Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I love how the writers went pedal-to-the-metal this season. They've pulled no punches. There's been at least one twist every episode. I don't know how they keep doing it. As far as I'm concerned, Agents is one of the five best shows on TV at the moment, if not the best.

The next three and a half months are going to be brutal.

2. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So the show just killed off two regulars in one episode.

This season hasn't been perfect, but it's just insane.

Also the pilot of Hunter and Mockingbird has been passed (again). Hopefully they manage to incorporate them back into the show.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  3. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

While I never really bought into Daisy and Lincoln's romance (and I've never really liked Lincoln as a character), that scene they had right before he and Hive got into space and blew up was extremely well done, even if it seemed a bit too much like that one scene in Captain America: The First Avenger that Cap had with Peggy Carter in the plane. And right after that, the scene with Lincoln and Hive might just be my favorite Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. scene ever. It was extremely poignant, and incredibly well done. Rather than have them needlessly try to kill each other, they had them coming to grips with their death, and it was really compelling.

On a final note, I LOVED the time jump. I love how this show, ever since season 2, has been more abitious and ballsy. They're not afraid to set up completely new scenarios. The jump was incredibly jarring, and I adore it for that. I wonder who the new S.H.I.E.L.D. director is. :hmm:

Oh, and the constant misdirection in the episode as to who would die was really great. :lol:

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  4. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Well, apparently AOS has been put on Tuesday 10 PM slot which supposedly might be a death sentence for the show. This sucks, man.

5. The Joesen One

It's probably because the show's approaching darker territory. Also, the ratings have been in the 3-4million mark, so I'm not surprised.

6. Will

That's their reasoning behind moving the show, but you can go back through ABC's history and see all the shows that failed either because they debuted in the Tuesday 10pm deathslot or were moved to the Tuesday 10pm deathslot. ABC knows what it's doing. Once Agents finishes this season, it can be syndicated, and then ABC can cancel it but still make shitloads of money off the show from said syndication.

I really, really hope that doesn't happen, but we'll have to wait and see. They've already canceled Agent Carter, passed on Most Wanted, and haven't said a word about John Ridley's project in almost a year, and Cloak & Dagger will be premiering on Freeform rather than ABC, so it seems from an outside perspective like ABC's trying to move all its Marvel TV shows off the network.

I can't see Agents moving to Freeform at all, so I'm hoping if (gods forbid) it does get canceled, Netflix works out a deal to pick it up.

7. The Joesen One

GHOST RIDER

It's confirmed: Gabriel Luna will join season 4 as Robbie Reyes, the new Ghost Rider, who drives a car instead of a motorcycle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Will

HOLY FUCK.

9. The Joesen One

[​IMG]

10. The Joesen One

Bumping up this thread to say that this season has been absolutely balls-to-the-wall amazing. The writing, acting and direction has just been consistently good and blows the past three seasons off the water.

Gibs likes this.
  11. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Season 4 is incredible dude. The Ghost Rider arc was one thing, but the L.M.D. arc was INCREDIBLE. The last episode for L.M.D. is by far, one of the best episodes they've ever done. This episode just proved even more how Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge are some of the best actors in the show. It's crazy to see how far their characters have come since season 1. The show literally gets better with each season. It's definitely the best comic-book show in television (Netflix doesn't count). They made such a smart move in splitting the season into 3 arcs, rather than one over-bloated story. The CW shows should take some notes.

Oh, and Mallory Jansen is fucking gorgeous.

The Joesen One likes this.
  12. The Joesen One

Mallory Jansen's role in the Framework pod will be Madame Hydra. :eek:

[​IMG]

13. The Joesen One

New Inhumans poster. I'd be excited for this, but the showrunner is the same showrunner of Iron Fist and the last few seasons of Dexter, so....

(and to think they pushed AOS to 2018 for this smh)

[​IMG]