Linkin Park in the studio with Jon Green of The Bonfires

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jan 16, 2016.

1. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Maybe Mark Wakefield should come back ;)

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I meant screaming but... Imma stick with what I said.

Only Mike and brad can sign...

But seriously. If there are guest vocals on the new album I really hope there are female artists.

3. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Linkin Park x Lights.

4. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I'd do anything for this to happen.

5. Filip

6. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

That would be really refreshing to have at this point in LP's career. If Mike thinks again to surprise the fans like he did with having Rakim on GATS, instead of delivering what is 'expected', we might be in luck :)

I could see a collab with Lights working out too, she's done some more chill/melodic work which could fit well with LP given what we've heard from them so far.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Here we go. Everyone will suggest their favourite female vocalists, insisting that it would work.

8. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't quite insist that it would work, there are other factors that determine this such as how they artists work together and their creative processes, but yeah, shouldn't be overzealous about it.

9. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Dude, I am all for Mike singing, I love how genuine his voice sounds. But I think it's better in small quantities as there's not a lot of variety and also Mike is not great with that stuff live. Like, we're kinda overrating him here.

10. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

:wub:

[video=youtube;olDIl1Semv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olDIl1Semv0[/video]

11. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

So what you're sayings is, Chester should leave the band.

I don't like you one bit, Jesse.

:nokappa: none at all.

12. Filip

Ho damn I was thinking there would be invisible text or something.

Cold.

13. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

AGREED. The one thing that makes me so worried about more Mike singing is that it means he has to do it outside of a studio environment too, and his live singing is still super-shaky.

14. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Honestly, LP are a studio band first and foremost to me. Of all the band's I listen too, despite LP being one of my favourite bands of all time, present day Mike and Chester are some of the worst live singers I listen to, despite being godly in studio.

I personally prefer Mike's voice to Chester's (although Mike is weaker live). For me, the more Mike sings the better. Anyway, the band has said it before, if Mike sings a song better he'll sing on the final version, if Chester sings it better then he'll sing. I trust the band's judgement in this area. Even if Chester can sing it better live, if Mike can sing it better in studio I'd prefer Mike to sing it. A live show is one night, an album can be listened to over and over again.

15. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

This night I dreamed of LP working with a female singer on a song in this very moment.
    Then they did a first recording of the song and they just thought: "Hey, let's just release it as a single." - 1/2-3/4 years before the release of the album. Classic.
    They wanted to make a live release out of the whole thing, so the female singer would perform it on some kind of banquet. For some reason she did the performance alone - the rest of the band wanted to stay in the studio and let her sing to a recording, it seems.
    Just before the song, the singer said something like: "Well, Mike wanted to edit this song further and finish it in the studio, but I prevented him from doing so. I just wanted to show you that this song sounds beautiful regardless of any editing - just like all of my songs.", she smiled.
    When the song finally started, it was a full-blown acoustic song - with acoustic guitar and some faint Linkin Park-esque synths. And it was... well, kinda beautiful. Beautiful in the way of the whole audience being speechless, but just because the anticipation was so high and the song didn't quite live up to it and nobody wanting to break the awe.
    Well, so the first verse was sung be her, and yeah, it was actually kinda good. But then the second verse started - and it was sung by Mike. And because it was still such a rough take, his singing sounded... imperfect, one could say. It sounded just like in the demo of Breaking The Habit.
    Of course everyone listened closely to the lyrics, because the new album would be a lyrics-focused one. But after his verse was halfway sung, Mike-on-the-recording suddenly proceeded to "na na na"s. And then he stopped: "Na na na... uuuuummm, ... well, ... ... let's just move on to the next part, okay?" And the song moved on to the next part.

So this was clearly a prophecy.
    What do we learn out of it? LP, please don't record an acoustic album! :kappa:
    And, everyone, don't get your hopes up high for an acoustic album - maybe it won't even be one or maybe it will sound... not as expected. :lol:
    --
    Well, I think I've just read too much on this forums lately. :lol: I hope you guys at least see where all these weird elements of the dream originate from. It's all in the forum. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  16. minuteforce

Shinoda probably doesn't do his own mastering, and he definitely wouldn't have a mastered version and, then, go back into editing unless he was doing a remix

so, you know, your premonition might be wrong EDM REMIX ALBUM CONFIRMED

17. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I didn't say he mastered first. :lol:
    Well, some logical issues here and there, it's not gonna weaken the main prophecy.
    But I think your premonition is even more likely!

18. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Talking of female vocalists, how about getting Kelli Alli (ex Sneaker Pimps) again? I liked her backing vocals on My{Dsmbr, the vocal harmonies with Chester were nice.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  19. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

:worship:

All hail the clairvoyant Prophet of Mike Shinoda and Lincoln Pork!

:worship:

20. minuteforce

FALSE GODS

DEREK WILL SMITE YOU