Martin Garrix premieres new song featuring Linkin Park at Ultra Music Festival Miami

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Mar 19, 2016.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

It seems that during his performance at Ultra Music Festival in Miami Martin Garrix premiered a new song, featuring Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda. Rumors of this first appeared back in November when the two were pictured in the studio together, but up until now we've had no information on what they were working on.

[thumb]https://igcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/11950487_548953318601795_90185486_n.jpg[/thumb]​

It's currently unknown if any other band member was involved with the song, but the EDM banger features Shinoda's vocals very prominently. The song title is also unknown, but it is likely it will be called "Waiting For Tomorrow". A part of the song was recently uploaded to YouTube, and you can check it out there or below.

[audio=artists=Martin Garrix ft. Mike Shinoda&titles=ID ("Waiting For Tomorrow")]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/audio/031916-124328_Martin Garrix feat. Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) - ID (Waiting For Tomorrow).mp3[/audio]​

I've taken my best stab at transcribing the lyrics, and you can check them out below aswell. If anything sounds off to you, please submit your corrections below.

What do you think of the track? Excited to hear the studio version? Join the discussion in our forums.

UPDATE: Martin Garrix has now uploaded his entire set from the festival on his YouTube channel. The version uploaded to his channel has slightly better audio quality. Several of our members have pointed out that the song also has vocals from Chester Bennington singing in unison with Shinoda in the pre-chorus and chorus of the new track. Check out the performance in high quality below and tell us what you think!

[video=youtube;4r1tq1XBN0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1tq1XBN0w[/video]
    The new song starts at around 10:14 mark.

Source: YouTube via THE STARKINATOR

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

While Mike's vocal performance live-wise is still not perfect, his studio performance is getting a lot more interesting which is great.

The verse right after the drop seems to be pretty rough though. Probably just whatever they came up with in that couple of days.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    SytemOfADown

SytemOfADown New Member

Normally hate EDM but Mike sounds amazing to me

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Sounds pretty good, Mike's studio vocals are getting better. Though am I the only one that hears Chester and Mike both sing when the chorus comes in?

Filip

Pitch shifting/autotune/whatever.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Depending on who you listen to, though, his live vocals are getting worse with time. Which is a view I don't personally subscribe to

With each dance track he tries his hand at, Shinoda gets better (albeit with help) at making tracks that fit right into festival sets like those at Ultra. There's no Linkin Park element in this track at all.

brady

That's what I thought at first, but I swear I hear Chester's distinct vocals. Oh well, I might just be crazy.

SytemOfADown

SytemOfADown New Member

Well its not a LP ft. Martin Garrix, its the same with Guilty All The Same, there is no Rakim element in too so

minuteforce

Could be either, IMO - it could be a bit of formant-shifting and different processing on Shinoda's voice ... or it could be a whole different voice.

Well, Rakim brings his own distinct style to "Guilty All The Same". Shinoda's more of a versatile chameleon -- on this track, he delivers as a vocalist on a straight-out festival house tune without reminding me of any of his past work. He comes off as a solo vocalist here, instead of a component of Linkin Park, and it helps the track a lot.

Filip

Original post now updated with lyrics. Please submit any corrections for anything that sounds off to you. :)

minuteforce

I'm gonna predict that, somehow, the final studio v. we hear won't be as well-liked as this clip

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I'm still wondering if it'll be Martin garrix ft. "Fort Minor" or mike shinoda :lol:

NimaLP

NimaLP LP Persian Soldier

It won't be "Martin Garrix Feat. Fort Minor", because looks likely it doesn't include any rap verse.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Damn, I gotta say, this track is dope af and one hell of a gang banger.

brady

Filip, I think it might be "Counting down to the light." Though my guess is as good as yours.

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I want to hear the final version! grrr....I really like this though!

Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

You can hear the lead guitar on the second part of the song, Brad?

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Didn't Mike say he wants to keep the FM label open for anything he does outside of Linkin Park, not necessarily only rap music? But yeah, it would be a bit weird seeing him use it outside of rap.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I just hope this wouldn't end up being like Avicii's un(officially)released material with BJA, Dan Reynolds and Serj Tankian

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I didnt listend to the song yet. And somehow i am not even exited to do :lol: