Official Lyrics Revealed for Linkin Park's New Single 'Heavy', February 16th Release Confirmed

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2017.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park have revealed the lyrics for their brand new single 'Heavy' via Genius today. They also wrote an article which details that the single will be officially releasing on February 16th, this Thursday. We also know from today's clip and this article's confirmation that the song will also feature female vocals from Kiiara. You can read the lyrics below.

UPDATE: Mike Shinoda has revealed via Twitter that 'Heavy' was written in collaboration with Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter while Emily Wright recorded vocals.

Whilst it may seem a little unorthodox to reveal the full lyrics to the song before it's out, Linkin Park have been releasing clips via LinkinPark.com for over a week that have shown the song being worked on. They had a similar strategy of putting out lyrics before music during the A Thousand Suns album cycle when they revealed The Catalyst lyrics through puzzles on their website.

Linkin Park's new single 'Heavy' has not been given an official release date but is expected by the end of the week.

Edit: Kiiara posted a short clip of herself singing a few lines from Verse 2 of 'Heavy' on Twitter. This clip was retweeted by Linkin Park.

What do you think of the lyrics for Heavy? Let us know on the forums!

Source: Genius via Linkin Park | Mike Shinoda Twitter

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Hmm

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Ah nice! A confirmed release date

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That was written by some random dude and has been up a week. Whilst it's 99% likely it's not from the band.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

"Linkin Park Featuring Kiiara" - Kiiara confirmed!

Edit: Meh. Not feeling the lyrics. Hopefully the song ends up good!

Avo and Minty Loops like this.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

*pukes*

These are some of the most uninspired lyrics the band has ever written. I can't believe how bad they are.

Avo, Captain-EO and Brandon like this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I don't agree

Narc85 likes this.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

All I can say is the lyrics are just really sad.

I was hoping eventually the band would sing more uplifting songs or turn sadness around songs like Robot Boy or Waiting For The End

Twintendo

Twintendo Member

SKIN TO BONE would like to have a word with you...

Narc85 and Bane like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yikes.

Oh well. I'm not a lyric person anyway. Bring on the sound.

Pop structure confirmed as well.

Bane, Alexrednex, Vic and 1 other person like this.
    A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Robot Boy is spinning in his grave right now. It's OK little buddy, you still the best!

Avo and Zane like this.
    Luke

I didn't say they were the worst... :lol:

Twintendo likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Merr...I usually agree with you on a lot of things, but I don't agree here. Yeah they're not groundbreaking but I'm not in agreement that they're 'bad'. They're the same kind of typical, accessible lyrics the band has written for 17 years now. Nothing crazy spectacular, nothing terrible. Just...there.

Narc85 and Captain-EO like this.
    Vic

Vic No game no life

I'm feeling a leak soon :shifty:, also, why the hell Kiiara deleted her Twitter? I guess she couldn't take the pressure of LP fans asking her where the fuck the song is :lol:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Bane likes this.
    Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

You can't judge a song based purely off lyrics. Midnight City isn't a particularly well-written song, but it's an amazing piece of music. I will say however that these lyrics are grade school level. Really wish they'd stop writing broad, all encompassing lyrics and be more wordy.

Avo and Noenemy like this.
    BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I don't mind them, it's funny with the melody that is out there I feel like I could almost hear how they sound. I feel like it will be an easy song to sing along with live which is what most bands go for with their big lead single.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I...admittedly gave up on the idea of expecting good lyrics from Linkin Park years ago. :lol: Not that they aren't capable of them, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised from time to time than get my hopes up and be let down the majority of the time.

Bane and Brandon like this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Now, I am going to be honest. This is definitely not Shakespeare.
    But I don't really think the lead hit single needs to be more complex than what this song is. However, it doesn't sit right with me because of the whole "focus on the lyrics approach" that the band talked about. The lyrics just seem a bit too generic, even though I can see how this came from a personal conversation with Chester (some of the lyrics revolving about being "famous")
    On the other hand, this song will most likely not represent the rest of the album on that front, so I am not so worried.

I can easily imagine these lyrics getting stuck in my head with the right melody.
    Overall, not a deal breaker for me because it is just one out of many songs. If all the songs are this simple I will most likely start having a problem with it, however.

Bane likes this.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This seems like maybe it's trying too hard to capture this sort of "I won't apologize for being so fucked up" attitude that prevails in a lot of music/culture recently. This + the alt r&b/pop direction the album will likely have kinda makes it seem like the band is trying awfully hard to be hip.

The metaphors are also really random and I'm not sure they add anything, but at least they're consistent. Gravity, revolving, etc.

Luke

OK...but I thought they were specifically focusing on lyrical content this time around? I also though this new music was supposed to be riskier. I also thought they'd brought in other artists to help with such things.

Noenemy and Avo like this.