Why does Meteora get so much hate?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Queef, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Queef

Queef Banned

I mean just from this website forum, seems like most of you hate meteora

its their most cohesive album after a thousand suns
    breaking the habit is on there
    faint is on there
    easier to run is on there
    numb is on there
    better sound design than a thousand suns, living thing and the hunting party

its full of classics, do people just hate on it because their trying to make new linkin park look better than it is? or because they hate don gilmore (who is responsible for linkin parks mainstream sucess) I bet loads of people would love meteora if lp stuck to that style.

plus linkin park tried to sound like meteora again when they made living thing, so even the band must like it more than most of you

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Because it deserved it.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Here we go again!

Queef

Queef Banned

please nobody start argusing this time or i will start reporting

this is my opinion so please respect it and each other, thank you

Michele

Because it has whiny lyrics and its really depressing. Also its almost a 1 to 1 copy of Hybrid Theory, just in more whiney and bad. Sure, it has some good songs. But i am 20 and dont want to hear this depressing lyrics in their new material.

And Nu-Metal isnt that cool though...

Queef

Queef Banned

almost all linkin park fans loved meteora when it came out, now people hate it after a thousand suns, is it because the band turned their back on that sound and people are just copying them??

Michele

Well, i loved Meteora too when i was 14/15. Isnt bad. But its nothing special after Hybrid Theory. A Thousand Suns just turned their music about 180°. It shocked me the first time i listened to it. In a positive way. I cant say anything about the earlie days of LP, i started to listen to them in 2009. But now, i definitely feel that Meteora is a good album, but nothing special. Just a similar copy of HT with depressing lyrics. You can really see how that appeal to teenagers. Anger and angst, a perfect combi for the 14/15 years old boy who hates the world and everything.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Jeez dude, just search the forums, there's so many threads on this topic.

Also the band weren't as into the album as you think. They were under a lot of pressure for Meteora. Chester and Mike had little time to write the lyrics. Just watch the making of Meteora. Why do you think Linkin Park changed their sound? Because they got burnt out. And they had a lot of fun making BTH which was different and that's why they followed up with different ideas.

And a lot of the band members were not happy with "nu-metal" label. Wasn't it Chester who said “you can shove nu-metal up your ass” ? Just read interviews from that era, man.

The lyrics on Meteora suck, there's not a lot of variety on the album, its pretty much just like HT, every other LP album trumps it in some way.

Also dude, when you clearly don't respect other people's opinions, why'd you keep making discussion threads?

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Personally, I don't hate the album as much as other users on this forum, but I understand the hate. People dislike it so much because it's such a rehash of what was seen on Hybrid Theory. Rather than do something a bit different, the band opted to go the more safe route, and make something familiar. Futhermore, the lyrics were dumbed down ever further than they where on Hybrid Theory, and the instrumentation itself is just kinda bland. I like some of the songs (Lying from You, Session, Breaking the Habit), but then there's tracks like Don't Stay, Numb, Somewhere I Belong and Nobody's Listening that really brings down the experience.

Even so, there's two things you just don't seem to get.

1) Not everyone on this forum is going to be a Linkin Park fan. A lot of us grew up listening to Linkin Park, but our music tastes have since grown. I know I stay for the community on this forum, not the LP chat, and I'm sure the same goes for other users.

2) Not everyone is going to like Hybrid Theory or Meteora since LP has such a big and diverse catalog. A lot of people began liking Linkin Park on an album such as Minutes to Midnight, but didn't like anything that came before. Linkin Park can attract multiple different music tastes. Their diversity is the reason they're even still relevant.

Queef

Queef Banned

wheres your evidence??

more lies from haters, im free to state my opinions and you cant stop me

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Because no one can face the fact that it's the best (and their favorite) LP album

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

...yet.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

When Erica stated about his opinion on your previous thread,and you asked him if someone shot his ears off.

Well, about the band's stance on their earlier sound, I suggest you to visit this page http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Music/LinkinPark. This page surprisingly has more trivia and less popular fact about the band, including their journey of creating sounds.

Queef

Queef Banned

oh yeah that was after he said 'don gilmores production sucks donkey dick'

whos the disrespectful one? live by the sword die by the sword, you can only say someones work sucks if you can top it

anyway lets get back on topic and stop throwing hate at people, be respectful to each other please thank you

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Speaking by that logic, you're not allowed to disrespect THP because you haven't topped it yet. :rolleyes:

And also "haters"? Do you really think we're all out to get you, man? Jeez.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Not yet,bud.
    So basically you have no right to say THP sucks? Nor you have any to say that the "Hands Held High" demo sounds like garbage?

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Just read literally any interview with the band regarding Meteora or their decision to change style. You'll see why. Aside from lyricism, there isn't that much wrong with the album taken independently of the rest of their work, it's just that once you look at the album in the context of when it was made, it pales creatively. It's the only album that the band has written so far that offers very few new ideas to previous albums. I actually quite like it, I probably listen to it and HT an equal amount, so the quality of the music isn't really an issue (for me, obviously some would disagree), it's just that it offers very few surprises. Every song on the album could have fit on HT. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, but the reason why most of us love the band is because they can master so many different styles, and Meteora is the only album where they didn't do that. Doesn't make it a bad album, it's just against some very tough competition.

And LT is trying to sound like Meteora? :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Queef

Queef Banned

thats my opinion, i didnt isult anyone, that person saying his production 'sucked donkey dick' was using vulgar language

Queef

Queef Banned

yeah and it failed to do so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.