LPTV: WELCOME (DEMO) | Fort Minor

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 14, 2015.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Exactly. There's really no objectivity; the band says that they're doing absolutely fine, while some of the fans believe that they're pushing too hard. You might think that they should take a year or so off (as I do) but, if the band feel driven, then, they won't take a break. It's ultimately just about how the band feels about their output.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

You're quite right actually that each album has shown that LP have grown artistically throughout the year. I feel though they're at a point where they're quite comfortable with how they do things and focus a bit more on making each album 'sound' different than the actual song writing.

MagmaXtreme

That's the thing with the lack of objectivity, I feel like the band aren't raising their standards and while they can come out with a good album, such work will consist mainly of average-to-good songs and not so many great songs.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

The band will make album every two years and because it is "LINKIN PARK", people will buy it anyway because of how popular they are.

minuteforce

But the band feel that they're raising their standards, you have to assume. :p

Also, don't double-post.

MagmaXtreme

Yea you're right about that :p

Sorry for the double post, there isn't exactly a user-friendly method of grabbing two quotes from different people and putting them in one post (while still having the relevant users' names above each quote).

minuteforce

There's the multi-quote button next to the quote button.

MagmaXtreme

Guess I learned that today :p

Wasn't expecting that when the buttons next to it have a label and this one doesn't, a little inconsistent of a design if I were being critical.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This LPTV sparked my interest in what the band is currently doing. Of course, not much is known at this point about new studio material. I do think those other titles were seeds at the very least for song ideas, possibly even demos that the band has made further progress in.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Mike: "Rock has become too visceral and carnivorous. We wanted to make an album we would personally like listening to. So we decided to do a herbivorous pop album this time."

I'm asking myself: Have we ever actually heard the "another Linkin Park record"-record? How would it sound?
    Excluding their first record, kinda every album had a "specific agenda".
    It would actually be really exiting if their next agenda would be "Let's make a Linkin Park record", imo. They've never specifically done this. How would they capture the Linkin Park sound?
    (Maybe one could call LT such an album, but they had the goal of doing "firecracker" songs, not typical LP songs.)

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Living Things.

minuteforce

Typical Linkin Park songs are short-and-sweet "firecracker" songs.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Well many other bands typically have such songs throughout their discography,too. You can't simply claim those are done, or heavily influenced by Linkin Park, can you?

minuteforce

No, but Linkin Park typically make those kinds of songs. Doesn't mean that they're exclusive to LP ...

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I would love to hear a more mellow side of them, in a different direction of course. Possibly a darker and deeper sound but sounding mellow. Maybe some tech element to it, songs more like Robot boy, Mark the Graves, Primo (demo), drawbar, etc.....

I think they have a lot of potential down that path for an even more deeper and personal album, just like Welcome was to mike.

Ram.

Ram. New Member

After reading the posts I must admit that I'm excited to get an idea of the 'look&feel' of the next album. I don't think we shall take 'Welcome' as a proof of how the new record might sound. We shouldn't be surprised if the new album sounds different than THP as they're always experimenting and creating new experiences/concepts with every album.