Linkin Park in the studio with Blackbear

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 4, 2016.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It seems that Linkin Park is working on music with LA-based producer and singer-songwriter Blackbear, revealed by a tweet from the artist himself:

Not long ago, Blackbear (real name Matthew Musto) established himself in the pop realm by helping to pen Justin Bieber's smash hit "Boyfriend". Behind the boards, he's provided production and hooks for hip-hop artists such as G-Eazy, Machine Gun Kelly and Childish Gambino. In addition, he has kept up a steady stream of miscellaneous original tracks and remixes coming for his followers on SoundCloud, and his output as a solo artist has drawn comparisons to artists such as Mike Posner and Frank Ocean.

Last year, Blackbear delivered a debut full-length album entitled "Deadroses", a project consisting of 10 pop/R&B-flavoured songs that effectively display his production talents, emotive vocals and catchy hooks. He followed it up with another LP called "Help" earlier this year, and his most recent release is an EP called "Drink Bleach", which dropped a couple of months ago.

Recently, there have been a number of non-album releases coming out of the Linkin Park camp, so it's hardly unlikely that the band is working with Blackbear on something other than their seventh studio album. His versatility as a pop music writer, producer and performer means that there are all sorts of ways he could contribute in the studio with Linkin Park, so only time will tell what their collaboration will deliver.

Blackbear joins an eclectic list of artists/producers who have been joining Linkin Park in the studio this year, one which includes Conner Youngblood and Jon Green. Looking at all the collaborators that the band has been calling up, it seems that their seventh album may be shaping up to be quite a diverse one.

What are your thoughts on Blackbear working with LP on new music? Feel free to tell us what you think on our message board!

Source: Blackbear on Twitter via Infinity

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

eh

oh my god no why

eh

oh? cool

i'm fine with this

-

that was a rollercoaster

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
    minuteforce

IMO, Shinoda singing sexy R&B hooks is exactly what will rejuvenate Linkin Park creatively and properly reintroduce them for a new generation of potential fans.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

IMO, Linkin Park actually writing a good, creative pop album is what will keep Linkin Park alive.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....I'm definitely intrigued. Personally, they can do what they like. I'm down with a pop record but it's got to be with ATS ambitions (which, as far as we know, it looks like it) Unfortunately, when I think of pop LP, Living Things comes to mind.... As long as the album isn't "safe" then I'm chill with their decisions. Not like I could change anything even if it was. :lol:

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I want more Chester verses and less Mike in the new album ( Final Masquerade or New Divide -style )

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Damn, this album is gonna be insane. It's like they were testing the waters with The Hunting Party regarding collaborations and now they're just going all out.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I think they could (and should) incorporate some R&B influences when it comes to their vocal melodies, since those have sounded quite uninspired on the last two albums (the Wastelands chorus takes the cake on that). Instrumentally, though, they should not jump the R&B bandwagon. I absolutely love the way that genre sounds nowadays, but I don't think it'd be a great fit for Linkin Park.

It's clear we'll be getting a more melodic album, though, and I'm all for that.

Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

that scares me

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Which is exactly why I love this collaboration. :kappa:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Goddammit Derek, i literally spit out :lol:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I saw some complaints on facebook. For all we know, this could be for his music and not LP7. Don't be so quick to judge.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Don't understand why this could possibly be a bad thing. :shrug:

It only makes LP's new album more interesting. Even if it's not for their own music, it's still cool because they hardly ever write with other artists. I'm happy about it, at least.

minuteforce

That means that LP are going in the right direction.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I hope we get a mellow album with great lyrics COG style

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Wow, do I ever feel out of the loop when it comes to all these more recent artists. I had absolutely no idea who Jon Greene, Connor Youngblood, and now Blackbear were until I read about them here on the LPA. Since I have been gravitating towards metal more recently, I've been focusing on specific bands, not solo artists.

Whatever results from these collaborations, it should be interesting. This is LP, after all, a band that really knows how to throw the most unexpected of curve balls at fans and newcomers alike.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I feel Bieber's Boyfriend gets a lot of unjust hate in general. I know everyone's go-to reaction is "Oh God, he worked with Bieber", but if the song was sung by literally anyone else, people would be okay with it. Case in point:

[youtube]G2-hPbEVhhI[/youtube]

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

A pop album with r&b in it about love, and relationships, should be fun

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Let's be real, LP has been pop-oriented. They've always written about relationships and love (or lack thereof). This isn't anything new.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

anything else besides politics would be welcome. i think they've got that topic covered.