Linkin Park Clip #7 'Chester Vocals' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 14, 2017.

1. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

I only just now realized you can quote two comments in one comment. I feel like a fool, my bad

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Many newbies do it lol. Don't feel bad :).

3. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Explain this lol. I don't understand.

Bane and Deliveranze like this.
  4. Bgrath

Bgrath Member

Damn his muscles. I am envious. Btw I've never really heard him vibrato his voice like that. This builds up the hype even more holy shit.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Some of the logic in this thread is seriously WTF worthy :lol:.

Honestly at this point, my thoughts on the previews are this: I feel the lyrics aren't the band's best and could be better. They're a little too angsty for my taste, but I also know based off of this clip that they are being 'delivered' in a fashion much different than what we're used to on a Linkin Park song. Some of the best songs have the most simplistic lyrics, but wonderful vocals...so I'm not letting the way the lyrics 'read' totally influence my opinion.

Musically, the instrumental itself that plays after Chester stops singing is also very different than previous singles. So it's a matter of this: I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, and I will reserve opinions till I hear the whole song. This should be rather interesting no matter what.

Kilmer, Iopia, lpfaneki and 3 others like this.
  6. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Agreed. I keep listening to clip #7 for the way he delivers the beginning of verse 2. Its pretty awesome. My favorite thing about Until It's Gone was his delivery on the second verse so I am hoping the verses deliver on Heavy too.

7. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

To be fair in his case, this is the only forum I know of that you can't double post

It's not really any harder in my opinion. All you have to do is say "self-titled"

8. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

But if you're talking in some other language, you will not say "self-titled"....

Petar likes this.
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Okay, you are right. I was wrong. I didn't think about language differences. That's a fair argument then ☺

Bane and TheZlajaZlo like this.
  10. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Yep, that's the main thing. We don't have a word for it here in Sweden, at all. Or at least not one to use in a normal discussion.

Really? Every forum I'm signed to have this rule. Nonetheless, I actually didn't know you could press the "reply" button on two posts (or for that matter, two times). I've always copied and pasted text.

Also, I didn't mean it in a bad way. He really made me smile!

11. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

so far , in my opinion #Heavy will be a powerful pop song with the most beautiful Vocals and melody!

12. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Might 'One More' refer to one more member joining the band = Kiiara? :shinado:

13. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This album cycle in particular has really been playing emotional mind games with me. It seems that each passing day, I feel differently about the upcoming single and album. Yesterday, I was quite worried about how "Heavy" would potentially sound, but today, I'm totally looking forward to it. One more day, ladies and gents, and several burning questions from many of us are likely to be answered.

Oh, and thank you for everything you have done for the fanbase and the band itself, Derek. This really is one of the best fansites I have ever visited, with such a dedicated (and diverse) community. One of the best aspects about the LP fanbase is that many of its "members" have distinctly different tastes in music from one another, yet LP has managed to bring us all together more than once throughout their career. Our diversity in music tastes is really a reflection of the band's diversity in making music. That says something about a band that was once said to be "Nu Metal Only" (I've always been skeptical of this claim). I honestly cannot think of another primarily rock band at this moment that has covered and successfully implemented so many different sounds from one album to the next.

Ree likes this.
  14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Do you think we'll get an "Acapellas and Instrumentals" album like we did for LT and THP?

15. joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

Though they say to expect the unexpected, I wonder if this song is to set tonally the shape of the album in the way Guilty All The Same did, or if it is an outlier that they know can chart well and be their next 'Numb'. I guess in the end it doesn't even matter.

16. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I also dislike the idea of self-titled albums, to me it feels lazy and less artistic. And by the way, I feel a lot of energy in Lost in the echo, to me it's probably one of their best songs ever.

17. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I can't quite put my finger on it but I get a Powerless vibe from this song (from what we've heard)

18. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

It looks like "One More Light" is indeed the album title, but we should wait for official confirmation. Still, it makes sense with the whole URL thing.

19. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think about the song, what we've heard so far.
    This song sound too much "Living things" like, the backround instrumental doesn't seem to be innovative.
    I don't know, I'm a fan of the gold era of LP, Hybrid Theory and Meteora, since then, I feel like I'm "waiting for a sound that never comes. "
    Of course, LP has made incredible tracks since then, some tracks are awesome, but unlike HT and Meteora, none of those new albums makes me listen to it as a whole.
    HT and Meteora can be listened from beginning to the end with me loving every track, but since Minutes To Midnight, I pick my songs, when I put the CD in my car, I skip a lot of tracks to listen to the best tracks, some songs I've probably didn't listen since ages.

I wish I could again have an album of LP that I can play from beginning to the end, and enjoy every track of it.

20. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

The site's url. It's been completed to "onemorelight".