Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Like the song? Yeah.
    Love the song? Need to hear few more times to stay.
    Love the vocals. Music could have been more inspiring than what it is tho.
    Ah such an interesting time to be a LP fan. We thought ATS was controversial. This is gonna divide fans even more now. Will be fun to see.

Also to people comparing Chester's vocals to Bieber as some sort of insult. You do realize that Bieber has a good voice right?

ciao_fiv, RapidGunner, Iopia and 2 others like this.
  2. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I would say that it depends on what you like. As a 20 year old European I know each of the guests on THP. Of ourse if you don't like rock music in general you wouldn't have no clue at all who they are. But especially in this context if they appear on an heavy (no pun intended) LP album you should recognize/know them.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I see you point. I just must correct you as Daron is from System of a Down, who are legends in the metal scene. But they are in Rage's time Era so the point is the same.

4. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

As a 19 year old brazilian I knew Tom and Daron pretty well, but just heard about Rakim once or twice before, and didn't really know Page. Kiiara was also new to me before this feat.

5. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

The worst of all it's that if you change the voice of Chester for the Justin Bieber, the song really sounds like one of him. THIS IS NOT LP. Linkin Park are rock. MTM, ATS, LT, have a lot of pop elements, but it's rock at the end.

Reanimate02 and Michele like this.
  6. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Ok guys, I'm really not into mainstream or top charting songs nowadays so, can anyone tell me if HEAVY has the power to became a massive mainstream sucess? (I mean, billboard's top 20, even better than that)

Gravity_LP likes this.
  7. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Sounds pretty good to me, a bit shorter than expected but otherwise fairly decent. I can see a lot of people hating on this one, but what else is new in the LP fandumb? :kappa:

I hope the boys continue the recent tradition of releasing their albums as instrumentals and acapellas, I'd love to hear what the remix community could do with the vocals here!

8. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Now, now, let's not jump to conclusions just yet. I haven't heard many of J. B.'s more recent songs yet, so I can't really comment on Chester "sounding" like him. That said, many of the signs leading up to the release of "Heavy" clearly pointed to a more radio-friendly, dare I say, poppier, sound for just this one song. Remember, we have no idea what anything else on the album sounds like at this point.

I know you're a huge fan of LP's older sound, and so am I. I have faith in LP that they included at least 2-3 songs that will in fact be heavier than "Heavy" (that just looks weird :lol:). Do check out the tracklist when you can. Some interesting titles on there, to be sure.

You only have 7/10 in that list. Even so, a very solid Top 10 in progress ::chester:

9. Blake

For me I knew all four by name but wasn't familiar with Page's actuAL work in music. However, I had actually heard Daron, Rakim, and Tom's music before.

Kiiara I had never even heard of her name before. And I love Pop music.

10. Blake

I couldnt decide on the last 3 at the time :D

11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

While promoting The Hunting Party, Mike mentioned how he would turn on KROQ and hear a bunch of pop music.

Cut to: Mike Shinoda using KROQ to debut a brand new shimmering pop song. Whoops.
    :p

1. The song is...fine. It sounds so carefully constructed to specifically sound like music from the alternative R&B/women-driven electro pop zeitgeist. It does all of the same things. It's hard to reconcile an album that is supposed to be super "honest" with a song that sounds like a Frankenstein's monster of PBR&B cliches.

2. Kiiara sounds great. If this song was just her vocals, I'd probably like it more. Which leads me to

3. Chester's voice. Either his voice has (continued) to severely regress, or he's just trying way too hard to sound "pained" to go along with the theme of the song. Either way, I don't think it works well. Chester sounds like he is struggling to keep up with the song and Kiiara, while Kiiara breezes through it no problem. I think Mike would have been the better vocal choice. It would have brought more of a dynamic to the song.

RapidGunner and Dayz like this.
  12. Blake

Who's to determine that Linkin Park is rock?
    I think Linkin Park is to determine that not the fans

13. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

I really like it. At the moment im not blown away but i'm sure i will listen to it very often in the next weeks
    I just checked out the first teaser with mike playing the piano and it was really interesting to listen to this again.
    This lead single definitely way more better than Burn It Down !!!:lol:

Deliveranze likes this.
  14. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Unlikely. This particular brand of pop (LPA seems to have this idea "all pop music sounds the same", it doesn't) isn't particularly new or innovative, it just sounds like Linkin Park trying to emulate an already established, debatably on-it's-way-out style of music. It might do moderately well, since it's not like they pulled a Korn and picked up on dubstep the second it started being seen as a complete joke, but it's also not like the band has their pulse on what's hot atm, either.

Flukes happen, and it could do well, but there's nothing phenomenal about it that suggests it will.

Reanimate02 and Brandon like this.
  15. Blake

This song would be considered rock if 5SOS wrote it

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

16. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah, thats the way i feel about is.

Reanimate02 likes this.
  17. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I have some mixed feelings about it, but it's probably one of the better songs they've released since ATS.

My main issue with it is that it's so undercooked. At 2 minutes and 50 seconds, it's so short. There was something really cool going on in the bridge with Kiiara, but it just abruptly stops. I didn't quite like what Chester was doing with his voice towards the end, but his vocals caught me really off-guard (in a good way).

Overall I really like it. It's got a damn good chorus man

RapidGunner and Sasuke like this.
  18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Agree. Burn It Down sounded like a worse New Divide. This song is actually far more interesting and different for the band. "BUT SONGS LIKE THIS ARE ON THE RADIO ALL THE TYMMMMEEE!!!" So fucking what? Nu metal was on the radio all the time too back in 1999/2000.

19. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I'll just remind some people that Joe says in the Frat Party at the Pankake Festival dvd that "we are not a rock band", I really don't mind the genre in this, I just keep complaining that they deleted the intro we heard in the drum idea video. Also, I like the "pain" in Chester's voice, specially in that "vocal solo" part after the bridge.

Abel likes this.
  20. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I don't hate it but I'd probably like it a lot more if it was just Kiiara vocals and a Mike rap or a Mike/Kiiara duet. Chester doesn't sound "bad", exactly, but he doesn't sound really substantial either. Very bland.