Linkin Park Clip #7 'Chester Vocals' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 14, 2017.

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I'm thinking the style of singing will be different in each chorus. I can see the song getting harsher and building up as it goes on which LP tends to do with some of their songs. Also the melody seems different between verse 1 and verse 2 which is very irregular. Check out the drum video and listen to how chester says i dont like my mind right now. Its different than the second verse.

Bane, Nisshin and Sasuke like this.
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Don't look at me, I didn't start the whole "One More Day" thing :)

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

This won't be linkin park last album

brady and Sasuke like this.
    Minty Loops

Minty Loops Well-Known Member

Does this remind anyone else of their 2010 demo TooLeGit? Mostly in the vocal style, rhythm, and definitely the bassline at the end.

Hishaminayat

Hishaminayat Active Member

Reminds me of the Rolling in the Deep cover.

Bane and Evan like this.
    Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Secretly this album is actually just full of covers and no new material

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Hey, if Chester's vocals in the album are anything like his Rolling In The Deep cover, I'm definitely not complaining.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

As perfectionists as they seems to be, i ve always thought that they are going to release 10 albums.
    Their age is another reason to make this comment.
    They are 40 year old man, there is not much time, and energy left to be touring and spending long studio hours.

And they are family people, they are wealthy enought to spend the rest of their lives caring about their families.

It is sad but i believe we can only will have LP for 10 years more.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Etari

Etari New Member

Sounds very catchy!! Reminds me a little of Coldplay's newer material.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think it's the flow of parts of the chorus and the entire flow of the verse that's bothering me. It just sounds off. Like they wrote the lyrics and then forced it onto the music.

Anyone else getting that?

Etari

Etari New Member

Sounds very catchy!! Reminds me a little of Coldplay's newer material.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

I feel the same way
    In addition, as another poster stated, his voice sounds too harsh for what we've heard so far. Hopefully they don't have him overdoing it like on the messenger. However, what they've shown is probably not a final take.

tripleh3lix likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I don't think that this is the final version. sounds like chester's raw vocal recording over the Instrumental version.

Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

No doubt the chorus melody is really great but im not sure whether i like the song.. like many others in this thread.
    Though im hyped !!

btw why is there no Train-Emoji:insecure:

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

That was the first thing that came to mind for me as well. It would be absolutely crazy and unexpected...

BUT I can see it making sense as well. Every album before Living Things seemed like a clear effort by the band to "prove themselves," and then they did LT which was more of a "throwback-style" record. Especially BID, which the band seemed to be in total denial of at the time, saying in multiple interviews that they did feel a personal connection to the song. But almost 5 years later it still holds its position as the most hated song the band has ever released. THP seemed to stem from the band realizing this, and would explain why so many people have referred to it as the result of a "mid-life crisis" moment they had. THP was "special", and it seems they tried to make it feel "genuine" (e.g raw vocals from Chester), but I don't think it actually was.

Which brings us to LP7, which is supposed to be genuine and "honest" and "the most personal album yet" from the band. This could signify that they've come to the conclusion that they can't keep making albums that are special, at least, not from a truthful place of their hearts. The band would probably keep touring for years to come, hoping that the cessation of new albums will enable fans to "catch up" with their new material and give LP7 staying power. If they actually feel as strongly about it as they say they do this time, I could see it being another reason for stopping.

Those are my 2 cents at least.

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Loving it so far. Definitely not the final mix though. The audio is clearly coming from the camera mic.

Sasuke likes this.
    Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

I love the beat. Great job Mike. I wonder how involved the other guys were in the actual producing of the beat. It definitely sounds like what THP was supposed to be. I'm getting a similar vibe to "Welcome".

I'd actually prefer it if Kiiara sang the second verse, with Chester singing the first verse and chorus alone, and then both of them harmonizing the rest of the song. Then again, I could be jumping to a conclusion too quickly. Can't wait to hear the final.

Sasuke likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

10 more years is a lot.

Don't know why that would make anyone sad. They would be 50 years old and that's old for a musician unless you are a metal band trying to stay relevant off your past, all the shots

Bane likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not supposed to do this, but I'm gonna end the speculation of the 'final album' right here because these disbandment rumors are silly. The One More has nothing to do with hinting this is their last album. It's unrelated to that entirely. And soon all of you will know what the last video is spelling out.

So in short: relax. This isn't the band's subtle way of saying they're breaking up lol.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

:samuel:

Iopia likes this.