abortion...yes or no?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by acetaminophen, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

So you're saying I got Cancer because God wanted attention? Sorry bud. The reason I questioned Gods existance is because I have this disease.

If one day every disease known was wiped out, perhaps than I would believe. But until than, I'll keep questioning his existance. [/b][/quote]
    Do you really have cancer? That's sad. :( Abortion should be allowed because people have the right to make decisions.

2. EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

i totaly agree with you on this

3. Ah, that's right. Someones head might be bitten off. lol.

And I agree with you, Keaton. Many of us who have had bad things happen to us never diserved it. And if God does exist and is the cause of it, than he truely is a bully. And he has lost respect from me, as well. [/b][/quote]
    So God should pay for our mistakes?

To digress a bit, I can see why some people would question God's existence but honestly, you can't blame God for everything. Yes, cancer is bad, wars are bad, 9/11 was awful, but none of these were caused by God. Man caused these things and man alone has to take responsibility for them. I hate to sound all preacher-like but playing the blame game won't get people anywhere. Your belief in God can't be selective - you either believe in him or not. You can't choose to believe in him when things are going your way and then disown him the next minute when sh*t happens. Good stuff doesn't always happen to good guys and the bad guys get away with everything. It's strange that life doesn't work out the way WE want it to but it's all a big trial, I guess. Just try and get the bigger picture. I'm just offering a Christian perspective. Hope I didn't offend anyone. :wth:

4. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Man didnt create cancer or other diseases. "God" did.

5. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

The whole time of this discussion, Burning Nineveh was saying that God is, indeed, the cause of all these things. I'm just saying if he were, that I don't see how that is a way to make people turn to him.

6. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

The whole time of this discussion, Burning Nineveh was saying that God is, indeed, the cause of all these things. I'm just saying if he were, that I don't see how that is a way to make people turn to him. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. Until the point where Burning made it seem that God 'punishes' us for our 'mistakes,' I had no problem with God or it's believers, but if this is what they believe, that's really wrong. Also, Burning said that God caused 9/11 because he wanted them to pay attention to him. I almost lost family members in 9/11, so what, would killing them mean I'd turn to him when I don't believe to begin with? I've never blamed God for my problems, and I've lived with heartbreaking problems my entire life. I've blamed myself a lot telling myself I was never good enough (or whatever it may be), but then Burning claims that God does these things to us because we've made bad desicions/mistakes in life. In my life, I've yet to see anything I've really done wrong for me to suffer so much, thusly a new disreguard for God. I don't mean to offend, but when someone tells me I deserve the heartbreak I continuously have, when I've never provoked negative actions on purpose, then I say screw that. Again, I don't mean to offend, but that's really, really hurtful at the same time because me, personally, have never been one to want to do anything bad on purpose, though I know I've made bad decisions.

I guess I just don't understand religion. Again, though, I'd never had blamed God for my problems until now, because according to what Burning said, I deserve my discouraging life and even if I've never blamed God to begin with, I still deserve this type of life? Only recently have I questioned God's existance because my life never takes an up, and I always wonder why I can never be given something more. My entire family is religious, because good things have constantly happened to them (I guess), but yet, I am the opposite and I started to question him. I now think God plays favorites if he exists. It's always people like me who have the worse of things, and yes, this may be hard for some of you to realize because you don't know my past, but I can assure you it's been nothing of greatness.

Sure, I can 'thank God' for having me be born, but hell, think about it, I was just a strong enough sperm to get to my mother's egg (sorry to be so graphic). Again, there's a lot in my past no one here knows, but to tell me I'm fourtunate that God's given me life is hard to comprehend because men produce millions of sperm a day, and well, uh... Each carries it's own personallity, so where does 'life' really come? Should I be happy my parents had sex or that God made them have sex? Again, I'm probably missing something because this doesn't add up to me when I think about it.

I guess I'll stop now, I'm going off topic, though this ties in to abortion a bit. Though many get abortions frequently, those decisions depend on the people/person/people around them. Sometimes you can't help it, sometimes you can. It's all judged on you as a person to make a change. But again, sometimes it's hard.

7. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

dudes... chill... well i dont even have the right to say that. but you know that talking about God creates tension. mhm.

8. OggeM

OggeM Ambient

It's up to them

9. Link04

Link04 Ambient

yeah, I do most of my logical thinking on the crapper too :p

but jesus isn't an icon in all religions. christianity and catholosim (all branches and forms of both) yeah, but in judiasm, islam, buddism, ect, he's nothing [/b][/quote]
    To your last statement...Islam believes in Jesus as a credible prophet, not the Messiah, but on the same plane as Moses and Abraham. And Catholicism is part of Christianity.

10. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Okay guys, what's the point of bringing God, Allah, Moise, and all that gang in a subject about abortion?! You may believe whatever you want, but if your god doesn't practice surgery, I don't really see how he can help you not having the baby! Damn, it's just logic!

Now, about what i think about abortion: I'd say it must be allowed to everybody, not that I think it. What I mean is that if there was a law where abortion is allowed for raped woman and accidents it would have the same effects as if there was a law allowing abortion for everybody. Seriously guys, what we do better than anything else is lying so it's so easy for the poor girl to tell she had an accident, the condom blew up or whatever! And I don't think teh government will be willing to pay judges to decide if teh woman is lying or not! Also, in the case of rape: If the rape isn't proved? If the guy never gets in jail for what he did, does it mean that the woman has to keep the baby? Let me laugh, illegal clinics will be created, the only difference with today being that it'll cost you three times more than now (that is if you do it in private clinics)!

Tsss trying to control abortion is just as trying to control drugs; it's a lost cause!

11. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well, many peoples morals are deeply routed and inspired by their religion, therefore, I feel it's very relevant. A baby in the womb is a person to me. Killing a person, especially one so helpless and innocent as a fetus, is wrong in my book. It's murder. IMO.

12. Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

It depends on the situation. Some people use abortion as birth control. That is totally wrong! If it is rape or unwanted sex, then I believe that it is ok in those emergency situations. If you have unsafe sex as a teenager and you were aware of the consequences, then I guess the person is saying that he is responsible enough to have the baby, even though they might not be. I don't think that abortion should be illegal, but people should be able to control themselves of sex until they are older.

I don't think religion should be involved with this. Suppose someone was raped. Should they be looked down upon if they went through abortion? No.

13. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

yes i agree. abortion isnt like condoms or something, for f*ck's sake.

14. I quite agree with you, but let it be a reminder that absolute morality can be a dangerous thing. :rolleyes:

15. Link04

Link04 Ambient

I quite agree with you, but let it be a reminder that absolute morality can be a dangerous thing. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Amen to that.

16. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Amen to that. [/b][/quote]
    lollies. :lol: im not sure if it was a joke but i found it funneys.

i still think abortion is good in some cases...

17. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, i agree too. I think that as soon as the cells has melt together, it's a person. And killing a person is a crime. Though i understand raped people. It's not their choice to be pregnant.

For everyone:
    By the way, what has God to do with this? i think that you can hurt someone elses feelings if you talk about God in that way.

18. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Yeah, i agree too. I think that as soon as the cells has melt together, it's a person. And killing a person is a crime. Though i understand raped people. It's not their choice to be pregnant.

For everyone:
    By the way, what has God to do with this? i think that you can hurt someone elses feelings if you talk about God in that way. [/b][/quote]
    i think that religion does have something to do with abortion. if you're catholic or whatever, abortion is a sin... but even though im catholic i still believe its good in some cases.