November 7, 2015 - Anaheim, CA: BlizzCon

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Nov 6, 2015.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

After last week's scary performance at Monster Mash Festival, Linkin Park closes out BlizzCon tonight, November 7!

Linkin Park has played in Anaheim twice before, both times at the Arrowhead Pond. The first show was in November 2001, when they played almost all songs off their debut album "Hybrid Theory", and the fan favorite track "Step Up". The band also played their cover of Guns N' Roses classic "Sweet Child o' Mine". The show is also interesting because Aaron Lewis of Staind came out and performed the final track of the set, "One Step Closer" with the band. Not even a year later, he was featured on the Reanimation closing track "Krwlng". The second show, however, is even more interesting. It was the first of only two shows the band played in 2005. It's special as it was a benefit show for the then newly founded Music For Relief. Linkin Park played seven songs to "warm up the crowd", one of which was "Frgt/10" with Chali 2na. That was the song's live debut and the only time to date the song has been performed live. After the first seven songs, the band brought out Jay-Z and performed the entirety of their 2004 collaborative EP "Collision Course". Needless to say, the crowd went wild. Thanks to the great people over at Linkin Park Live, the show is available on YouTube. It's a really good and fun watch with great quality, highly recommended.

The band's coming off a strong show in Arizona at the Monster Mash Festival. To fit their 90 minute set time, the band kicked out the "Ballad Medley", "Breaking The Habit" and "Darker Than Blood" out of their regular set. It makes sense the band wanted to perform a more energetic set, as they were all wearing zombie makeup in the true spirit of Halloween. To add to the scary mood of the show, the band performed "What I've Done" with a new intro, John Carpenter's Halloween Theme. Also, quite nice to see the band is continuing to let Mike perform the Fort Minor portion of the set. This gives some hope that we'll be seeing more of Fort Minor once Linkin Park is back on the road next year with their new studio album. Check out the band's performance of "Burn It Down" from the show below.

Is that Corey Taylor guy singing with Linkin Park now?

Tonight, the band will perform at BlizzCon, a video game convention held by Blizzard Entertainment to promote their major franchises. It's a two day event, which the band will be closing out. The closing ceremony is scheduled on the BlizzCon website from 3:30-6:00 a.m. CET, so starting at 6:30 p.m. in Anaheim local time. But converting times to your local time zone is complicated, so use this handy little countdown instead. However, it's important to note that that's probably not the time the band will be starting. The band is going to start only when the final tournament is over and the winners are interviewed, and it's impossible to know when exactly that will be.

This is going to be the band's first live streamed show since Beijing back in July, however, it's far from free. The only way to watch the show is to buy the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, which includes 720p streaming of the entire two day event. Those who buy it will also get the possibility of replaying the event in the two weeks following it. The Virtual Ticket costs $39.99, so for those uninterested in the convention itself, it may be best to wait for the show to pop up on YouTube.

But what can we expect from tonight's show? Well, just like last time, we can't say for sure. Last year's headliners Metallica got to perform a 100 minute set, which is around the length of Linkin Park's full headlining set. However, we can't say for sure how much time the band will get, and because of that, we don't know how or if they will change their setlist. What we can say for sure is that there's a special surprise waiting for us at the show. Joe's DJ tech Warren Wills tweeted this out on Wednesday. What could it be? Join the discussion in the forums and tell us what you think will happen!

After this, the band has one more show for the remainder of the year, and most likely for the entire The Hunting Party touring cycle - November 14 at Music For Relief's "Relief Live!" event in Los Angeles. The band will play in front of a smaller audience, and tickets cost about $250, but all proceeds from the event go to Music For Relief's Power The World program and Disaster Relief fund. But, more on that next week.

Will you be getting the virtual ticket? What do you expect from tonight's show? Do you think the band will get to play their full headlining set? Tell us in the forums!

Remaining tour dates:

November 14 - Los Angeles, CA - Relief Live!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Warren just finished to write a RPG D&D storyline that he will DMing live. This is the show.

Chester is an elf named Legolas who looks like Orlando Bloom.
    Mike is a Troll. Period.
    Rob is a Paladin learning the ancient double-bass technique.
    Phoenix is a Druid who turns into a Phoenix. With his ass on fire.
    Joe is a Dwarf addicted to brush his own shining long-hair.
    Brad is a bard that wears sandals and colored socks. He sings britney spears classic songs claiming he's not a girl anymore.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Doubt they would just premiere new music like this, maybe just like an old song or something. Although Mike did just post that photo with Martin

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

There won't be any new music. It'll be the same old setlist. Maybe one slight change which will be the surprise. Something we probably won't care for. You should learn by now that LP isn't cool that way

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It'll be less than the usual. The average Blizzcon concert is about an hour and a handful of minutes. The setlist will be extremely truncated and, much like a festival show due to being performed in front of casual fans and non-fans alike, will very much be a "play the hits" deal.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Wondering what the surprise is going to be. Anyone here get the livestream?

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Obviously, Linkin Park is writing the Warcraft theme song, that will appear in the credits sequence. :kappa:

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Game of Thrones + With You please?

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So how was it?

Filip

The band played the regular set minus "What I've Done", "Numb" and "Waiting For The End". They also played "Papercut" with a new intro.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Surprise! :sorcerer:

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    minuteforce

I tuned in during "Castle". "New Divide" to me, was the definite lowest point in the set. I have never heard it butchered that badly, though I am prone to forgetting that kind of stuff as well

Filip

For all interested:

[video=youtube;HDcBlCqUcgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDcBlCqUcgU[/video]​

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I loved that intro....Wow...holy crap! Sexy!

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the new intro's sampling? Pretty cool.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The new intro is the World of Warcraft theme.

minuteforce

Yeah, I figured that that was the surprise when I heard it. :)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If there's one thing I've learned from my years of singing, it's that once you know how to scream correctly (something that Chester didn't learn for a while, hence his vocal issues now), in a way it's actually EASIER to scream some notes than to actually sing them. I'll perform at a show and we do covers. If I hadn't gotten my fill of water or feeling under the weather, some notes I find harder to hit so I end up screaming them instead.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

They butchered New Divide.. fudge!

Edit: The band deserves a rest and so Chester. Chester's voice is fucked up.