Cover Art Revealed for Linkin Park's New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 13, 2017.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I'm digging it. I hope we get the story behind the cover.

Bane likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Fuck yes. They're really stepping out of their normal boundaries for this one, its refreshing as fuck. I love it

deftonesfan867, Bane and mandylane like this.
    ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

Beautiful cover. Can't wait for the album to drop.

Bane, Sasuke and mandylane like this.
    Noenemy

Noenemy Member

Okay, never actually thought this would be the new album cover. Still needs to grow on me, as it looks a little bit to Instagram-ish. I do not like the filter applied to this photo, makes it look so flat. Just feels like a random photo to me but with a little nostalgia. That hopefully may change when I hear the content of the album, which should connect to it in a way. But it's something I didn't expect and thats definitely a good thing. Now I want to hear Linkin Parks emotional climax!

Edit: The longer I stare at this picture, the more I get excited for it. This will be so different.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Looks great. Loving the colours! It's pretty different for LP. It actually could be the cover art for some smooth Liquid Drum & Bass album.

Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

Pink Floyd style

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

The first bit of media from this album cycle that I can say I enjoy. Love the colors. It reminds me of Washed Out's "Life of Leisure". I'd post it here but I'm on mobile.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

This is literally the first time I've noticed there's water in MTM. I thought it was just rocks :dafuq:

TheoryOfXero and IronDust71 like this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

When I first saw the cover I thought it was just random kids on the coast. After a while though it seemed to me that they were Chester's kids . What's even more crazy about this cover and what blew my mind upon discovering it, is that the person with the long hair on the left isn't one of Chester's kids with long hair and shorts, it appears to actually be Chester's wife Talinda. The hair is just tied back and she has a kind of beach skirt on. You can also see some sort of bikini around her neck if you look close.

It's actually really crazy that this is the album cover, but looking back at what the band have been saying, especially Chester, it does make sense in a way. Chester said the album is about "life" and how the record is "personal". You don't get much more personal than putting your family on the cover. Chester is the most open band mate in regards to family, so having his family on the cover makes sense and he probably thinks it's something different and cool, I mean, having his family on an album cover is a really big gesture for how much they influence him and mean to him. I'm sure the other band member's feel the same in regards to their families so the cover is representative of where they are all at in life right now.

It also echoes back to how this album was built on lyrics. Chester probably wrote a shit load of them and they had a lot to do with family. It's not like he was just slotting in random words about pain after the fact. With all this in mind the connection to the album and the cover make sense and I don't dislike it like I thought I would when I first saw it.

The only thing that is confusing about it is that it's kind of inviting fans to discuss and learn about a band member's personal life because everyone is going to want to identify each and every person on the cover. Granted they're using a photo of the most open member's family and it's not overtly obvious it is his family but still, crazy to see that they would even consider this after years of separating the two.

Of course I could be wrong as fuck and these could all be models and I know jack shit.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the cover.

eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

I got you:

[​IMG]

Bane likes this.
    lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Cool , unexpected , too simple , that's it !
    It 's seems like an amateur band's choice pic for an album ... But It 's maybe the deep meaning ....

i like it but it non-LPISH to get used to..

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

6 kids in their bathing suits where you could see everything would be kinda weird. The washed out, dark, silhouette tone is much needed

DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

I hope you're right

I think this is right

Sasuke and UNiPersona like this.
    Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I really dig it, it looks very beautiful, nostalgic, totally unexpected, and I love the fact it has a lot of colour on it. Just hoping the album is not self-titled and they come up with a nice creative title.

Evan likes this.
    Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

What we know: The puzzle has been completed accurately. LPA Twitter (Derek?) posted the image claiming "Cover Art Revealed for Linkin Park's New Album." Linkin Park Twitter retweeted this tweet.

It's as obvious to me as to anyone that this retweet may very well confirm that this image is, in fact, the new album cover art. With all the different things flying around the internet today about Linkin Park, however, I've yet to see where any official Linkin Park source explicitly confirms in its own words that this is indeed the album cover art and not single cover art or something else entirely.

Did I miss explicit confirmation somewhere?

EDIT:
    I appreciate the sentiment here, but I think we can only assert 99% confirmation, at best, from this, unless LP said it themselves elsewhere. I'll take it, but I'm still inclined to wait for "official" confirmation.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    lpfaneki and IronDust71 like this.
    Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

This cover says a lot about the album. Soft and deep. Can not imagine songs like VICTMIZED and WAR in this recording

eunyoungg likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

What if the album title is..
    L.I.F.E. - LIVING IN FULL EXPERIENCE.

eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

:chrishansen:

Evan and Captain-EO like this.
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

2 years ago, the hunting party was revealed in April. We got the album 2 months later.

Do we have an April-May release date?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Interesting...