Official 'Game of Thrones' Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Apr 12, 2015.

1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I thought it looked like Arya was warging. Her, Jon, and the white walkers are the only interest I have for next season. And for someone that rhymes with Shady Bonefart.

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Shady Bonefart?

Ramsey Bolton?

3. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

^ :lol:

I was looking forward to Cersei's atonement scene however I found the bitch chanting "shame" repeatedly really distracting and it ruined the scene for me. Made me laugh at the clear use of a body double in the scene too. Anyway, I hope Cersei fucks them all up.

4. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'm seeing a lot of hate for Olly online. SPOILER: Why? The kid didn't organize anything. He just had the final strike, for which he, of all the "rebels", had the most reason. Jon saved the people who killed his entire village. You can't expect Olly to like that or understand that. He felt betrayed, and what he did was understandable.

5. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^I don't give a shit. The mutineers are closed-minded cold-hearted cunts.

6. Shmoanator

Shmoanator I put the pennies on the eyes.

I understand why Olly's upset. I understand where he's coming from. I didn't expect him to like the idea of helping the Wildlings; he was understandably upset with them. That doesn't justify what he did to Jon for looking at the big picture and acting to protect the realm as a whole instead of the feelings of one kid.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  7. lime treacle

The atonement was filmed in Dubrovnik. I hadn't thought of that. That's what all the pointless trouble with "a naked woman coming out of a church" was for.

8. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Can we get an admin to change the title of this thread to reflect that we're going to use it for Game of Thrones discussion as a whole and not just for season five? I think that'd be a good idea. There'll be some people who might want to discuss season five but who might be confused if there's a season six thread already, which I was about to make. But I figured I'd ask this first.

Anyway, Watchers on the Wall have revealed some casting rumors, thanks to a "reliable source" of theirs. I'm going to copy the descriptions from the list here, and maybe talk about who I think the characters are, but I'm going to use the [noparse][/noparse] tag to hide the list so no one has anything about season six spoiled for them, assuming this casting list is accurate. Anyway...

Qhogo and Akrat: "They're seeking mixed ethnicity or other non-white actors for the roles. The successful young warriors need to be tall, confident, with swagger and linguistic bravado. It's noted that the actors will have to speak in a fictional language. I think it's safe to say that these are Dothraki."

— I'm not sure who either of these supposed Dothraki are; it's likely that they've been invented for the show. In the books, it's Khal Jhaqo's khalasar that finds Dany wandering in the wilderness. It seems like the showrunners might change that, unless Qhogo and Akrat are just members of Khal Jhaqo's khalasar and they're planning to bring back the actor who portrayed Khal Jhaqo in season one, which is unlikely, I think.

Bower: "He is a powerless servant, numb to the horror he serves. He's filming around one of the days that below 'outlaw band' members are so he may be connected to them. He is required to have a Northern or Midland English accent and appears in one episode."

Lachlan: "He's the big leader of a group of renegades who have turned on the land that they swore to protect. They're now extorting the poor and vulnerable. He appears in 2 episodes in season 6."

Flynn: "He's part of an outlaw band. The group is using religion to justify terrorizing and extorting what they need from the people of the countryside. He appears in 2 episodes in season 6. He appears to be part of Lachlan's band."

Japeth: "Another member of the outlaw band is this lieutenant. He's a 'rough-and-ready type' with a strong physical presence, also appearing in two episodes."

— I've got no idea who any of these people are supposed to be, so I'm assuming they're characters either invented for the show, or they're from The Winds of Winter. I'm holding out hope that they're really a part of the Brotherhood without Banners, and that Lady Stoneheart will be involved, but at this point, that's really not likely to happen.

Legendary Fighter: "A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a hugely famous sword on his back. The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn't specified, unlike many other roles."

— It's highly likely that this character is Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, and a famous member of the Kingsguard of Aerys Targaryen. He was known for carrying Dawn, an ancestral greatsword of House Dayne. Assuming this is correct, the role will be for a flashback, as Ser Arthur died at the end of Robert's Rebellion, when Ned Stark and his companions found Ser Arthur and two other Kingsguardsmen around Lyanna Stark in the Tower of Joy; the only men to survive the fight were Ned and one of his closest friends, Howland Reed. The popular fan theory is that the Kingsguardsmen were guarding Lyanna because she was pregnant with Rhaegar Targaryen's son, the heir to the throne, who many theorize is actually Jon Snow.

