The Linkin Park Underground discussion thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by minuteforce, May 28, 2015.

1. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

LP would be in the same position if they didn't diverge from Nu-Metal with Minutes to Midnight.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't know if that has anything to do with who was the "best" rap-rock band. My point was that it's nothing to be proud of either way, commercial success notwithstanding. :)

3. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

As long as the whole album doesn't consist of those, I also wouldn't mind hearing some old school power chords in Meteora's style again.

4. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly disagree. We both agree that the band had already made all the money they ever needed off Hybrid Theory and Meteora, so we can both agree that the only two possible reasons that they changed their style were either because they wanted to stay popular and relevant or because they were uninspired by nü metal. Maybe a bit of both. But I certainly believe that the latter was the more important factor to them, even if you believe that they changed sound because nü metal was dead and they wanted to stay relevant.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  5. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Clearly many people. This is the same ignorant comment others make about LP.

6. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Even Limp Bizkit's own fans don't seem to like them that much these days. The relationship between Fred and the LB community is pretty bad, especially when you compare them to LP.

7. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Sad to hear that. From what I've seen, he seems to be a pretty down to earth guy (despite his public persona :lol:).

8. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

[thumb]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12299294_10153252539761409_3859170456720528818_n.jpg?oh=8f2593a1b14dc88a2a1d29f8f284efd3&oe=56EF8DF4[/thumb]

9. AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

I'd argue that HT and Meteora are better than a vast majority of nu-metal albums.

10. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I think it's so subjective at that point that there's no point trying to argue either way which is better. I'd personally agree, I like LP's stuff more, but I'm sure some would disagree. I think minuteforce's point was more that LB's stuff is more "true nü metal", so seeing as it's up for debate whether LP's nü metal is better than LB's, you might as well give LB the trophy on that one. At least that's the impression I got from his post.

11. minuteforce

My point was that nu-metal sucks and, so, it's fine to say that LP weren't as "good" as their competition in that arena. They've always largely had their own thing.

12. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Man, you should have seen them live this year... I saw Limp Bizkit at Pukkelpop (Belgium) this year right before LP was playing there and the crowd went absolutely insane. The setlist was great, the music was great, Durst's vocals were great. I remember him saying "You party like it's '99" and it really felt that way :D
    So maybe LB's online community is dead, but their music isn't... at all! :)

13. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I don't think that's fair to say, I don't particularly have an interest in it either but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. :lol:

14. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

So, how about that LPU 15? I definitely liked what I heard from the previews of the demos, especially ANIMALS and Chance of Rain. All three Pods had cool, retro vibes to them, too.

15. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

All three pods can suck a fat one :lol:
    Everything else is nice :)

16. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

The problem is that Durst acts like a dick towards fans far too often, you get the impression that he takes his and the bands popularity for granted, when the fact is they're now almost completely irrelevant. So many empty promises and the actual new music which has been produced in recent years has been mediocre.

With guys like Otto and Borland in the band, who have genuine talent, it's a shame all they can now seemingly do is go through the motions, usually at small venues, playing their greatest hits from 15 years ago, which have aged so badly it's no wonder fans at the show think it's still 99.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  17. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

tl;dr: Fred Durst is an egotistical prick who thinks he's better than he really is.

And he does it all for the nookie. :kappa:

18. minuteforce

I joined LPU for the first time earlier this month, basically just to get the latest LPU EP and support the fan club for that release. Quick thoughts:

I have to say that, by and large, I'm pretty deeply underwhelmed by the website and the online community. I expected far better in terms of activity, discussion topics, message board etiquette and especially moderation, after spending years in a fanmade community. Exclusive sub-forums or no, LPMB is frankly depressing and paying to be able to access to those sections certainly doesn't feel worth it. Get some stern moderators and enforce more rules, guys. :)

I haven't had the chance to experience a band member chat firsthand, but I've seen enough of those to know what to expect. That they're trying to select fan questions in advance is interesting to me and I'm eager to see if that works out.

I imagine that the band won't stop by my country this year so I can't take advantage of any tour-related perks.

I didn't like the LPU15 EP as much as I'd expected to but I'm still glad I got it. I still think it's a step in the right direction. The "Pods" tracks are the ones I listen to most often.

I think the price for the membership was okay, and encouraging that was a huge reason for me to support LPU with my money this year, but, in hindsight, I should've taken the free trial offer instead.

19. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Finally, someone else like me. :lol:

20. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Nah, just nah.