Linkin Park Clip #5 'Drum Idea' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 10, 2017.

1. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I'm going to talk for myself, but maybe someone else feels the same. I think is because Linkin Park is my favorite band and I always want to have perfect and unique albums from them. Mainly, because I know that they are capable of doing it. I consider them creative and talented musicians.

2. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

It's a Linkin Park fansite what'd you expect

CDXVIII, Deliveranze and Sasuke like this.
  3. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

We have "In Between" from MTM. On my mind, I was thinking of something like in the vein of the acoustic version of Final Masquerade. That's the kind of chill vibe I'm looking for. Simple but beautiful.

RapidGunner and Sasuke like this.
  4. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Yes! Agreed. I would love to hear something along the lines of the acoustic version. The harmonies are great on that track.

5. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

I'm really liking what we've heard so far. I've always preferred their softer side, can't wait to hear the rest.

Sasuke likes this.
  6. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I was really hoping they would build around songs like KTTK, Mark the graves, war and ALITS, especially mark the graves
    that was really experimental as far as guitars and drums. As much as i hate ATS with a passion, ALITS had that mix of ATS and HT/M which i really enjoyed.

7. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yep, exactly. Any criticism is because we all love the band and want them to do well, not because we want to jump on the hate bandwagon of any little change they make to their sound.

Personally, I love the sound, but as always I prefer their more experimental and unusual tracks to their singles. By the sounds of it, I'll like this song much more than BID (unless they add a big wall of gitarz™ and one of the worst rap verses Mike's ever recorded :lol:), which makes me happy, but I'm just hoping that there're only 2 or 3 "pop" tracks on the album, with the rest being anything from ambient/chill to Blackout-esque electro craziness (assuming it's going to be mostly electronic based). Basically I just want that Mall sound haha.

Oh, and interludes. Interludes make me happy.

HybridT and Sasuke like this.
  8. HybridMothership

HybridMothership Member

Idk where this fits into my playlist because i have just got into some hardcore stuff and then this comes along. IDK

9. Knt.Slbs

When the acoustic version of Final Masquerade was released 2 years ago, I was like, "I bet this is the new direction they're heading to for LP7" .
    I don't hate the preview, it's just so underwhelming.

10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

A lot of the fan base over-analyzes what the band says themselves sometimes. Like right now, everyone is expecting an all-out pop record because the word was mentioned once in a small clip. Just like with Living Things, people thought we were going to get a straight up folk album. There's also other examples, but I don't need to get into that.

TheInterframe likes this.
  11. Knt.Slbs

Because after ATS, we're expecting something consistent, solid record.. If they want to pull off folk record then focus on that aspect, do not throw some tracks like BID, IMR or LGM. If you know what I mean.

12. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I love these synth notes! Reminded me of Burn It Down and Coldplay's Paradise. Can't wait to hear the full track.

13. AussieLP

AussieLP Member

This sound is different, and will challenge me to broaden my taste and discover similar artists. I am okay with that.

OH wait was I meant to complain and chastise a whole albums worth of material after hearing a small snippet of a demo?

Sorry guys I'm not doing the 'LP Fan' thing so well :(

Bane likes this.
  14. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Sounds to me like some kind of organ.

15. JacobM

JacobM Member

Yes it sounds like certain songs but to me this sounds spacy almost I think what can set this song apart is the vocals bid was great but the vocals sound stagnant no emotion.....I think we are going to be surprised i love how they work each member plays his idea of the sound that they think should go into the song how bout a bass and guitar video maybe an acoustic maybe we can get a stra8gut Hahn track like cfti I just get excited listen to any l.p. album wether u like it or not u can't deny its always fucking great LT has a cohesive very solid songs and if u listen there is always a story look at the summoning that was like the holy shit this THP is tearing my face off KTTK just kicks your ass screw lyrics THP is a kick has heavy metal record MTG was great this album will tell a different story always does MTM was about death ATS was just wow LT was about different emotions look at that album LGM and victimized were not pop and th UIG probably my least fav let just hope we don't get the extra bonus tracks and then find out there just 7 live tracks if we get bonus tracks let them be a bonus or some demos from the album or an acoustic version of a song or a making of DVD or a track by track review with the band anyway I've gone on long enough love linkin park there using one song that don't get my juices flowing head bobbing heals my soul

16. JacobM

JacobM Member

Oh and my December probably my fav

17. JacobM

JacobM Member

They were making pop records before pop records were cool man what about a a Chinese flute song like nobody's listening again that would be dope

18. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I hope Linkin Park can achieve greatness exploring this new direction.

HybridT likes this.
  19. Artur

Artur Member

i love all but vocal

20. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Yup it's pretty much what I expected it to sound like. Another day, another bland/safe and whiny LP ballad with tired and cliched lyrics.