can think of.

This chat is exclusive to LPU members, and if you're not a member you can join right here.
    If you're a LPU member, you can find out here how to get access to the LPU VyRT room.

Will you attend the chat? What questions do you have for Phoenix? Come and discuss in our forums.

Source: Linkin Park Facebook

*EDIT:* Due to complications with the weather there was no video for this chat, so instead Phoenix responded to questions via text from his phone. Some of the more interesting bits below:

Phoenix - "Currently close to the venue, hoping the weather calms down so they can play the show."

LPU: "Who is your favorite bass player?"
    Phoenix: "Favorite bass player is prob McCartney!"

LPU: "What's your favourite song to play live right now? (Mine's A Line In The Sand)"
    Phoenix: "A Line in the Sand is my favorite live song right now... Always fun playing new stuf"

Phoenix - "Brad is back in action! Chillin' with him right now :)"

LPU: "Favorite music genre?"
    Phoenix: "I've never been a genre guy... I actually think genres are only helpful in a store setting"

LPU: "How long do you rehearse a new song before playing it live?"
    Phoenix: "Depends on the song. We try to all come to rehearsal knowing the new song, and then figuring out The arrangement. But different songs are more challenging to figure out how to play live for example, Blackout was a bit of a monster!"

LPU: "Batman or superman?"
    Phoenix: "Batman for sure. So much cooler. But Superman would win in a fight, no contest"

LPU: "What do you think of Jared being the new Joker?"
    Phoenix: "I think it's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it!"

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Thanks for the post, Kevin. Now get some damn sleep!

I find Dave's comment on music genres interesting. And I'd have to agree with him.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Ironic how Phoenix says playing new stuff is fun, when the band is barely playing any new stuff.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I feel really bad for LPU members.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

+ 1

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That must be why it's fun, because they do it so rarely :p

Personally, I love having genre tags in my media library and being able to use genre names as descriptors when talking about music styles :shrug:

On the downside, yes, pigeon-holing can happen and it's a fine line.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Agreed. If that's really the most interesting information in the chat then that's pretty disappointing.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

That was the LPU chat? Wow.

But thanks for staying up, Kevin :)

Brendan

Brendan Well-Known Member

Well you shouldn't becuase over the past few weeks they have releasd about 5 making of the hunting party videos that we only got to see!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Hate to burst your bubble but I saw all of those aswell.

:pirate:

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

LPU would be such a failure if they didn't offer M&G and early entry.

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

I would love for you guys to give me feedback instead of making comments like this. Opinions aside, I've said this before, you can send me all feedback and suggestions on how to make the LPU better here: [email protected]

If you are going to criticize be constructive.

I have always taken your feedback seriously.

-Lorenzo

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

Yes you got to see the videos AFTER LPU got them first. Happy you liked them!

-Lorenzo

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

Due to the weather in the area we had to switch to text only. Not ideal, but we did not want to cancel the chat. More chats coming every month. Video for the next one!

-Lorenzo

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's absolutely embarrassing how rude one or two of you guys were in this thread. I hope you realize that LPU staff are constantly checking out the LPA and that they're normal people with jobs, just like all of you. Would you be happy if you put countless hours into a project at work only to have others call it a failure or a joke? I'm pretty sure you'd feel slapped in the face reading that.

Not only do I feel it's wrong to be so rude like that when there are far nicer ways to voice your opinion, but I also highly disagree with everyone's assessment of the current LPU. It certainly had its share of issues in the past, but Lorenzo has made huge strides towards trying to make the whole experience better. They've experimented with different ways to do the M&Gs, worked hard to get more videos to the LPU first (before they're leaked elsewhere), and tried to increase the frequency in which the band member chats occur. Not only that, they still manage to put out a cd of music every year, even though it's really not cost effective to do that with how quickly the exclusives get leaked online after they're released. You want to find someone to blame for LPU's "exclusives" not really being exclusives? Blame the people who leak the videos and mp3s instead of keeping them within the fanclub. Don't point the fingers at the fan club when there's nothing they can do about it.

Seriously, you have issues with the LPU? Voice your opinions constructively. Don't basically call the club a failure if it didn't have M&Gs. That's just rude.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

My only problem with the LPU is the fact, that i cant join, because of the payment methode. Would be cool if it would work with bank transfer.
    I dont have Paypal and dont want to make an account just to register there. Dont like this online payment methode.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Just to be clear, my comment doesn't reflect my overall feelings on the LPU. I've been part of the LPU for a few months now and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it yet. I'll give it some more thought and make a post about it in the LPU thread that Minuteforce made.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I think the point being made here isn't made to attack the LPU, but rather the chats; they aren't as informative as they once were. I know how redundant the questions can get in the chats, but when 50 people are asking you if you'll be playing a certain song live, it seems a tad more thrilling to hear one of the band members just straight up say no instead of responding to something pointless.

That aside, I don't think there is much to argue for. We are getting the making of THP videos (which I'm gonna guess is part of that LPU survey we did months back), LPU albums, and of course the M&G/Early Entry which I certainly take advantage of. The forum I see as being optional, but regardless, personally I see no complaints to be shown. You're either in or not, that simple and I'm sure most of us know what we are in for.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yeah, I thought the replies from Dave seemed to be a bit too small-talkish. Criticisms are allowed now, aren't they? Probably should've written my own instead, that was properly phrased. As far as LPU goes, I like that site. I've had a free trial and I thought it was pretty great. The thing is Linkin Park has plenty of fans outside of the regions they can regularly play in. So, LPU doesn't seem as impressive to such people. And besides, Linkin Park fans whine about a lot of things so its not that the LPU is bad, we just complain about everything and have high expectations.

And I disagree with Filip on LPUTVs, that's a not a valid point at all, just means you're a cheap person. I would definitely join LPU once I can afford to have my own credit cards and such, ha. I don't really think its that expensive. I've looked at some of the merch and thought "wow, that's expensive" but I think basically LPU's worth it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To be honest, you're probably not going to get massively informative answers from the band unless you read an interview. It's nothing against the band members as a whole, but when the majority of people who are paying to chat with the band feel it's worth their money to ask 'WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO MY COUNTRY' or what Dave's favorite color, or shoe brand is...the band's not going to really have much of a selection of great questions to choose from on the fly. Especially when they're fitting a chat into their already packed schedule and trying their hardest to read a flooding chat and answer as many of the questions as humanly possible. When that happens, it's difficult to give lengthy answers to what are basically silly or rather simple questions. LPU chats were better 'back in the day' only because the the fanclub was smaller. As the LPU grows, so does the strains on the current modus operandi.