The Avenged Sevenfold thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by IronDust71, Oct 14, 2016.

IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

I have the feeling that M. Shadows and his friends are not really beloved around here. :nokappa:
    Yesterday, the band released The Stage, the first single of their upcoming album Voltaic Oceans which is planned to release Dec. 9 of this year !

Moreover I'm surprised I haven't found any thread for the band yet, I will add some informations later !

Do you like the song ? Are you looking forward to the new album ?

Iopia and Michele like this.
    Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Lovely video! The song isn't bad either. I'm not a huge A7X fan but I'll keep an eye on this.

IronDust71 likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

The album came out today as a surprise release, if anyone's interested (although technically it was leaked yesterday).

Listened to it twice over, and I'm really loving it. It's not as catchy as the last two albums, but it's got the interesting twists and turns that were desperately missing from Hail to the King; trumpets, synths, classical guitar breaks, big string sections, pianos, etc., all while staying beautifully heavy throughout (except for Roman Sky, which is absolutely beautiful by the way). Brooks Wackerman's drum work is fantastic, he definitely stepped up to the plate on his debut for the band, and the guitar work is as always a pleasure to listen to. Definitely an album worth checking out if you're interested in their style of music.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I have been an A7x fan for many years, been through all their different stages. This album isn't as catchy as the latest albums, it's more technical, needs a few listens to really get in completely.
    And I'm really enjoying it. It grows on me with every full listen and almost every song is really good. Great work from the guys once again. And the drummer is definitely a real upgrade.

Iopia likes this.