Mike Shinoda in studio with Martin Garrix

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 5, 2015.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

As of now, we don't know if this is just a Mike-thing, yes.
    And even if this is indeed LP's studio (which I think it is), it still doesn't have to be related to LP-material.
    And even if it is related to LP-material, it still doesn't have to be about LP7.
    And even if it is about LP7, it is still probably just a one-song collab, which I wouldn't mind.
    And even if it is not just a one-song collab, which I wouldn't mind, ... I would mind. :kappa:

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

It's not like they haven't done this before, this is exactly like the Aoki collabs, and they turned out fine. ALTNC for example uses "vocals, rap, guitar, drums, etc." They've done it before and if it's what the band/Mike want to do, then who am I to judge? :lol:

To use the Aoki collab as an example again, this could very easily just be a once-off collaboration that won't feature on any album. I doubt they'd reveal any collaborations this early for an album that's still very far from being completed. :)

(Just as a friendly heads-up, it's a bit hard to understand what you're saying when you're typing like that. :))

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

:/

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Don't double-post.

ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

I really hope LP goes full EDM.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Where is the kappa?

minuteforce

Personally, I believe that Shinoda working on a house track or whatever would work out fine, and that's double if neither he nor Bennington do vocals. :) But, even then, LP's vocalists on a big room track is something that I'd definitely be curious to hear :p

EDIT: also, this could easily be a Linkin Park thing! The day after these photos were taken, one or more of the other band members could've come into the studio to contribute. And, even if it is just Shinoda working with Martin Garrix, they could still label it as "Linkin Park and Martin Garrix" because Shinoda probably does most of LP's studio legwork on his own anyway. It could also be a collaborative rmx of either artist's songs.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

I feel like it would be too early to reveal who they're collaborating with on LP7 if this was for the next Linkin Park album, especially as it seems Mike and Martin are working closely together here with no signs that other band members are in the picture. I would hold back from speculating on an EDM-based LP album for now.

Regardless this could be something coming from Mike/LP we haven't heard them do before so I'm anticipating what results of this.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Rock-based with a sprinkle of EDM.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

minuteforce

I think a sports media company tweeting about it pretty much confirms that that's the case :lol:

EDIT: but I am confused. There was once a TCMG Twitter account (@TCMGLLC) but it seems to have become the M2 Twitter account while the website listed is teamcalahan.com - are they the same entity?

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

M2 = Mike & Martin ? :D

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

They've proven they have the chops to make dance and electronic music, so why not let them. LP really has no genre. Think of "Castle of Glass", "Until it Breaks", "War", "Waiting for the End", "A Line in the Sand", "Robot Boy" and how all these songs are made by the same band and were on all their studio albums. There is really nothing they are limited to. They wanna do a pure punk song, they can. They wanna do a purely hip hop song, they can. They wanna do a folk rock song, they can do it. Metal? That's on plenty of their records. Really good pop songs? They can do that too.

I say just let the band be. I trust their judgement.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

THIS.

:chuck:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. I think unfortunately despite several albums now proving that the band doesn't have a set genre, people still mentally insist on grouping Linkin Park into a singular genre. That beneath it all they're an experimental rock band, when really they aren't a rock band at all.

Yes the first few albums were hard rock influenced, but from about ATS on the band has made tremendous strides to just do whatever they want. Which if you read early interviews from when the band was first starting out, or hear the band trying to explain themselves in the Frat Party DVD interviews...was always the goal. They never wanted to be a band that had the 'rap verse and the hard rock chorus' (to paraphrase Dave) and they wanted to just be Linkin Park.

Being Linkin Park means that if they want to have a country-folk song, a motown song, an EDM track, a thrash metal track, and an old school hip-hop inspired track on the same album, they'd be able to do that if they wanted because that's their sonic identity. There's a lot of people out there who already do realize this, but there's also still a lot of people who need to understand (after 6 albums) that there's never going to just be a single 'Linkin Park sound'. The whole reason Linkin Park exists is for the musicians within the band to make whatever music they personally see fit. Which means, collaborations like this one (if it is indeed tied to LP in anyway) are just an extension of the Linkin Park sound, in that they have no defined sound and probably never will.

Michele

I disagree with some statements here. Sure LP is known for being very experimental with their stuff. But the main part is the "rock" thing in my opinion. All albums until now are different kind of rock albums with more or less electronic elements. But if they would change the whole thing and make an Electronic album with a few rock elements, i dunno if i would really like that. Just my 2 cents. (Maybe this is just my antipathy to EDM, so dont take this comment to serious.) I mean, i really enjoyed ALTNC and after some time DTB, but i dont really need this kind of album sound.

Derek

Reanimation contained barely any rock elements on some of the tracks, was largely hip-hop and electronic influenced, and is widely considered to be one of the best releases in the band's discography. If you consider Reanimation to be a studio album and not a remix album (because of all the changes they did to the songs), the band was already proving by the 2nd record in that they weren't just a rock band.

Michele

Stop being so clever :(

Yeah, you are right. I just dont like the idea of a EDM record. In the end, i would also like it thought :3

Derek

If they did make an EDM record, which I think is extremely silly for anyone to presume just based off of one photo (since it may not even be tied to LP at all), it likely would sound nothing like Recharged anyways. Recharged was a remix album, with likely limited input and contribution from the band (save for the few songs the band members created or guested on). If it was to be a full EDM record, the band would have a solid hand in creating everything in the studio and would take their typical 12-18 months to craft it. It wouldn't be your usual EDM record.

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

whatever it is,its going to be big!!!......as a EDM fan and experience,martin is really talented.......there are more many awsm sngs than 'animals' rock listining people shld try some EDM!!!!.......it will be a shock if LP7 comes as EDM record,but its going to be very awsm and energetic..........wishing that mike does more raping :p