RANDOM THOUGHTS 27

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Kevin, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

A Moon Shaped Pool has been a real grower for me. God, this album is incredible. Can't wait to get this shit on vinyl.

I agree. I thought the reveal trailer got a bit too much crap. And the E3 demo was really fucking great. I was watching the Sony's conference live, so it being revealed as CoD kinda blew my mind. :lol: Then again, I haven't played CoD since the first Black Ops. So I wouldn't be feeling the franchise fatigue that people who buy it annualy do.

Captain-EO likes this.
  2. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I need to talk to people

Captain-EO likes this.
  3. Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

It's been a long time since I've been posting here.. Missed it!

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

WE'VE MISSED YOU TOO! <3

5. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah I haven't played since MW3 (actually I played ghosts but not that much, let's forget that game). But the E3 demo looked pretty cool, no more dumb movement mechanics, just boots on ground... with spaceships lol. But it looked like you could actually control what missions you choose in the campaign, so that's an improvement.

Captain-EO likes this.
  6. Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

awwwww <3

Dekar likes this.
  7. Modern Guitar God

trying to be a more positive person

feels unrealistic because I'm pretending to have positive thoughts. Feels super phony but I guess it takes time. Don't want to turn myself into a delusional person

Captain-EO likes this.
  8. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I know this feeling. Just try :)

Captain-EO likes this.
  9. Modern Guitar God

I want to make music again, although I'm pretty bad at it. I'm really self-conscious about my guitar playing. Should just go for it though.

It's just a hobby, don't know why I stress out about it.

Thanks, you're always so positive btw :lol:

Captain-EO likes this.
  10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Dude, I get that. I used to be so cynical and I could never do things. Slowly I've been putting in effort and I was so sure that I was failing and that my actions were just meaningless but I've changed.

I was so sure I could never ride a bike. And I tried for years and I couldn't, no matter what, I couldn't keep the balance. But recently, I tried with some faith in myself and I did learn to ride it, after just a few tries.

Its just that you easily give up when you don't believe in yourself. You be persistent in your work, Tony. You'll see results soon enough. Just don't give up, man.

Hope I wasn't too preachy. :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  11. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

There was this speaker I listened to at the Thespians State competition a few months ago. It kind of took me by surprise but he spoke to about 20 of us about basically being creative and not worrying about what you do. The line I remember the most from what he said was "let the words flow out before your mind has the chance to scold them". I don't know if that advice would help you, but it helped me. I started to just write everything and do whatever came to my mind in regards to music. Right after I write/compose whatever it is, I may be luke warm to what I just made, but when I give it time, it can be something I actually like. It doesn't happen often that I like something I make. I stopped worrying about the raw ideas in front of me and it let them grow. It's difficult to do but try it. I love writing when I'm half awake at 2 in the morning. I'm so tired that I don't even care about how I sound in my writing. When I wake up, and it's something good, it's a great feeling. If I wake up and it's shit, I move on. :lol:

And that's my rant, good bye Random Thoughts thread, I'll be back in another 6 months bc that's basically how often I post here

12. Michele

FINALLY ONE DAY SUMMER HERE <3

Captain-EO likes this.
  13. Modern Guitar God

Thank you Suj and RyRy. Very nice advice indeed.

One of my issues is that I compare myself to the musicians I listen to, which is unfair. Everyone starts somewhere and I'm kind of looking at musicians through rose-tinted glasses. Plus, I don't have the experience and gear that they have, so of course I might sound inferior right now. But I also may be overly self-critical. I need to be more reasonable with how I approach and perceive things.

RyRy, I like what you said in your post. About just writing without thinking about it. Probably the biggest enemy of creativity is thinking too much. I'll have something in mind and think that it's wrong before I even try.

A lot of this kind of comes from other aspects of my life right now. Am going through a lot of shitty things and it's effecting the way I take on everything.

Captain-EO likes this.
  14. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

28 days and five shades of lighter hair from being in the sun all the time...hello civilization.

15. Michele

Welcome back dude <3

Captain-EO likes this.
  16. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

CHRIS! Where've you been dude?

Captain-EO likes this.
  17. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I've been in Arkansas as a volunteer worker at a summer camp for the past four weeks.

18. Modern Guitar God

[video=youtube;9Nv0e07PUn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nv0e07PUn4[/video]

Some of the worst news I've ever heard tbh. I knew his time was coming but it's still sad. I looked up to him a lot as someone who loves fashion.

R.I.P. Bill Cunningham

Captain-EO likes this.
  19. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

So the past few days I've decided to kinda diet myself and run more to lose fat, so I've been eating less for my main meals and if I eat an actual lunch, I don't have a snack. But oddly enough when dinner comes, I'm full after one helping of everything, when previously when I snacked and ate more throughout the day, I'd be getting seconds and sometimes even thirds. Is this normal that this is happening? Bc at the end of dinner, I'm genuinely full and can't eat any more at all, when I thought I'd be eating away after a day of eating less.

Captain-EO likes this.
  20. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

What the fuck is VBulletin? This site on mobile is so awkward.