Official 'Game of Thrones' Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I know there was a lot going around coming into the season about how (not necessarily even if) Jon would come back, and I think the consensus would be something along the lines of either (a) warging into Ghost or (b) being brought back by Melisandre.

But truthfully, it felt too simple, and too obvious. The camera work was about the same. You spend a whole conversation talking about the possibility of him coming back, Melisandre doing her thing and it seemingly not working, and then a lengthened focus on Jon's lifeless body until he comes to life and the episode ends. I felt that came about too quickly. I know the writers said that it would be a very fast-paced and hectic opening to a season, but I think now we're starting to see that as the show becomes more complex, as the storylines begin to intertwine, and as certain threats manifest more concretely, the show is going to struggle to present those things as elegantly as it did for the first four seasons.

With that said, this most recent episode was an interesting one - I like how they've started to introduce the storyline of Eddard Stark and Lyanna, and I think now there's a nice hint about the identities of Jon's parents (R+L=J), and I think the development with Rickon was an interesting one. I'm afraid of what it will entail for the other Starks, and for Jon Snow.

I'm curious when we're going to return to Little Finger's storyline - that has to happen sometime soon?

Also, I can't decide if I'm disappointed in the writing of Tyrion's character, or if this is par for the course for him? I feel like they're trying too hard to keep him clever and funny, but at the same time, I wonder if it's just that he's trying too hard in a situation that he's not exactly familiar with or prepared for. Also, it was cool to see Varys come into his own a bit, using his knowledge as power, in this most recent episode.

Aaaaand I still hate Ramsey. What else is new?

2. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Tyrion is such a popular character. I think they're going to include a Tyrion scene in every episode for better or for worse.

3. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Preview for next week's episode seems to indicate that he'll be in it.

I'm wondering when we're going to see something significant happen with Margaery's storyline. She's had one brief scene in the last six episodes combined...

4. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Enjoying this season a lot so far.

RIP Rickon's cock.

5. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Hahaha wow

6. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Hahahahaha

Speaking of cocks, Tormund telling Jon that he couldn't be a god because his dick is too small was one of the highlights of the episode for me.

7. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, my brother and I laughed hard at that. :lol:

8. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Good episode, but jesus, that ending was stupid as fuck :lol: Also, the deaths don't surprise me anymore, nor do they do anything to me. Especially the Bolton kills.

The Brienne/Tormund moment during the dinner made me laugh really hard, Tormund's like "that woman's tall as a mountain... and I'mma climb it"

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  9. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'm just glad Sansa didn't miss Jon by a day. I was going to rage if the show made them miss each other by just a day

10. lime treacle

The traveling in this show is ridiculous. Jon's plot suggests that these 4 episodes happened in the space of a couple of days. Yet Daenerys managed to get to Vaes Dothrak (which if I recall correctly from the books, is supposed to be a much longer trip), and Sansa to the Wall, which is also quite a trip, in this tiny period?! I feel like the show is disregarding the distances for the sake of plot furtherments. Hard to hate it too much when the plot is good, but still I feel like it requires too much of a leap of faith.

If I'm wrong on the distances, please correct me.

11. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

The writers sure did a fantastic job at turning the Khals from warlords into a bunch of dumb idiots, though. They let Daenerys just wonder about freely, even though they very well know she's a feisty Dragon Mama and maybe potentially dangerous, and then letting her push down EACH torch without doing anything about it?

Like, not a single Khal was able to get to her while she was slowly but surely pushing down a total of 3 or 4 torches that, apparently, held Hell itself. Cuz that fire sure spread fast. Sure, there's some highly flammable stuff in those torches, but still, no way does a fire spread that fast.

Not only that, but mere seconds after Dany started her firebukkake, the ceiling was already collapsing. Like, what? I know of only one flammable material capable of spreading a hellfire that fast and wreaking havoc of that scale, and that's the stuff that comes out of my ass the day after having light to decent 9/10 Asian food.

They pretty much dumbed down the Khals in order to give Dany a "cool" moment, which was basically a remake of her big S1 moment -- tits and all. Simply stupid.

The rest of the episode was good, though.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's fairly accepted that the timelines of these events are not synchronized. Events that happen in one scene at King's Landing may have happened a few weeks ago in respect to the events we see at the Wall a few minutes later.

13. lime treacle

Right. I don't know how I managed to forget that. I think there still might possibly be some inconsistencies, but I'm too lazy to go looking for them.

14. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, I got the sense that it was planned out. I wonder if something had been laid down in the tent before hand to expedite its burning? I dno, I'm reaching here, but it seems like Dany orchestrated the whole thing with Dario and Jorah. So, perhaps that had something to do with it, but that could be crap too. Just guessing.

I think when it came to why they didn't do anything, I think they were shocked. I mean suddenly the whole place is burning around you, and she's not necessarily running away from it all. One can come up with reasons why they didn't move during that scene.

I agree that it was definitely very much a callback to Season 1, but I think Dany needed that as a character. For some period of time, I was losing interest in Dany because she seemed powerless for some time. But it's easy to forget how powerful and strong she actually is, despite how at times she falls victim to her immaturity and ignorance. So, if anything, this moment reinvigorates Dany's storyline.

It also makes her return to Meereen that much more interesting, with Tyrion suddenly employing Western diplomacy in a place that isn't used to it, and going against Dany's desires to completely emancipate slaves wherever she goes. The relationship between Tyrion and Dany, to me, now becomes even more interesting.

15. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Can the High Sparrow die already?

That Stark reunion though :cry:

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

You know a character is an insufferable twat when you're rooting for Cersei to find some way to kill him off. :lol:

17. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

He can. When Margaery Tyrell's had her walk of shame.

:miscuse:

So true :lol:

18. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Man that one was great. The reunion of the Starks :cry:

And DAMNIT RAMSEY. I hope this little piece of shit is going to die soon, maybe killed by the one and only Sansa Stark? Or maybe by Theon, dunno how the storyline should do something like that.

Speaking of Theon, i am happy that he is safe for the moment. I am interested how his charakter is going on now he is back home. Maybe a good duo like Sansa and Jon (which reborn was the most obvious one i have ever seen yet :lol: )

What will happen in KIngslands is interesting too. There will be chaos soon.

19. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

So we're going to get the armies of the vale and the wildlings versus the bolton army? That is going to be one hell of a fight.

The fire in that last scene was ridiculous. How did it travel so quickly and burn everything up? Besides that, Daenerys as always is a great opportunist.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  20. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Damn right. Question is: will the armies of the Vale co-operate with the Wildlings?