Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I know Warner doesn't have influence in the music they write but don't they have influence on which songs they release as singles?

2. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

In our podcast he said that Linkin Park choose the singles I believe. Unless I'm remembering wrong. I'm sure they have a say but Mike made it seem it's more the band than them.

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he said the label advised that Until It's Gone be the first single but they ultimately let the band decide to release GATS.

4. Mitch

Mitch YTB

After a few more listens, I really appreciate the way it's been mixed. So much more clarity in the production compared to the last two albums.

5. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Worldwide ITunes charts:
    Yesterday: 22nd place
    Today: 10th

http://kworb.net/ww/

I guess this will be as high as it gets but that is a pretty great success regarding visibilty for their new stuff.

Gravity_LP and Alexrednex like this.
  6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Why can't it get any higher?

It's unusal for songs to shoot up to #1 overnight

7. joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

I've listened to to it quite a bit. I think for me the two things I've came to are 1) After Mike hated and loathed on this type of music 3 years ago, it's definitely jarring to be doing it. I'm actually liking a lot the sound of Sorry for Now that I heard in the blackbear clip. I like Heavy. It's not a bad song. There is some depth people are choosing to ignore and I'm sure in context it'll age better. Number 2) for me is that I had hoped we'd get a huge 16 track genre diverse album that was an all encompassing picture of Linkin Park as a whole. Pop, Rock, Electronica, old(nu) and that it get fresh. I don't hate pop, I don't hate any music because someone who wrote that song whoever it is had an emotion they tried to convey. I am just feeing left short by a short first single, and only a 10 track album that is one genre. I'm sure One More Light will be great. Im just feeling hungry and disappointed that I may not get my fill.

8. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Some quotes from this page which perfectly sum up my thoughts:

"This though...what the fuck is this...this isn't musical growth or trying something new - this is shitting on Hybrid Theory and Meteora for some radio play and a paycheck because it's being released as "Linkin Park". So disappointed that a band that was so important to me in my youth is doing this now."

"Where's the mention that it took four people to write the lyrics to 'Heavy'? Honestly. Four people to write a song that belongs at the end of a Disney movie? Oh wait. Sorry. I forgot that they threw in the word 'fucking' in the song so as to continue to be commercially viable and retain the hipster vibe among their eventual newfound "fans". This band is so embarrassing to their former selves. Shame."

"The last album was a flop in their eyes so they had to do something to be in the charts again. Sad shit."

https://www.ultimateguitar.com/news...s_how_whole_new_linkin_park_album_sounds.html

9. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Are we 100% sure that the clip that's supposedly Sorry For Now actually IS that song? I've seen so many comments about it already.

10. Joe

Ah, the thoughts and opinions of Ultimate Guitar readers. Just what I take on board over an album that has "no super heavy guitars" on it.

Captain-EO likes this.
  11. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Rather, rinse, repeat.

That's all your posts have been throughout this thread.

99% sure it's the same song. "Sorry for now, that I couldn't be around...". It's too much of a coincidence not to be, imo.

Captain-EO, Bane and Noosh like this.
  12. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

I can see it getting higher but I doubt it'd get number one. Top 10 is definately possible, maybe Top 5 but who knows i'm pessimistic lol. We'll definitely get a clearer picture over the weekend and the first chartings of the song come out of how successful it'll be

13. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Of course it can, I am just trying to keep my expectation in line.

It is already in the (worldwide) Top 10.

14. Joe

Found the part of the podcast where Mike says this here. Talks about Warner and how they choose singles.

15. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Right! HT/METEORA and even MTM were never, i repeat never played on the POP radio.

Iopia likes this.
  16. Mitch

Mitch YTB

I guess that depends where you are located though. In Australia Linkin Park is (including HT, Meteora and MTM) played on a variety stations, some of them being primarily pop focused.

17. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Ah I missed that. Well then it's already done lol

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I've played this song at office and we're six people, two of them are either approaching their forties or way past them. They all like it and even sing it when it's not playing, it's been only two days!! And that makes me feel great because finally I can share the music of my favorite band to my friends or colleagues who aren't into heavy rock music.

My close friend who sits beside me at the office isn't a rock person at all, and I told her "you're going to like the song". We listened for the first time together, she's very empathic and friendly and was swooning just like I was, she was happy for me and then she went "send it to me" right away.

I just loved this experience. Oh and Mike liked my tweet yay.

19. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Lol the irony in that is ITE hit #1 on Pop and #2 on the Hot 100, but of course it was a different time back then. Basically every album other than THP had at least 1 song chart on the Pop chart. They may not have all been smashes, but they did find their way on the chart.

Edit: Even Given up charted on the Pop chart at #78 lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Given_Up

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  20. joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

I am Assuming it is since a) he worked in the studio and b) the lyrics in the video go "Sorry for Now, that I couldn't be around sometimes things refuse to go the way we plan(or planned)" track name on the OML is sorry for now.