Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Bump because guys. GUYS.
    [video=youtube;vBiGXrDCKw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiGXrDCKw4[/video]

[​IMG]

2. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Why are MMA and wrestling in the same thread :dafuq:

3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Cena with the U.S. Championship was a good move in my opinion because he finally gets to help out rising super stars. Seeing him get involved with NXT stars is great because it is really helping that brand out. His match with Sami Zayne was really good and Kevin Owen's run in with him was really awesome. It let both of those guys characters shine in their own way. Also, SAMOA JOE!

4. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Does anyone watch it? I don't know what happened but last time I was an active member here, we had a Wrestling/MMA thread. I'm sure it's here somewhere, but I don't want to necropost and bump an old topic. I might be the only person here that watches WWE or New Japan or Lucha Underground, but, hey, I'll talk to my self. Won't be the first or last time...

Anyway, Takeover: Dallas is on Friday, and WrestleMania is on Sunday. Here are the cards. One of these is not like the other....

Takeover: Dallas (April 1st)
    NXT Title: Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn (!!!!!)
    NXT Womens Title: Bayley (c) vs. Asuka
    NXT Tag Team Titles: Dash & Dawson (c) vs. American Alpha
    Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin

WrestleMania 32 (April 3rd)
    WWE World Title: Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns
    HELL IN A CELL: The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon
    NO HOLDS BARRED: Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
    WWE Divas Title: Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks
    Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles
    WWE IC Title, LADDER MATCH: Kevin Owens (c) vs Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn vs The Miz vs Stardust vs Sin Cara vs Zack Ryder
    WWE US Title: Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback
    The League of Nations vs. The New Day
    --PRESHOW--
    The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos
    Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    Natalya, Paige, Brie Bella, Alicia Fox & Eva Marie vs. Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer & Emma

5. Abel

1. FEAR THE MONSTER MATANZA CUETO.
    2. I'm excited to watch WrestleMania 32 this Sunday, if only to see how much of a trainwreck it is once Roman beats HHH for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
    3. Out goes CM Punk (my favorite wrestler in the entire world), in comes AJ freaking Styles (my 2nd favorite wrestler in the entire world). Seeing AJ on WWE TV is still super weird.

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

1. I'm about 4 episodes behind on Lucha Underground, might get caught up today. I hope Matanza lives up to the hype they built up on Season 1, but I don't think anyone on that show can replace Mil as my favorite.

2. That's pretty much the only reason I'm excited for WM32. It'll be a glorious trainwreck, especially if that match closes the show. Reigns will be celebrating, closing out their biggest show of the year (as a babyface) being drowned out by boos. Yes please.

3. CM Punk was my favorite wrestler too, but I'm happy that he's happy. I'm excited to see him debut in the UFC, whenever that might be. I never cared for AJ Styles, but his run in New Japan last year got me really interested (even if Bullet Club without Prince Devitt sucks) and by the time he signed with WWE and debuted at the Rumble, I was marking out hard. Plus, his theme music might be in the top 3 of the company. Badass song.

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Agreed 100%. I doubt he'll be on RAW, but given how special the RAW after WrestleMania has come to be, I really hope he is. Just for a one-off match, then he can go back down to the real big leagues.

I should have watched that match 40 times instead of spending 4 or 5 hours watching WrestleMania last night. What a shitshow.

9. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

10. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Lesnar-Mir 3 seems almost inevitable.

EDIT: Totally spaced on Mir facing a drug suspension.

Holy shit UFC 199, though. Henderson taking out Lombard with a head-kick-to-back-elbow-to-flying-nuclear-elbow-drop combo was batshit enough, but then Bisping fucking KOs Rockhold in the first round. I was so amped after all of that, I couldn't even sleep.

11. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I love that Lesnar's returning to UFC to have a match before CM Punk even had his first fight :lol:

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

R.I.P Kimbo. I remember watching some of his backyard fighting vids with my brother in the mid 2000s, time flies. His death is so sudden and unexpected. 42 is way too young and 2016 needs to ease it up a bit.

Also, I don't know what to think of Hunt vs Lesnar. Hunt hits like a Goddamn truck. I'm just glad he's not fighting out of shape Frank Mir or some jobber like I was expecting they would give him, this is actually a tough match up for him. After his WWE persona, it'd be hilarious to seem him get knocked out here.

13. Snail

[video=youtube;3D6bBQNUS64]https://www.youtube.com/3D6bBQNUS64[/video]​

14. Abel

[video=youtube;GG6y-5OYc_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6y-5OYc_0[/video]​

15. Minus

Mods, should probably merge this thread with this one to reduce on duplicates.

In any case, favorite wrestling entrance music? I'm still partial on Shinsuke Nakamura, though Jericho's music has definitely stood the test of time. I also love that Seth Rollins has gone back to the earlier version of his theme. That guitar at the beginning is fucking sick.

16. Tim

Lol, Jon Jones.

17. Snail

[​IMG]

**UPDATE**

- 07/09/2016 -

The undercard was entertaining. Thank goodness for Cain, Jose, and Frankie. Otherwise, the main card was a bust.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  18. Tim

Lol, Brock Lesnar.

19. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Authors of Pain have a pretty cool theme.

BOBBY ROODE.

20. Minus

Glorious Domination is my morning alarm tone. It is a very good way to wake up in the morning.

But Shinsuke still has top marks in the entrance music department for me, especially with that live violin intro from TakeOver: Brooklyn II.