August 31, 2015 - Jämsä, Finland

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 31, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

So Linkin Park just played for Moscow for the second year in a row, so now they're moving onto Finland, a country they have not played since 2011.

But let's take the history in the right order. The band first played in Finland in 2008. At this show the first instance of Mike rapping the first verse of Hands Held High acapella occured. This would later be repeated at the Milton Keynes show when ending the tour, and later be put over the Reanimation intro on Crawling. After this show the band had to cancel the next two dates due to Brad getting an ear infection, and as someone who was directly affected by this, I hold all of Finland directly responsible. The band then returned in 2009 with Metallica as part of Sonisphere. At this show Brad played an interesting intro to Numb for a whole minute, video of that can be found below. At this point the Hands Held High acapella part had been worked onto the Crawling intro. In 2011 the band returned for last performance, until today. This was part of their Projekt Revolution: Europe tour, and it is to date the last Projekt Revolution tour that the band has held, this show was the second to last performance under that name.

The band played in Moscow two days ago, a show where once again the fans flash mobbed the show. During Welcome they held up signs saying "You are Welcome". This caused Mike and Chester to pause after the song to take pictures and video with the crowd. Thankfully a recording of the whole show was put online, showing the great form the band is currently in. Check that out here below.

After this show the band heads down to Berlin on the 3rd for a performance and after that they play the last German date on the 5th in Düsseldorf for the Rock im Sektor one day festival. Fort Minor will also play at this festival.

Are you going to this show? Are you not going? Either way, come and discuss in our forums.

Remaining tour dates:
    2/9 Berlin, Germany, Kesselhaus - Fort Minor
    3/9 Berlin, Germany, Stadion An der Alten Forsterei
    9/5 Dusseldorf, Germany, Rock Im Sektor
    9/6 Rome, Italy, Rock In Roma
    9/8 London, England, Scala - Fort Minor

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

First

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

Nice pre-show posting :D

I'm going to the show! This is going to be actually my first LP show, since I didn't attend the show back in 2011. I'm also going to the meet and greet (with a premium package). Looking forward to the show! :)

LPSuomi

LPSuomi Member

I'll be there

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Evan_5397

Evan_5397 Well-Known Member

I was wondering, do the band have a problem with Ireland? They haven't played there since 2008 and we really are due a show.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

With that logic, LP must hate India since they've never played a show there. :p