Linkin Park Shares Clip #1 'Piano' on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Totally agree, if LP had released another Living Things instead, they could've easily doubled their sales. I wouldn't have wanted them to do that, but it's important to recognise that their drop in popularity is intentional, with albums like ATS and THP that the band themself knew would fare worse commercially than previous records. If they had continued pumping out songs like What I've Done and Numb, they almost certainly would be "bigger" now, but the guys made a conscious decision to trade popularity for artistic freedom, and honestly, I wouldn't still be a fan of the band if they hadn't made that choice. :lol:

Great point. It's all well and fine to find a band or two from the early 2000s that are doing better than LP right now, but it's very true that the vast, vast majority of bands from even 5 years ago, let alone 15, have dropped off the face of the earth far faster than LP ever will. It's almost hard to think of examples because of how forgotten they are.

I'm Irish haha, I just used US figures because they're far, far easier to find. :lol:

Sasuke likes this.
  2. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Lost In The Echo charted #95 on billboard hot 100 on the same week Living Things was out, so, before it became a single.
    That single release was really a mess. (I hate that music video to be honest)

3. NegaBBB

NegaBBB Member

Did someone see the snippet on the coalition site, what do you think is it fake?

4. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Totally fake

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Sounds fake

6. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

fake!

7. lukiaffe

lukiaffe Active Member

wait I thought the teasers were daily? or is it 1 per week? well 7 more weeks to go boiiss!!

no but for real where are the rest of the teasers? why release 1 video and hype it up only to never post follow up teasers?

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I think the teasers will only come on weekdays not on weekends

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The one posted a few days ago with Mike incoherently rapping? It's just sliced up bits of Mike's verses from "Lost in the Echo".

10. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I honestly think that we'll get maybe 2 teasers per week I guess. I can't see the band putting up teasers daily, like they want us to analyze every single one and to share it as much as possible. I even think that it's a smarter move than to upload teasers every day, but that's just my opinion. And I think that the single will be out maybe late February, or early March. I hope I'm wrong, just trying to be realistic.

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

It coming next week guys chill

12. Minty Loops

Minty Loops Well-Known Member

I just uploaded a 40 second remix of this. It might not be much but I wanted to share it here.

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

That would make sense if there was actually something to analyse. There is nothing on this video other than Mike playing the piano and singing inaudible lyrics. We can only speculate the rest.

I keep my suspicion that not all of 7 remaining teasers are youtube clips. Some may not be a snippet at all. But that's my hunch.

14. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Nice! I know it's really simple, but it's always fun to hear what people can do with even the shortest of snippets.

Deliveranze likes this.
  15. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Really dope! I like it alot.

16. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Who's to say if it's even the single. Probably just an indication of what the band has been working on and have talking about.

Bane likes this.
  17. blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

Maybe "1 of 8" doesn't mean that all of these 8 "things" will be clips or something like teasers, but maybe the next things from these eight will be something totally different. For example: "2 of 8" will be a new single, "3 of 8" will be a artwork for new album, etc. And finally "8 of 8" will be a new album, in April, for example. :D
    When I saw the clip of Mike playing piano I immediately thought that it's a promotion around a new single but if we didn't get anything yesterday and today I think it could be already a promotion around new album.

Modern Guitar God, thor and Bane like this.
  18. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

It's quite possible that these snippets are going to be a variety of teasers for the album and not just the single. If this is the case, we can expect snippets to release at a slower rate.

19. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

The chord progression in "Piano" reminded me of Lana Del Rey's music. Definitely wanna hear more snippets like these.

20. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Seriously though, do we really need 8 clips for a single. Wouldn't make sense if you ask me.