Linkin Park in the studio with Blackbear

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 4, 2016.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Yeah thats true.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:D

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Ehh, i got some bad feelings with the last interviews, dont know why.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Yeah, except, you know, on the majority of their last studio album.

In that sense, I think LP7 will be a return to form.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd blame Mike Shinoda going full-on elitist hipster with his musical tastes in the post-A Thousand Suns era for this. About all he ever wants to talk about are fringe musicians that people haven't really heard of so he can act all proud about "knowing them before they were big" when the occasional one of them actually becomes a big deal...and then promptly turn around and act like they never existed shortly afterward, because as the band's resident hipster, he can't be talking about people after they're famous, after all. Remember how much he was ranting about Death Grips being amazing like 6-7 years ago? Seen him talk about them lately? No? Didn't think so.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That's really because of Filip. :kappa:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

You usually have a great contribution to a discussion but this whole post is just plain fucking wrong.

"Resident hipster". Goes on tour with Of Mice and Men, not really Toro y Moi or something. "Full-on elitist hipster". Makes pop music for angsty teenagers. "Fringe musicians that people haven't really heard of." Yeah, never fucking heard of Aesop Rock, Schoolboy Q and Kendrick fucking Lamar.

Also, Mike Shinoda wearing a Death Grips T-Shirt right around the release of "The Powers That B", in April 2015.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Never seen Astat snap like that

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

:kappa: ?

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Huh, I never had that impression with Mike. I thought it was more to do with me not really paying attention to the "popular" or "current" music scene. I feel that my current music tastes are neither of these, and are more of niches, mainly due to the songs being older, as well as the music not being from my country.

To clarify, I have been listening to a lot of Rammstein lately, and they (as a band) have not put out a studio album since 2009, not counting their "Made In Germany" compilation/best of album from 2011. The only thing that counts as new material from anyone in the band is Till Lindemann's side project "Lindemann", released recently.

Back on topic, I really don't get the impression that Mike is trying to be an elitist or a hipster, or anything related. He seems to be attempting to reach out to musicians/artists that he sees value in when it comes to collaborations or other ideas for music. I do commend him for getting further out of his (and LP's) comfort zone, though I can't help but wonder, is the entire band on board with all of these collaborations or partnerships with other artists? We as fans definitely know that not all the members of LP are always on board at the same time with ideas even for their own original albums (albums that do not feature any collaborations).

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Pretty sure Mike would spit out his water laughing at this post if he read it. Liking lesser known artists does not make you an automatic hipster.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Word up

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Translation: Derek the hipster is offended that people would boil down his hipster status to something so trivial. Being a hipster takes hard work, and Astat's post doesn't even begin to cover it.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Lol I can see why someone would say that Mike is a little bit hipster, but he appreciates too much mainstream stuff to really wear the title imo. He's just really proactive about finding new music.

Debol

Debol Dustin Whitelock

I was so much surprised when I heard it's Blackbear on the new album of LP. I first heard him in the Machine Gun Kelly Album "Lace Up" on the track "End of the Road". That song was not going to be a great display of his artistry, as he was just featured on the chorus. Next when a friend shared this song 'idfc' on google plus when he went through a break-up, the song blew up my mind.
    At first, I thought he was just another artist, I didn't find much individuality, but 'idfc' was like bang on the haters.

So, yes. I am excited for this LP album.
    I like JB and G-Eazy too, so I know that he has worked on some of my fav tracks, without me even knowing him back then.

SO BLACKBEAR IS A WIN, MIKE!!! :shinado:

Orena

Orena LP soldier, Writer

One thing I know for sure: they have never let me down. Personally, I don't like the idea of so many collaborations, since we know they're perfectly capable of working on their own. However, even on their seventh album they find it interesting to learn from other artists, and evolve as musicians themselves.

On another note, does anyone ever wonder if we'll ever get to listen to some of the demos the band made before The Hunting Party became, well, The Hunting Party? Always been curious.

Bobby

Bobby Yo

Linkin Park being Linkin Park. However the final product will turn out I am sure it will sound great and different. This is why people get so exited before a new LP album, noboy knows what it will sound like.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]