Lord of Noble Northern House: "(Casting age anywhere between 25-30) The lord is a savage warrior, and he rules a distinguished house in the very far North, and the role is said to be an impactful one. He's described as a massive bear of a man with a beard and temper to match, and hatred that can run deep, and he can be violent. The show's looking for someone with a powerful physique who can tower over other cast members, a Northern English Accent and specifies he has to be at least 180cm tall. The role will be on 2 episodes."

— This sounds an awful lot like the Greatjon to me, the Lord of House Umber. It seems like the showrunners are looking to recast the role. When last seen in the show, the Greatjon was liberating the Riverlands from Lannister bannermen; in the books, he's held captive at the Twins to prevent House Umber from rising against the Lannisters or the Iron Throne.

Lord of a Northern Stronghold: "The show's looking for an actor in his late thirties or forties to play another lord, one that's ruthless and calculating. The frightening lord rules a vassal household with a castle stronghold. He'll be in 3 episodes this year, with 20 days of filming this summer and fall."

— I'm hoping this is Lord Wyman Manderly, but other fans are speculating it's Howland Reed or Galbart Glover.

Hunter: "He's a rough army officer on the hunt appearing in an action scene with main cast, in one episode."

Submissive Maester: "The show's casting a maester in his twenties- a timid young maester. He's decent but has trouble standing up to others. He appears in one episode in season 6."

Green Recruit: "A young man with one line and one day of filming in August."

Sympathizer 1, 2 & 3: "These are rough military types, with a day of filming."

Housemaid: "She's the motherly nanny (with a tight whip) to a large household. The show wants an actress between the ages of 45-65 with a Northern English Accent. She'll be in 2 episodes."

Father: "He's tough and old, an alpha male patriarch. The show is looking for a man with a Northern English Accent. He appears in one episode and has 2 lines."

— I don't know who any of these characters could be. I've got no speculation to offer.

9. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

^ Thread title changed.

10. Will

Thanks, Ree. That should make things easier. I'd even suggest merging this thread with the previous season four thread but I don't remember how merging works and whether or not it would break our discussions.

11. lime treacle

[​IMG]

12. Will

Watchers on the Wall have revealed that Ian McShane (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) has been cast for season six. According to Entertainment Weekly, McShane "has a relatively small amount of screen-time during the season, yet his character is of key importance."

There are already plenty of rumors regarding who McShane's playing, and my bet's on Randall Tarly, Sam's father, but others are speculating he could even be playing Euron Greyjoy, the Crow's Eye, but if he's got a small amount of screen-time, then playing the Crow's Eye doesn't make any sense.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  13. lime treacle

I'm annoyed by these questions in QuizUp: "What House did Walder Frey betray?" "What did Robb Stark do which ultimately caused Walder Frey to betray him?"

Bullshit. Stark betrayed Frey, not the other way around. And Walder Frey acted very intelligently (ruthlessly and horribly, yes, but intelligently) for a lord in war.

14. Will

Are you kidding me...?

Even though Robb betrayed the Freys by breaking the Frey-Stark marriage pact, the Freys also betrayed the Starks and the North and, to a lesser extent, the Tullys and the Riverlands by ignoring the laws of guest right and murdering the Stark host at the Twins. Robb thought Walder Frey had gotten past his own betrayal when they made the secondary marriage pact. That's where Frey's betrayal comes in. To say the Freys didn't betray them is completely asinine.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  15. lime treacle

Yeah... I suppose I cannot argue with that. I think what annoys me, though, is the focus being shifted completely to what Frey did when Stark was the first one to betray, indirectly causing what eventually happened.

16. Will

That's because Martin's set up the Starks (all of them) to be the heroes of his series whether he meant to or not.

17. Will

Max von Sydow has been cast as the Three-Eyed Raven for season six, replacing Struan Rodger in the role.

18. Will

David Bradley (Harry Potter) has confirmed Walder Frey will be returning to Game of Thrones at some point, but refused to give specifics on when. So he'll either appear in season six or he won't, but we'll see him again at some point eventually.

19. Will

POSSIBLE BOOK SPOILERS but also season six speculative news.

Watchers on the Wall reports sightings of Rory McCann (Hot Fuzz) in Belfast. They deduce he's there to film scenes as Sandor Clegane, apparently because there's no other reason he could possibly be in Belfast. He's also staying in a hotel the cast is staying at, lending some weight to the deduction.

#Cleganebowl #GetHype

20. lime treacle

Nice. The character is more enjoyable in the books, I've found, but I like Bradley's portrayal and I'm interested to see what storyline Frey shall be involved with.