Music For Relief Invites Fans to Contribute Their Music to New "Download To Donate" album

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Aug 18, 2015.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

Linkin Park's non-profit charity organization Music For Relief is working on another "Download To Donate" album. This time, you can be featured on it as well, if you are located in the US and above 15 years old. The previous "Download To Donate" albums, released in 2010 and 2011 to aid victims of the Haiti earthquake and Japan earthquake and tsunami respectfully, both featured incredible unreleased songs from A-list artists like Linkin Park, Slash, Alanis Morissette, Enrique Iglesias, Lupe Fiasco and The Glitch Mob among others. This time, in recognition of the talent and altruism of unsigned artists, everyone is invited to contribute their own music to be featured on a compilation album whose proceeds will benefit MFR's fund for future disasters.

Music For Relief is offering two ways for fans to submit their music. The first is linking to your music from Soundcloud, and the other is uploading the file directly. The contest has already begun, but don't worry, there's plenty of time to submit, or start creating your music. The contest will take place in three phases, first being the submission period, which lasts until September 22, 2015. The day after, the voting phase will begin. Everyone will be allowed to vote for their favorites, and the winners of this phase will get some very nice prizes - first place wins a trip to Los Angeles and a hotel stay to record in a professional studio, second place wins a Music Prize package including CDs, vinyls and box sets from the Warner Music Catalog, and the third place wins a Harman Kardon speaker. The voting phase will end on October 15, 2015.

The third phase is the judging phase, which will begin on October 16, during which a team of judges will decide which songs will make the final cut. The judges include our very own Mike Shinoda, film composer Joseph Trapanese, producer Rob Cavallo and a few of Warner and Universal's managers and presidents. Potential winners will be contacted via e-mail on or around November 3, 2015. You can read the full, lengthy list of rules of the contest here.

Will you be contributing to this album? Are you writing a new song or submitting an existing one? Come stop by our forums and tell us!

Source: Mike Shinoda Twitter

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Nice event! :)
    Do you think LP will make record a special song as well?

Shmoanator

Shmoanator I put the pennies on the eyes.

Definitely participating.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Filip, you beasted this :lol:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Congrats on the post, Filip!
    They grow up so fast :cry:

Filip

That's... a compliment, right? :lol:

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

aw man. I started working on my track and then realized I can not participate, because I am not form the US. I think I will finish the track and use it for myself. Huge bummer though, if you ask me.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Horee Sheit!!! Bummer it's US only, though.
    And Filip, dem guys still ain't gonna make you mod :kappa:

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Nice right when I started working on music again =). I shall be submitting.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes!

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

Speaking of Download to Donate, is there any way to purchase the first 2 albums? Or just Issho Ni? I really like Issho Ni :D

Filip

I don't think so, unfortunately.

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Awesome. Definitely going to be submitting something. That contract is pretty brutal when it comes to handing over ALL of the rights to your songs, though haha.