Linkin Park Clip #5 'Drum Idea' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

Just thought of something.

Maby in the 7'th video , the URL will be

''one more''
    And the final video, will be the official video itself?(we remember the drone footage)

Maby i could be wrong. Just a random thought.

Kevin likes this.
  2. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Even though it's Burn it Done-esque I can absolutely guarantee it will be better bevause if they actually focused on lyrics like they said there's no way it'll be as dumb as BID.

3. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Rob is so talented on the drums. I wish the rest of the guys were as good as he is on their respective instruments

4. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

That actually sounds perfectly logical

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Sounds good to me :D

Taylor Swift is the jam! And Biebs has definitely gotten better over the course of his career
    Honestly, Nu metal is honestly a genre that should have never existed. I don't say this about any other genre but there are few artists who pull off nu-metal well.

On top of that, the albums that were pulled off well did not stand the test of time. For example, I used to listen to multiple nu-metal artists but especially would listen to Papa Roach and Hollywood Undead a lot. In 2017, their albums do not sound good anymore. I never find myself listening to them. I've never had the issue of standing the test of time in a genre except for Nu-Metal. I'm even one who always says good music is good music no matter when it was released, where you are listening, and what time of year you are listening. But for some reason Nu-Metal outside of Linkin Park's first two albums and Staind just never stuck around for me.
    Logical but I hope you are wrong.

I'd rather it be One Month so I can get the album faster :D

2017 has been amazing for singles so far but it's been lacking in albums so I need something to come along soon

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

This, basically. Like when "Viva la Vida" was accused of plagiarism by MULTIPLE artists. There is an undeniable similarity to "Mirror" and a bit of a Coldplay-ish influence here, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was intentional. Even if it was, music artists take inspiration or sample other artists work all the time, and there's nothing wrong with it imo.

I think that's a reasonable guess, same with "one month".

7. Blake

Logical but I hope you are wrong.

I'd rather it be One Month so I can get the album faster :D

2017 has been amazing for singles so far but it's been lacking in albums so I need something to come along
    It's 2017, almost everything is plagiarized to some degree, even if it may be unintentional. This is why I hate when artists sue other artists over it.

8. Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

9. Blake

So I finally listened to the video and I'm getting MTM vibes!

YES!!!!!!!! I would love another album like MTM!!!!!

Sasuke likes this.
  10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Why is it so hard for people to just enjoy music? Man, some of you guys whine way too much.

11. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

We're holding a contest to be the next Roger Ebert, but of music instead. :kappa:

12. Noenemy

Noenemy Member

So "Meat and Potatoes" will be the album title then?

blackout. likes this.
  13. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I like the progression I hear through the clips although I was at first hoping for a way simpeler sound. It's LP doing their thing once again so hats off.
    very curious about what will have changed and how the song will sound eventually.

Also... with every critic complaining about new LP stuff I just want the band to polarize a bit more. Rooting for these guys asks for looking beyond liking or disliking this or that music-style imo. Right up my alley.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  14. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Ok so every LP album has heavy tracks. No More Sorrow on MTM, Victimized on LT, Wretches And Kings on ATS and hopefully one or two on LP 7.

Based on that clip I really wonder how they'll combine that sound with screaming and heavy lyrics? (pun not intended)

For some weird reason that actually makes me hyped the most for the album :music:

15. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I just got home and listened with headphones.

My biggest thought is how perfectly suited Mike's singing voice is for this type of sound. I hope he gets a lot of lead performances on the album.

Bane likes this.
  16. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

A very chill vibe from this little teaser. However I'm a bit underwhelmed by this. Im not going to say LP needs to go to GUITRZ and DR00MS again like in THP because for me the hunting party felt like the band was stagnating and not fully using their creative abilities. I just want a album that was different from the last while still sounding interesting(Like ATS) and i do hope there are more layers to the finished version of "Heavy"(Like some strings that you can actually hear).
    Ultimately I'm looking for a ATS+MTM+LT kinda album

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I would've said the opposite of this like a year or two ago, but for this album, I'd prefer Mike singing over rapping. Have him rap on at most like 2-3 tracks, I'd rather him save that for something like Fort Minor. I used to not care for his singing, but he's improved a lot and his baritone voice provides a nice contrast to Chester's more higher pitched voice. I want a track on this that's just him on it without Chester, or at least one where he's the forefront.

18. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I hope Chester's singing style is soft yet powerful on this album, like that Rolling In The Deep cover, arguably his best performance ever.

Bane, kiwipunx, Alexrednex and 2 others like this.
  19. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I wanna disagree with you but your bio says "I'm gonna drive you into your own anus." which is not something I'd really want to happen to me so I guess you're right

Ree, kiwipunx and Michele like this.
  20. kiwipunx

kiwipunx Part-time ninja turtle.

I hope that the final song has that instrumental with some cool guitars. Not heavy, just a nice relaxing harmony. Kinda like the guitars in Drawbar. I want something poppy but weird and hypnotic!

Hoping for the best. :kappa: