Fort Minor's Welcome 360 Degree Music Video Officially Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jun 22, 2015.

Tags:
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Dope video.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Mind = Blown.
    Actually made me appreciate the song a lot more.

mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

this is such an awesome video,visually,technically great job Mike :popcorn: its a feel-good clip :rastamike: hope its gone viral

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

So Dolphin works too? I hate how Google limits all the cool features to it's own browser... The other browsers with html5 support should be able to handle that, too.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I like the video so much. Such a feel-good video and the song adds so well to the vibe. All said and done, Mike is easily among the people I admire the most. So much talent.

JonasTheRoman

Must be absolutely dope in Virtual Reality. Anyone here actually tried it out?

CZGroove

CZGroove Member

yep, tried it with my Google Cardboard. Its really amazaing .. definitely reccomending getting Cardboard since you can get them really cheap

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Really nice video, also puts the song kind of into perspective. And I really like the vinyl-mural!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Wow, that was amazing. :awesome:

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

thanks for the video. defintly a good day today

Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

this is so cool!
    but...how does it work on the mobile app? i don't understand where is the difference?

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

That was honestly one of the coolest music videos I've ever seen. The part where Mike was playing all the instruments was awesome. I already really like the song, but this made me appreciate it even more. I want more music artists to make MVs like this, it really is a whole other experience. I hope this single is successful for Mike, and I hope he considers doing more FM material in the future.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

the video looks awesome in 4 k resolution. love the video! also love the grafitty style art it reminds me of 2005. this song on repeat!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

mikes awsm!!!!......lorenzo nd ryu's cameo....mike played drums nd did amzng art....hell yeah!!!!........the only thng for which im sad is that the song doesn't have heavy beats like the old fort minor do.......everytngs supercool

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

It seems like I'm the only one here that's not impressed with any of this... Is this song/video THAT good, or is it because it's the first thing that we got from Fort Minor in a decade?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's not Google's fauthe of other browsers can't run the code. That's like blaming Microsoft for not letting the X-Bone run PS4 games.

JonasTheRoman

Well, I thought it would be that way: The player is html5-based, so every browser supporting all needed html5 standards should be capable of running it and every feature it offers. However Google enables certain features only for Chrome to give it a status of exclusivity. Evidence for that was for me that there are several browsers out there using Chrome's engine (Opera, Maxthon, Iron, Vivaldi, ...) which still don't offer certain features of the Youtube player Chrome offers, regardless of using the same engine.

But I am no programmer, so it might as well be like you said, if you know better than me.

Going totally off-topic, sorry for that!

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

The song is average, but the video however is pretty cool and has a very positive-vibe.
    I just love Mike and since everything that we see/hear is connected to/made by him, I can't help but smile.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Ay...How to 360noscope?
    Doesn't work with my phone.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The issue is while almost all browsers are HTML5 (and other protocols, like HTML4 or XHTML) compliant to a certain degree, not all of them are EQUALLY compliant.

Chrome is by far the most compliant of the major browsers, scoring a 100/100 on the Acid3 test and 526/555 on HTML5. Firefox, the next highest in the rung, scores a 97/100 (100/100 after removing SVG Fonts) on Acid3 with a 467/555 on HTML5. IE tops out at 95/100 and a dismal 336/555 on HTML5. NOTE: I left out Opera as I could not find an Acid3 test result for it, although it scored almost as high as Chrome with 519/555 on the HTML5 standards test.

In order to get this technology to work on all other platforms, INCLUDING Chrome-variants like Opera, the team involved would need to code around the compliance-issues that gave all those browsers lower scores than Chrome.