Linkin Park - One More Light, New Album Releasing May 19 2017, Preorder Now at LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I really like the song titles. Wish the album title was something else though.

DarrenLP

DarrenLP You're Guilty All The Same

Heavy is a fantastic song, I've listened to it about 10 times already. But I'll for sure be skipping the pre-order, which isn't something I usually do for my favorite bands. $20 for just the CD? $45 to throw in a mediocre-at-best looking shirt? Yeah, no thanks. I'll wait until it hits the shelves of Target and Best Buy and pick it up for $10, and buy a way cooler shirt for $20 at Hot Topic.

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

I just hope the album is like 35mins+
    Battle Symphony is probably the best title in this album.

Noenemy, Dragondust and Sasuke like this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

So, it's probably safe to assume we'll get another single before the album? If "Sorry for Now" is what Mike was singing all those months ago, then I want to hear that.

Zakksalvo and Minty Loops like this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Remember when people were having theories about the release date in regards to birthdays? Because the posted the altered image of the Happy Birthday Rob picture and because Mike + Chester had birthdays shortly after??

Well they're actually releasing it on my birthday so they were right all along!!

Petar likes this.
    abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

Hahaha......thnks for the clue,i almost forgot that

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

The already lpu members are in loss if they preorder from official site.....they have to buy membership twice

Petar and Minty Loops like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm fairly sure I won't be pre-ordering from linkinpark.com this time

I like 10-track albums so I have no problem with my favourite band doing one :)

Iopia, hasbino and Vic like this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I just hope the cowbell preview by Mike on his Instagram stories made it to the final cut.. I'm curious which one is Connor Youngblood's collaboration.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I have a problem/complaint here... these pre-order options are borderline crippling. It feels to me like get everything or get nothing.

- I don't need the vinyl; I don't have any others, and if I get this one I'm going to feel compelled to get the other 6, and every future release on vinyl, and that's a money strain as well as unnecessary as I'm not a vinyl collector and I don't have a record player
    - I don't need the t-shirt. It's nice, but I have many t-shirts, including like 4 Linkin Park t-shirts as well
    - I already have an LPU membership
    - I don't really need the enamel pin set. Again, they're nice, but I'm no collector and it's not important to me
    - The band photo idea is kind of cool... but I could live without them
    - I really, really want the artbook, and it's only in the "Just Give Me Everything" for $199. That might be $199 USD, but even if it's CAD (I'm Canadian) that's still a lot. $225 after tax

The CD will be like $12.99 in stores... and I can download it digitally if I don't want to do a CD rip and at most pay another roughly $10. am I really jumping to $199 just for the artbook?

This coming from somebody who just bought 'Heavy' digitally from two different sources, because I like supporting the band, but this is a bit much...

Andreina, Petar and Minty Loops like this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

No, I agree. Not purchasing the album off their website even though I'd prefer to support them directly. I don't want any of the extras, not at that price. I'll wait until just the regular CD pops up on places like Amazon or Best Buy.

Meteorain likes this.
    Meteorain

Yeah. It just kind of sucks because I like ordering directly from them, and I really do want the artbook, and I know it won't ever be available anywhere else on its own (other than eBay for an outrageous price that'll just leave it as "Might as well have paid $200 for everything" if you're going to cave to that price).

I just don't think I can justify it, and I buy damn near everything these guys release. If I had other super-duper deluxe sets from past albums, it might make sense, but I don't.

Crazy that I still haven't nailed down my decision though and I feel like "I don't know what to do" instead... though I better hurry if I'm actually caving, because it may sell out soon.

Minty Loops likes this.
    Minty Loops

Minty Loops Well-Known Member

If it makes it any better, it's actually only $159 including tax. But I know what you mean. I'd love to have the art book but there's no way I'm paying that much money just for the book. I'd buy it if they sold it separately. Even if it was something like $20. I love the art that they come up with and I know I won't have any other chance to see it.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So which one is Connor Youngblood's collab? So Kiiara is the only featured artist on this record, ey?

Meteorain

Where did you see $159 including tax? The following link is what I'm seeing :

http://store.warnermusic.ca/collections/linkin-park/products/the-just-give-me-everything-box-set?intcmp=170207/lpark/wbr/spl/s_pr/but/bdy/ww/linkin-park-one-more-light-deluxe-box-set-pre-order-enter-store&lf=4f77ac4dedd0a54530616777190695ab

If you're right I might actually cave... and kick myself later for all the extras I don't know where to put as I've been trying to de-clutter my life lately...

Attached Files:

Minty Loops

Minty Loops Well-Known Member

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Just 10 tracks :cry:
    I think producers don't get listed as collabs. they also worked with Corin Roddick (he's missing there too). i don't think that they've brought all those people on board just for demos :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

Ahh remember the ATS Deluxe Fan Edition Box Set? Which at the time only cost $99.99 ? And had Vinyls and a art book? Those were the days. Now it's a price gouging $200. I don't know what the thinking is, but it's certainly a turn off. As Meteorain said I can ignore vinyls, photo, shirts and pins but dammit make the art book available for cd-bundle too. The ATS even had a making-of dvd. Which this one lacks.

Meteorain likes this.
    Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Alright my feelings are very polarized at the moment, so I decided to list pros and cons of the album/single:

Pros:
    -new direction/sound
    -Creative titles (mostly)
    -new tours (18 month cycle confirmed again)
    -album/single covers are beautiful

Cons:
    - 10 songs? For as long as they've been in the studio, that's a let down. I understand they had "protools corrupted saves", but nearly 18 months in the studio for 10 songs???

- I like the new direction/sound, but "Heavy" was too short. Mike could have sang near the end because his voice is great for somber tones.

- $159 for the "give me everything" package? How much money is WBR trying to rip us off?

- Why is the release date in May? The album was pretty much finished mixing a couple of weeks ago..?

Meteorain

Wow that is weird that they have different prices despite everything else being the same... I wonder if they'll catch this and one or the other will adjust their price. Imagine people pay $199 and then they see this? They'd be upset and be calling for a price adjustment.

Anyway, thank you for the info/link

EDIT : I figured it out, and it's something I should have noticed sooner... my page is .ca so they'd already converted it to CAD. The price is $149 USD and $199 CAD.