Mike Shinoda Discusses New Linkin Park Album 'One More Light' in Interviews - Media Roundup & Recaps

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

Twintendo

Twintendo Member

That's definitely a possibility. And I'm glad that pun was intended haha!

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

How many more times are they going to plug the "We used to record like a hip-hop production group but THIS TIME we worked on crafting the lyrics first, and designed the music around it"

Been hearing it since Minutes to Midnight.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

LYRICS VIDEO

Sasuke, Dayz and number9large like this.
    Ghoul

Ghoul Member

Yes

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Less rapping? :cry: Well he better gave written some quality verses like MTM.

Anyway, hyped af!!!!!!:lol:

Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

I'm surprise that the track is only 2:49 and it sound as if there is an instrumental intro before leading to the verse and they cut it out. There should be an instrumental breakdown before leading to final chorus. The tone and mood is very chill-down and soft.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I hope Mike tries rap-singing like modern hip hop artists. :p That will make up for less rapping. I'm sorry. I don't wanna sound like a downer, I'm really excited for the record but I was hoping the new writing process would have Mike write some better rap verses than usual. :p Oh well, maybe he did. At least there is rapping. :lol:

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I agree, sadly. Sounds like a random pop song that'd play on the radio. I was hoping for the album to be more like Mark the Graves, A Line in the Sand, Wretches and Kings, Given Up, No More Sorrow and 1-3 ballads, my hope is kinda gone now though ha.

3/10 because it's really generic, chord progression sounds like I've heard it multiple times before, structure is boring, instruments are boring, etc. (Chester's vocals were good, but nothing new or special)

Mike Shinoda in 2014: "There’s so much music out there; there’s so much stuff that sounds like Haim or CHVRCHES or Vampire Weekend that I’m full. The thing I’m hungry for is not that. I turn on the rock station in L.A. and it sounds like Disney commercial music."

Well, damn, Mike.

Michele and number9large like this.
    SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Um, I don't know why you had those expectations.

They said from the beginning that One More Light was gonna be a more personal album. If you were expecting The Hunting Party 2.0, then you forgot the essential theme of Linkin Park reinventing themselves with each new album.

It might not be your thing, and that's fine, but there was no indication given that they were gonna do another heavy record again.

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

You'd not think that they're gonna go staight pop though, I mean, it's LP we're talking about. This is just uninspired music right here, in my opinion. Personal records could be VERY heavy, the best way to deliver inner conflicts in music is with heavy passages in my opinion. You could also write soft songs, but you get the point.

I'm just disappointed and will wait for new stuff.

number9large likes this.
    SkullDevil217

Well, we already know One More Light (the song) is gonna be completely different from Heavy, so there's that at least.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Thats the sad part it sounds like every other pop song on the radio, I can't it's not my type of music it never was. It's not original, as much as I hate ATS I think mostly every song on ATS is better than Heavy. I feel like Mike is a hypocrite and i Iove the guy, his rapping has always been a boom for me. I feel like LP are sellouts to appease the listeners of today's pop music.

ashish

ashish Active Member

Loved the vocal battle between kiara and chester.
    Kiara singing the chorus came as a surprise to me!

SkullDevil217

As long as you don't generalize the people who like Heavy, or the ones who hate it.

It's a very tricky road. It depends on the individual and how they express their opinions onto others, positive or negative. But you have to be respectful, whatever the case. There is no silver lining there.

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Now, when i listen the hunting party, i will do with a lot of shame, because all the hypocrisy. I wish somebody does remember to Mike the words that he said about pop music and rock.

MaX-1991 and Michele like this.
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

The dramatic shift in mindset from THP to OML is really quite staggering. I wonder if Mike later regretted some of this comments about the music industry in 2014, only to make certain songs more like the most popular genres today. I don't suppose the release of "Heavy" is an apology of sorts to the other bands/artists that he mentioned before that tend to make poppier music?

Whatever his reasoning, I can only hope that the rest of OML will be different from "Heavy". What's funny is that not even GATS fully represented THP, as there was still a decent amount of hard rock/metal variety. Only ALITS borrowed some elements from GATS, really.

InStereo, AndreyKamensky and MaX-1991 like this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I've updated the first post with a few recaps of media today. Mike is going through a lot as expected so this thread will be for all of them. If any interviews or press say something new or different by all means post it in here and we will try and add it to the front page! Thanks!

MaX-1991

MaX-1991 Member

well, when i listen to that, i listen a great album, but now also ask myselft why they converted the sound in one way in LT to THP, but reversed it in OML as if it were a continuation of LT (same sound style, but more poppier) and as if THP had been an alternative album in the middle.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I'm happy there's no screaming. Chester needs to save his voice.

Sasuke and SkullDevil217 like this.
  20. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Damn dude, most of you're time here is spent being moody towards others. Chill the fuck out and enjoy some new music lol. :lol: