Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

its been a while since i stopped commenting here regularly, i followed all the steps so far without a word, but now i felt like saying something.

appears to me that LP has gone completely into the enterteinment industry, which is very distinguishable from a ideal art/music industry, as a LP fan i have to say that i only tolerate Heavy because its a LP song, if i heard it on radio without knowing or recognizing it as LP i would mute it right away. its a bad song, its even less inspired and generic that the worst parts of living things and THP melt together, the lyrics are below average even by LP standards, it sounds like it was meant to be played on radio and it probably was. the only thing i enjoyed about it was kiiara vocals, because chester is sounding worse than ever before, he sounds so weak and airy, his lows on the verses are very weak, and he strains on the chorus, which is a rather easy one, yet some people are mistaking how bad he sounds thinking that its intentional or a just how the album was produced. enjoy the song and his vocals as much as you want, but there is no way to deny how generic the song is and how unhealty chester vocals are here. it seems to me that we are rationalizing and trying to excuse LP for the bad music they have been making just because we are fans and respect them.

hasbino, Artur, HearTEateR and 4 others like this.
  2. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

The thing that I dislike the most about this song is that Kiiara outshined Chester here. His voice sounded a bit too raw and not as powerful as hers in this mix.

Reanimate02 and Noenemy like this.
  3. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Yep, this song is already polarizing the core fanbase. LP still has consistency with releasing unexpected songs that are at opposite ends of the music spectrum.

Exhibit A:
    Guilty All The Same feat. Rakim (2014): a hard rock/borderline metal, almost 6-minute musical odyssey with crunching guitar riffs, furious drumming, raw vocals, an in-your-face rap verse, ending with a guitar solo-driven outro....

Three years later, we have

Heavy feat. Kiiara (2017): A very radio-friendly R&B-inspired, electronic pop-oriented, less-than-3-minute song with prominent soulful male and female vocals. Some guitar work and drumming, with a chill beat and rhythm throughout.
    These songs couldn't be more opposite in their sound, yet they are still from the same band. Truly mind-blowing, if you think about it :head:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    ciao_fiv, HearTEateR, Sasuke and 2 others like this.
  4. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Heavy should fit perfectly in that album. This is like a dormant track of Tranter and Michaels where Mike may have said: "Hey, let's have Chester sing on that track!"

Reanimate02 likes this.
  5. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i like kiaras voice more then the rest.. yeah i iike this song altho this is not rock its pop

6. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Heavy is the best rock song I have ever heard from Linkin Park. Oh wait...

7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I'm quite disappointed there will be less rapping on the record than others. That's not inherently a bad thing, MTM barely had rapping and that was some of Shinoda's best verses but I do wish for the new writing style, Mike would utilize that to his advantage on the rap aspect.

8. dookiedung

dookiedung Member

I personally enjoy the song. It isn't mind-blowing or revolutionary by any means, but a nice track. Kiiara was phenomenal. I am excited to hear chesters vocals on the rest of the album as well as mikes singing. I wonder how it would have sounded if they included mike in the song somewhere?

9. Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

I don't hate the song, I respect every direction LP takes but I'm just disappointed that the final version is so different from all the snippet we were getting. Where is the intro that we hear in the "Drum Idea" video? Where is that epic "I'm holding on" by Chester after Kiiara sang her verse in the "Kiiara vocal" video? The song only sounds good to me when the drums and all the instruments kicks in during the second chorus, but the first half is disappointing. I hope the whole album proves me wrong and kicks me in the balls. Btw their style this time with the album is very retro-ish and hipster-ish with all the Polaroid photo and old color looking effects. No more drawing and sketches :(:cry:

10. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Is this the first time LP has featured a woman? Because it needs to happen more often.

Sasuke likes this.
  11. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Lol why do people make a statement in the shout box and then post the same exact shit?

12. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Buddy, people are not excusing anything. Taste is subjective, and like I stated some time before, criticizing people who like something you don't like is a huge no-no. Same case if it were vice-versa.

ciao_fiv, HearTEateR, Abel and 3 others like this.
  13. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

It makes them feel awesome. :kappa:

Sasuke likes this.
  14. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

again for me, its not a "problem" that the style is different (as I mentioned I like ATS because not one song is really alike (except maybe the interludes but hey thats what interludes are for sorta)) but if you change your style and the result is shit, as this is the case here imo, then its just a horrible song.

15. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I actually just went back to GATS after listening to Heavy. Even taking the "holy shit heavy metal" aspect out of the track, Heavy is just such a dramatic regression in ambition. I agree that if I ever heard this song on the radio and it wasn't by Linkin Park I'd agree its kinda catchy but would never defend it.

HearTEateR likes this.
  16. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

linkin park fans are hard to please, i got 14 dislikes on my youtube remake video.
    uhm

17. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Just because you don't like his vocals here doesn't mean you are more allowed than others to judge if it was intentional or not (except you have been with them in the studio, than I would like to hear you elaborate on this). I think the voice sounds sad and broken with a glimpse of hope. And this perfectly captures the song for me. Despite that I think some write-ups that still talk about "this is not linkin park" haven't realized what the band was up to in the last decade (not refering to comments on lpa).

Iopia likes this.
  18. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I like how they put a kind of "drop" but with real drums, that's a way of using Rob's evolution in the last cycle for electronic music haha

19. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Dear Linkin Park, President Donald J. Trump here. I loved you since Hybrid Theory EP, okay? In The End, great song, okay? Numb? I love Numb. It's fantastic, it's number one. What I've Done? Tremendous song. Videoclip? Total disaster. It's fake news, okay? Global warming is a hoax, created by CHINA. Total scumbags. A Thousand Suns is huge, okay, huge, let me tell you, it is the best of the best. The Catalyst, total disaster at first, actually got better the more I listened to it and became one of my favourite songs of yours. Burn It Down, appreciated it, okay? Until It's Gone is okay, okay?

Heavy? Are you kidding me? It's a total nightmare. A total disaster. It's a low energy song. Linkin Park are now, officially, total losers. Sad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Caique Soares

Caique Soares Member

MTM = Where is Mike? This is not Linkin park
    ATS = Where's the guitar? This is not Linkin Park
    LT = To pop, this is not Linkin Park
    Recharged = To electronic, this is not linkin park
    THP = To heavy and dirty. This is not Linkin Park
    OML = Loading ...