Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

The lyrics don't talk about homosexuality, it's not gay... Oh wait, you were just being utterly childish

ciao_fiv, Jovertop and SkullDevil217 like this.
  2. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

This song grows on you.

There is sooo much going on production wise, almost too much for such a short song.

With that said, I am starting to like it.
    The vocal filter on Chester's voice was really off putting at first, but I am starting to appreciate it.

One thing I think most of us can agree on is that this song was WAAAY more different than what I had imagined.
    It almost doesn't sound like Linkin Park.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Deliveranze likes this.
  3. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Soo.. Ok i like it, it's very pop but still listenable but.. I don't likr te begining, Chester just doesn't get it. Kiiara fit it just right but his parts are just not so good

4. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Now I'm listening to Reanimation.

Night and Day.

Artur and Reanimate02 like this.
  5. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, don't use "gay" as a derogatory term. Please read our rules if you want to post here. Thanks!

6. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Good idea! :chuck:

Reanimate02 likes this.
  7. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Mike said that the album sounds like Heavy.

And yeah, I remember LP got a little bit iffy with CHVRCHES, about not going in that direction, about not making "Disney commercial music." Well, Heavy sounds like that catchy music in a commercial. A bit hypocritical from Mike, it pains me to say.

Dayz likes this.
  8. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I don't like Chester's voice but love Kiiara's voice when the song goes strong.

Still, a little disapointed, this is so ... mainstream ... this is exactly the direction I hoped that LP would never, never take.

Song is good, very good, but for LP, not the direction I thought. Too mainstream ...

9. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Will someone have the balls to ask Mike about all the statements he made about pop music in 2014 before THP and why now they're releasing exatcly that music?

If i was the Chvrches singer i would shitty publicly on LP. Hypocrites.

10. Millino

Millino Member

I realize how good a song really is from the number of times I can listen to it repeatedly without it turning from "i really like this song" to "this just is disgusting. I can't take anymore of this shit".
    I don't really like this song or something. If Chester was singing more sadly or there was more real drum or guitars I would love it without thinking of length or genre. I don't like it but I've been listening to it repeatedly for more than an hour and I'm not vomiting so I guess it's a pretty amazing song and a good single for album. Hope the music video make me like this song more...

11. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

At least the new incubus song rocks! Brad sounds like he has a ton to do in "heavy"

Michele likes this.
  12. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Plainly going to say it. My banhammer is polished up real nice. Do not use homophobic slurs in our forums. Go read up on the Forum Rules. Thank you.

13. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Does anybody else feel there's a bit of OneRepublic in the background sound effects to Heavy?

There are similarities with 2013's Native in particular.

14. Ouro

Ouro New Member

Long time LP fan (since ATS, ok not that long) but only started following this page after they started teasing HEAVY. Just listened it and it's different but it's amazing! Kiiara's part is definitely the highlight of the song.

15. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Mike's mind might change, like most people. Shocking I know.

To be honest here, let's say that LP makes another poppy song but you like it so much anyway I doubt you would bat an eye to Mike's statement.

16. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Does everyone really thinks when this song boring Powerchords had, then it turns to be better? it's fine to not like it, but when you say 'this shit is crap'. 'It's pop garbage' it's fucking ignorant.
    sorry it's just my opinon. i really like this song and i don't give a shit about how poppy is it. #GenreIsDead

ciao_fiv and Crankshaft like this.
  17. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

I'm going to put a my spin on this and I hope that you guys can absorb it, so bare with me. I think you'll like it...

I absolutely love the song and here's why. From the second Mike described it as something we could all relate to, you should really give it a few listens, break it all down and figure it out.

'Heavy' is more or less about the daily struggles we may experience over the course of a day or week, you can correct me on that. I think the message gets across, sometimes things are going to suck, it's going to happen, it's part of us and you can't necessarily do anything about them but you can't let that shit weigh you down. It happens, you can change your future but presently, sometimes the script changes. You have to get over whatever that may be, it's not going to be the worst 'thing' to happen, you might think that way, "why me?" but everything will be okay. Things build, and build and build but it's not worth holding those feelings in and working yourself lifeless.

The song itself, vocally plays into that. Chester's vocals in that opening first verse fit pretty good, listen to it with thought, it's not strong. You can hear a sense of struggle, tiredness and maybe a little bit of a cry for help. Having Kiiara come in is nice, it provides support and another half of a struggle, not every issue is the same but there's balance and towards the end the song gets more powerful. Two halves make a whole, you take the good and the bad. Eventually it'll come to pass but it won't be the last time. Things are okay for now.

Maybe I'm too in depth with this, that's how I feel about it. Everyone's opinion will be different, yes it's err, 'pop' sounding (iTunes lists 'Heavy' as pop BTW, not sure how it's on the other platforms.) But I'm okay with that, the direction changes with every album, but I wouldn't say everything about from what we've already heard before is missing. Drums hit pretty hard towards the end of it and the digital era is still growing. Remember when we weren't sure how 'Wretches and Kings' would be performed live? I think that was fine, the band is pretty versatile and Chester isn't going to scream forever, live it'll make for a nice break in a set list that the entire audience can sing. 'Hands, Held, High' is similar.

And this is only the single guys, let's wait till May. One things for sure, this will be another new breed of Linkin Park fans. It's been that way since the start. :)

--RS

18. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I think its fair to say both. As long as its not "If you like this, you have to be an idiot". If I say its pop garbage (which is true imo) I'm not directly offending anyone. Sure someone might not like what I say but I am not saying YOU are the problem (does that make any sense?)

19. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I love Mike but he's one of the biggest hypocrites

Reanimate02 and mandylane like this.
  20. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

is he?